Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which did you join?

• 42 posts
    March 11, 2012 5:50 AM EDT

Which group did you join, Dark Brotherhood or Thieve's Guild. Which side did you join, Imperials or Stormcloaks. Which family do you support, Battle Borns or Gray Manes. Please leave a comment below saying which did you join/support.

This is me:

• Thieve's Guild
    • Stormcloaks
    • Gray Manes
    • 708 posts
    March 11, 2012 5:56 AM EDT

I'll use my first character, since prattling off the choices of all 13 would be rather boring for us all:

I didn't join the Thieves Guild and I destroyed the Dark Brotherhood

I aided the Imperials in their conquest of Stormcloak lands

I supported the Imperial supporters, the Battle-Borns (plus their name sounds alot cooler)

• March 11, 2012 10:26 AM EDT

Good question to come back here (sorry about that, RL is eating up game time). Going by my first character obviously:

- Companions

- Imperials

- Blades

- Thieves' Guild

- College of Winterhold

• 773 posts
    March 11, 2012 11:39 AM EDT

My current character (The Librarian 2.0) has fallen with the Thieves Guild and is having a blast with the Thieves Guild quests. I've not even made contact with the Dark Brotherhood yet with any character - just got the message about the kid in Windhelm, but not responded!

And I haven't yet taken any character into the Civil War quests for either side yet.

I've got soooooo much to do in Skyrim 

• March 11, 2012 6:47 PM EDT

I thought the Librarian was anti-guild?

• 773 posts
    March 11, 2012 6:52 PM EDT

Well, there was no way to get many of the books without stealing them. So it seemed that falling in the with the Thieves Guild was a natural development.

It's a purely pragmatic decision 

• March 11, 2012 6:54 PM EDT

Haha, that post sounded pretty nerdy sounding.

Surprised you didn't add

EDIT: That one looks pretty bad barely supersized...

• Tim
    • 12 posts
    March 25, 2012 4:45 PM EDT

CAUTION SPOILER

i joined the dark brotherhood so i could kill people that might really annoy me. when i got abducted by astrid, i went to talk to the people she wanted me to kill so i could figure out who i was supposed to kill. so the firt guy i talked to sounded gay. the girl i talked to souned like a b***h and the last guy was way to calm and not afraid of me. so i killed all three of them. then i also get to kill that orc bard lurbuk. i hate bards. they annoy me. i also got to kill the emperor and that one beggar narfi.

i joined the imperials because the stormcloaks are racist

and i hate the gray manes and battle borns

• 98 posts
    April 3, 2012 9:17 AM EDT

I'm going with my first character Grimnr:

College of Winterhold

I didn't support the stormcloaks or Imperials

Grey Manes because they are more humble and not stuck up like the Battle-Borns, that and they hate the Thalmor almost as uch as i do.

• 377 posts
    April 3, 2012 10:29 AM EDT

On which play through? Overall I did all of them to get the whole Skyrim experience.

• 4 posts
    May 22, 2012 10:11 AM EDT

I joined everything lol

Companions
    College of Winterhold
    Thieves Guild
    Dark Brotherhood
    Bards College

Right now I'm not choosing a side in the war, but I support the Empire (but not the Thalmor)

• May 22, 2012 11:02 AM EDT

Omg, it's a John Rose discussion!

• 739 posts
    May 22, 2012 11:21 AM EDT

LOL! @ ROFL!

I thought he was back for a moment!

• May 22, 2012 11:59 AM EDT

I've chosen all but I'll tell you my preferences. 

*Thieve's Guild

*Stormcloaks

*Gray Manes

To me there are both flaws of the Imperial and Stormcloak side, but I felt that I agreed more with the Stormcloaks.

• May 22, 2012 8:00 PM EDT

Battle-Born= Imperial

Grey Mane= Stormcloak :P

• 28 posts
    May 22, 2012 9:28 PM EDT

Dark Brotherhood every time, never played the Thieve's Guild but will do eventually. Played through Imperials and I am currently half way through Stormcloaks but plan on leaving it til after the main quest as I heard it is slightly different if you haven't sorted the civil war out. And I only recently got involved with the Gray Manes...at least I think it's the Gray Manes, I've just saved their son from a Thalmor fort anyway. Haha I guess their pathetic feud isn't that important to me.