Forums » General Gaming

Rotten Luck

• 62 posts
    July 3, 2015 12:19 AM EDT
    Well, I finally bought an Xbox One last week. I've been super excited about it, and have been consuming (and loving) ESO Tamriel Unlimited. I came home from work today to find...

One of our back windows had been smashed in, and someone had broken into our house. What was taken? Not the computer, or TV, or any of the 3 laptops in the house... Just my week old Xbox One.

Of course, it could have been much worse. There were more expensive things that could been taken, and I'm glad no one was hurt. There's still a pretty sick feeling in my stomach, though. It was rotten timing, and I'm out about ~$400.

I just wanted to vent for a minute. Anyone else have any severely disappointing or frustrating stories about purchases, accidents, or robberies?
    • 694 posts
    July 3, 2015 2:09 AM EDT
    Duuuude. That is AWFUL. I'm really sorry to hear that. Ugh.

I had a really nice bike stolen once. It was my first road bike and I bought it in college after saving for it from a summer job. I thought it was lost forever... until I found it near my apartment. It was laying next to some train tracks... completely mangled. Apparently, someone (or a group of someones) wondered what would happen if a train smashed into a bike left on the rails. The answer is that it gets transformed into a twisted hunk of scrap metal and I was very angry. What a waste.

If you have a personal article policy on your home insurance it may be worth looking into.
    • 1467 posts
    July 3, 2015 2:24 AM EDT
    No stories of robberies for me. One of my brothers did smash the screen if my Laptop with a vacuum cleaner...I'm still pissed off about that but otherwise I've been pretty lucky in terms of stuff not being destroyed or broken.

But that must be utter crap mate, rotten luck it is.
    • 113 posts
    July 3, 2015 12:35 PM EDT

DUDE!!! 

I bet with today's technological advances, you could find your Xbox One. 

• July 4, 2015 3:07 AM EDT

That sucks!