Forums » General Gaming

Official Witcher Discussion Thread

• 1913 posts
    August 3, 2015 8:33 AM EDT
    Silver for monsters, steel for humans

Here is where we may discuss our love of the Witcher series: It's characters, stories, games, artwork that was made, etc.

We may discuss things like which school would you like to have been from? Who's your favorite character? Yennefer or Triss?

Feel free to post and have lengthy discussions, farewell dhoine. :P
    • 1913 posts
    October 15, 2015 1:04 PM EDT
    I'm not saying I hate fighting hum, quite the opposite, it makes me feel like a proper monster hunter that must use skills on an unknown foe...
    • 641 posts
    October 15, 2015 1:15 PM EDT

Yeah I do have pre-NG+ saves but the problem is when the hotfix eventually comes I will need to use a pre-1.10 patch save, so playing on would be pointless beacuse I would have to reload to get my stuff back.

• 1595 posts
    October 16, 2015 3:25 AM EDT

I just finished HoS' main story. What a ride!

• 641 posts
    October 16, 2015 4:19 AM EDT

It's hard not to ask you for spoilers....

• 1913 posts
    October 16, 2015 4:45 AM EDT

To quote Stephen King "Stick your fingers in your ears, yell 'LALALALALALALALALLALALA', close your eyes, or grow up and learn spoilers aren't bad."

• 649 posts
    October 16, 2015 5:12 AM EDT

Hm, Stephen King is the king!

• 641 posts
    October 16, 2015 5:15 AM EDT

All I really want to know is if my boy Iorveth turns up

• 1913 posts
    October 16, 2015 5:27 AM EDT

Nope. Not at all. Isn't even referenced.

• 641 posts
    October 16, 2015 5:35 AM EDT

• 1913 posts
    October 16, 2015 5:40 AM EDT

I feel they are saving him and possibly Saskia for the final expansion.

• 1913 posts
    October 16, 2015 5:41 AM EDT

Cause otherwise to not have her matter or show up is shifty writing and to not include fan favorite Iorveth even in a way to just confirm he's dead is stupid. I refuse to believe they are that incompetent.

• 1217 posts
    October 16, 2015 9:36 AM EDT

When did that DLC come out?

• 1913 posts
    October 16, 2015 11:25 AM EDT
    Last Tuesday
    • 1217 posts
    October 16, 2015 11:36 AM EDT

Ah, I thought it was this week, and was like "Phil, did you sleep!?"

• 1913 posts
    October 16, 2015 12:25 PM EDT
    It was this week... Last Tuesday was like 2 days ago...
    • 1595 posts
    October 16, 2015 12:34 PM EDT

Ha  I had four nights off work to get it done. It's way longer than 10 hours worth of content unless played on piss easy difficulty. The final fight alone took me an hour and a half on deathmarch!

I've slept and am about to leave for work but the ending is still staying with me.

• 1217 posts
    October 16, 2015 12:38 PM EDT

I don't know anyone who says it that way.

• 1595 posts
    October 16, 2015 12:39 PM EDT

His presence would not have worked I don't think. The inclusion of Shani and one or two other old friends feels natural but any more than that would seem contrived.

I hope we find out about him in the next dlc, he is a loose end in need of tying off.

• 641 posts
    October 16, 2015 4:22 PM EDT

With the bugs and no Iorveth I think I'll give the DLC a miss until some other time.

• 1595 posts
    October 17, 2015 3:28 AM EDT

Aww, c'mon Veloth   I need someone I can discuss how awesome Gaunter o'Dimm is with and how fantastic the voice acting was from both him and Olgierd Von Everec throughout the expansion. Very few give a shit here, was counting on your enthusiasm and lively debate. I need to know who the voice actors are because I missed them when the credits rolled.

I understand though, there are a few bugs although I haven't been affected by them as much as you. You do know you can play the dlc with a pre-generated level 30ish character just to experience it? I can guarantee you will want to play it again down the line anyway so once the bugs have been fumigated you could use your NG+ Geralt.

I'm dying to discuss the ending mate

• 649 posts
    October 17, 2015 3:39 AM EDT

You poor little Phil... 

But seriously, I would discuss that if I even had time to play it. I haven´t played NG+ either, busy with so many things. 

So you guys have to take care of the discussion to convince me to play Witcher 3 again, because for some reason I´m not really enthusiastic about it.

• 1595 posts
    October 17, 2015 3:50 AM EDT

It's hard to talk about it without spoiling it but I can say that the moral ambiguity of the Bloody Baron character is present in Olgierd, the guy who acts as the challenger or adversary to Geralt compared to Gaunter O'Dimm who acts as a patron of sorts.

By turns I found myself deeply disliking Olgierd and also feeling incredibly sorry for him. These things aren't in your face either, like in some moments you don't find out the motivation until long after you first find out about the action.

For me, the end choice was a no brainer but I'd love to hear other's opinions.  

Not to mention the new weapons: Sword of absorb health? Check. Sword of build up and release power like Auriel's Shield? Check.

• 1913 posts
    October 17, 2015 8:44 AM EDT
    The voice actor for Gaunter O'Dimm is Dariusz Odija. Can't find Olgierd's though :(

I loved O'Dimm as he is an interesting character. He is like a djinn, a god, and a demon all rolled into one and even then you dont know what he is.

Olgierd is very hard to choose whether you like or hate him. He has moments of seeming like a monster and a bastard, but others where he has a sense of honor and he doesn't approve of certain bad things. And you do feel bad for him...

The final choice isn't difficult at all... Like... At all. Granted the other ending is cool and I love one reward for it cause its a funny thing added by CDPR (SPOILER: Gaunter explains how to get the good ending with Ciri, where she becomes a witcheress).

I dislike the runewrite

What new weapons are you talking about Phil? I never saw them.
    • 1595 posts
    October 17, 2015 12:40 PM EDT

Spoiler alert perhaps, Bryn?  Careful, Veloth and Karver haven't played it yet.

I'm pretty sure Dariusz Odija is the Polish actor not the English Language one...?

So do you buy what the professor in the college says about him being pure evil? It seems to me that he is just the reflection of humanity, of the one asking for help rather than an embodiment of evil, although he did do some pretty bad stuff. That ending has just stayed with me. Powerful stuff.

The swords I'm on about are the Caretaker's Shovel - you can see it on Geralt's back in the last screenshot I posted - and Iris, the sword Olgierd gives you if you chose that ending. I didn't really bother with the Runewrite, didn't have 10k Crowns. Most of the powers I unlocked seemed unimpressive, although the ability to change your armour type, from heavy to light for example, can definitely open up more building possibilities.