Forums » General Gaming

Official Witcher Discussion Thread

• 649 posts
    October 29, 2015 7:22 AM EDT

hm. I wasn´t sure. Have to check it out on youtube than.

• 1913 posts
    October 29, 2015 7:23 AM EDT
    I got to say though, I love the lines between the noble lady and geralt when she asked how he died.

"Did he at least die like a Witcher?"
    "... No, he died like a hero."
    • 649 posts
    October 29, 2015 7:33 AM EDT

"Mgh. You might find it hard to believe,but... I was young too, once. Well, younger."

Hahahahaha

• 1595 posts
    October 29, 2015 8:00 AM EDT

Yeah, that got me in the feels too.

• 1595 posts
    October 29, 2015 8:03 AM EDT

Love that Viper! I'm curious what happens if you start NG+ with that gear. does it render it useless and at the same level as the Kaer Morhen set? That would suck considering you can only get it very, very late in the game. So you start with the best-looking set and finish with the best looking set but for a hundred hours in between you have to stash it!

• 649 posts
    October 29, 2015 8:05 AM EDT

That would really piss me off...

I inted to find out after I´ll finish the HoS

• 1595 posts
    October 29, 2015 8:11 AM EDT

It has a nice boost to poison resistance. Is there a Glyph or Decoction which would add to that resistance? Even if there isn't I imagine one could make an epic poison, oil and alchemy focussed build around the Viper Gear. That reminds me, did you get one of the Viper Venomous swords in Borsodi's treasury? If not you'd better reload (unless that's the one you can also get a diagram for...) Also, look out for the other one which is just as easy to miss if you side with Olgierd at the end.

• 649 posts
    October 29, 2015 8:56 AM EDT

Found them, and yeah, they work really well with Oil talents.

I don´t know if that poison resistance is that great though, especially when you´re playing an Alchemy build. I can pretty much drink up to 7 potions without getting my toxicity into dangerous hights, so using potion might be a better choice than rely on Armor. Plus, there aren¨t that many enemies with poison damage.

• 708 posts
    October 29, 2015 9:22 AM EDT

I've started a NG+ game with the Viper gear myself and everything is fine! Didn't pick up the weapons myself so I'm using Iris (Olgierd's sword) and a crafted level 35 silver sword with lots of Sign bonuses.

• 1913 posts
    October 29, 2015 9:24 AM EDT
    I believe you can get a sword or diagram if you... Well, I wont spoil, its at the end.
    • 649 posts
    October 29, 2015 9:43 AM EDT

And how long it will be effective in the NG+ at level 40 and higher?

• October 29, 2015 11:35 AM EDT
    So this is basically just a general Witcher thread at this point, right? :P

Just got the Last Wish and finished the first two stories already. I liked the Beauty and the Beast adaptation.
    • 649 posts
    October 29, 2015 11:52 AM EDT

Yeah, it turned into Official Witcher 3 Thread. Bryn should rename it I think...

Last Wish was really great quest, especially for those who read Sapkowski´s short stories.

What was your choice if I may ask?

• 1595 posts
    October 29, 2015 3:00 PM EDT

Great news! I agree about Iris, once you have that in your inventory it's hard to use anything else. That 100% knockdown effect when unleashing the charge is too cool to pass up.

• 1595 posts
    October 29, 2015 3:09 PM EDT

That poison resistance should also grant a resistance to that poison gas you can ignite with Igni without needing Golden Oriole, but yeah a boost to poison resistance does seem limited considering it's only really effective against wyverns, griffins and basilisks.

Still, that could make a good hook for a build. 

• 649 posts
    October 29, 2015 3:24 PM EDT

True.

I need to reconsider my build. I nearly got my ass kicked by Olgierd in that haunted house. 

I´m thinking abous something like Alchemy + Adrenaline while using Medium Armor for stamina regeneration. I need some damage output.

The bear build is all good and fine for survival, but the damage difference between light and strong attacks even with the Schoold of the Bear is really small. Like 400 damage, but light attacks are faster. 

For tanking it´s really great. But not exactly my style. I´m kinda dissapointed.

• 641 posts
    October 29, 2015 3:33 PM EDT

When I do the NG+ and DLC I'm going to respec as a caster and go all in with the signs 

• 649 posts
    October 29, 2015 3:37 PM EDT

That was what I was playing as my first build. You know how the game is really hard at the beginning and gets easier as you earn more talents?

Not the case with Signs build. Overpowered right from the start.

• 649 posts
    October 29, 2015 4:08 PM EDT

Hearts of Stone completed. 

• 1595 posts
    October 29, 2015 5:08 PM EDT

I thought all that had been patched out? I remember the videos of Igni Fire Stream melting the L48 Archgriffin in seconds but I thought it had now been balanced.

• 1595 posts
    October 29, 2015 5:08 PM EDT

So, what about Gaunter? The devil, or misunderstood?

• 649 posts
    October 29, 2015 5:19 PM EDT

Hm, I´m talking from experience from the start of the game. I wasn´t paying attention to the patches lately, but still, I the build I was playing wasn´t using Fire Stream and was still a lot overpowered. I was mostly spamming simple Igni for crowdcontrol.

• 649 posts
    October 29, 2015 5:22 PM EDT

Gaunter? Simple crossroad demon, and I knew it right from the start All that talk about deals and other stuff. I hate demons. They´re just playing with words to screw you. 

Don´t get me wrong. Olgierd got what he deserved and by siding with him, he has to live with that, which I imagine isn´t an easy thing. Plus damning someone´s soul into "hell" is quite big responsibility. 

• 1595 posts
    October 29, 2015 5:44 PM EDT

Simple crossroads demon or the crossroads demon? The discussion you have with the Oxenfurt professor implies Master Mirror is the epitome of evil, darkness incarnate, the devil. How do you think that fits within the world of The Witcher series?

What did you think of the painted world and Iris, piecing together those memories to reveal the story?

• 1913 posts
    October 29, 2015 7:19 PM EDT
    Considering in the world of Witcher, all religion is sort of disproved by science and fact yet people still believe in them, I believe he is just a creature from another plane like the wild hunt, but even more powerful. And given how humans turn to fiction when faced with things they don't understand or fear, they probably interpret him as a demon or in a worst case scenario, evil incarnate (Satan)