Forums » Elder Scrolls

FOnline: Reloaded

• 100 posts
    July 21, 2015 12:23 PM EDT

logo

So as of this morning I came upon what might be a wonderful discovery. A free to play Fallout MMORPG. Anyone else aware of this shiz? Anyway, while the OFFICIAL WEBSITE gives good descriptors, I'm more apt to take the word of some fellow redditors on their testimonial of the games virtues: 

Dayz is lolipops and rainbows compared to this.

Apparently this wasteland is very harsh. 

TRUST NO ONE.

Talking is not like WoW. Whispering just lowers your speaking range. The only way to contact other players across the map is with a radio with a frequency you both have determined together.

Other players, if they find your radio frequency can spy on your conversations.

You can build a faction base, and I suggest you do. Its the only real safe area.

People can follow you to your base. Do not let this happen. If they do, kill them. Do not ask questions.

Play with a group for two reasons. It sucks to play alone and if you're found alone, guess what? You're gonna die.

If the words "can we trust this (whoever or whatever)" just kill whoever or whatever that is.

DO NOT TRUST ANYONE. IF A BRAHMIN LOOKS AT YOU WEIRD, KILL IT. IT WANTS YOUR STUFF.

So, being that I'm currently downloading the client, I thought to beseech you fellow Vault dwellers! If you need at least one person on your team, what happens if a large group from our vault gets together and rocks the house with a super-faction?  Eh? 

From the official website:

FOnline: Reloaded expands on the well-known and liked gameplay mechanics of FOnline: 2238 while simultaneously doing away with the elements of the previous game that weren’t really popular with the players. The key features of FOnline: Reloaded include:

• A faithful recreation of the post-nuclear California as introduced in Fallout 1 and Fallout 2
    • Numerous quests and adventures, including a well-developed caravan system
    • New random encounters, special encounters and enemies to fight
    • Diverse PvP activities that reward players for individual skill and teamwork
    • The ability to claim NPC-controlled towns for your factions and influence their laws
    • Player-controlled factions and gangs, complete with a wide range of wasteland hideouts
    • Expansive dungeons with plenty of demanding opponents to challenge
    • A new and improved character development system with no level cap
    • New weapons, armors, vehicles and collectibles
    • An extensive gathering and crafting system that allows you to craft unique and powerful items
    • A well-balanced banking and trading system that allows you to barter with both players and the NPCs
    • An extensive party system that allows you to lead companions, mercenaries, slaves and other kinds of followers
    • Pip Boy high scores and more!

So then, with that said: "Ready to f*ck sh*t up?"

• 100 posts
    July 21, 2015 3:25 PM EDT
    .......Nobody!?.......
    • 1217 posts
    July 21, 2015 3:30 PM EDT

Heheh, well if our Fallout poll is anything to go by, we've only got a handful of FO1 and 2 players here. That may change closer to/after release, of course. For me, I'm really impressed with the effort gone to to create FOnline, but it's definitely not my style of game XD

• 100 posts
    July 21, 2015 4:03 PM EDT
    Well that's a bummer xD
    I loaded it up and it is definitely impressive, but I get the feeling that my interest will wane.
    • 1913 posts
    July 21, 2015 5:43 PM EDT

*proceeds to copy Kurt Cobain*

• 100 posts
    July 21, 2015 5:54 PM EDT
    :P
    • 409 posts
    July 21, 2015 9:54 PM EDT
    I love the first two fallout games. I might give this a try.