Forums » General Gaming

Official Witcher Discussion Thread

• 1913 posts
    October 31, 2015 4:53 PM EDT
    It was an event in the books. They were to capture Ciri and kidnap and possibly kill Heralt. Triss' only reaction was "Well... I'll sure miss him... Oh well, over it already."

As you can see the games took some HUGE liberties with her character.
    • 1913 posts
    October 31, 2015 4:54 PM EDT
    In the books while she did care for him, she valued her position in the lodge way more and would sacrifice anything for it.
    • 1913 posts
    October 31, 2015 4:55 PM EDT
    And no, they never found out.
    • 66 posts
    November 2, 2015 2:48 AM EST

Finished upgrading my computer today and played a few hours of this finally. Two minutes in I fell off the balcony and died, lol.

• 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 3:13 AM EST

Falling off the balcony...So that´s how the famous Geralt of Rivia ended.

• 66 posts
    November 2, 2015 3:23 AM EST

'twas a glorious death, for no mortal could best him. It took the full fury of Nature's greatest weapon, gravity, to end his reign.

• 1595 posts
    November 2, 2015 3:27 AM EST

I thought his final fate would be to choke to death on three pounds of steel.

• 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 4:00 AM EST

Actually I imagined that his final fate would be some Portal. You know how he hates them. Also, that moment when Yennefer teleports Geralt over that lake outside of Kaer Morhen...hilarious

• 1595 posts
    November 2, 2015 4:12 AM EST

She was definitely not in the mood! If it isn't a portal that kills him maybe it would be a doublet? I recall he mentions that he hates doublets too

• 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 4:20 AM EST

Yeah, but frankly: What are the odds that doublet kills you comparing to portal where anything can go wrong and one half will appear at the bottom of the ocean while the other half ends up in someone´s closet?

• 1595 posts
    November 2, 2015 4:23 AM EST

I don't know, those doublets can be dangerous...

• 1595 posts
    November 2, 2015 3:04 PM EST

New Witcher 3 Wallpaper. Hot, nothing more exciting than a scantily clad woman stinking of fish!

• 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 3:14 PM EST

"Oh, hello girl. Do you want me to be your Player IManagement Profession?"

• 641 posts
    November 5, 2015 3:10 PM EST

Witcher movie incoming 2016 

• 1913 posts
    November 5, 2015 3:59 PM EST
    And I feel it will be abominable... The only way they could properly do it would make it a hard R or higher rated movie... Anything lower would just fail.
    • 641 posts
    November 5, 2015 4:09 PM EST

Sorry I meant 2017. It's being co-produced by the Sean Daniels Company and Platige Films (They did the opening cinematics for Wild Hunt and all of Halo 5) and it's being directed by Tomasz Baginski who has done a bunch on animated stuff for all the Witcher games and got an Oscar nom for The Cathedral. So if I had to guess it's going to be an animated movie similar to Beowulf

• 1441 posts
    November 5, 2015 5:08 PM EST

If they made a Witcher TV show (again), it would probably be like a more dark fantasy version of GOT, with more fantasy elements

• 1467 posts
    November 5, 2015 5:12 PM EST

I'd rather not have that exist...A movie, based of a game based off a book is when it gets a little much for me (I'd assume they would base it off the game mostly, simply because it's a bit more mainstream). 

Regardless, I just don't really see it going well, the world of the Witcher really isn't suited to the big screen, perhaps a TV show (which would work better but essentially be GoT with more magic)  but definetly not a movie. 

• 1913 posts
    November 5, 2015 5:27 PM EST
    There already was a witcher tv show. In Poland.
    • 1441 posts
    November 5, 2015 5:33 PM EST

The Hexer

• 66 posts
    November 14, 2015 8:24 PM EST

I just beat the main quest line for Witcher 3, I was impressed. The last quest was intense and I loved OP Ciri, wanted that part to last longer. I went for a fast attack/potions build w/ the default Quen and Aard to supplement. 

Quests that stood out for me were the Baron/Crones ones (I freed evil mother nature :-(, saved the orphans :-), f'ed with the crones :-), Baron and that village died :-( ) and the drunk quest at Kaer Morhen (I chose Triss), that was done spot on.

Skellige felt like it was rushed to me, beautiful scenery but sparse for quests and NPC's, and I was really hoping to run into pirates at sea or board merchant ships.

The minimap tracking broke immersion for me, but I just saw that you can disable that in the comments here, lol, +1 CD P R.

• 641 posts
    November 15, 2015 12:08 PM EST

Now the hair\beard styles have bugged out... stupid game.

• 649 posts
    November 15, 2015 12:24 PM EST

How bugged out?

• 641 posts
    November 15, 2015 12:32 PM EST

It wont let me change the styles at the barbars, it just remains the default no matter what I pick

• 649 posts
    November 15, 2015 12:36 PM EST

Weird. Never happened to me and I´m playing on PC too. But I´m using only two hair cuts and clean shave, so...I don´t know.