Forums » General Gaming

Dishonored Discussion

• 1467 posts
    June 25, 2015 8:16 AM EDT

To me Dishonored is a really interesting game, it has an interesting enough Lore and Atmosphere and the game is built really well. My favorite thing about the game has got to be the availability of choices and how they actually effect the game. I'm sure everyone who's played it liked the way it gave you choices, I mean sure every mission essentially ends with lethal or non lethal but the paths you take, the choice of killing each guard, getting what loot and everything else is really exciting

So how do you like you play the game. Enraged Killer, Silent Assassin, maybe even the non lethal attempt.

Personally I'm a fan of not being seen and killing but only when I have to. Not only is it challenging to take down enemies without being seen, it en adds another level when you can't kill them as a back up. And hiding bodies (which is critical in some levels) can be quite fun and I always try and hide them in logical places (well logical beyond the game, enemies don't exactly check everywhere.).

I'm opening the discussion up a little bit. Now it's just a general Dishonored Discussion, talk about whatever you want, from Lore, to Combat even talk about each mission. 

• 649 posts
    June 25, 2015 8:26 AM EDT

I know I have played the game just two times. First was pretty much to get hold of it, so I was going powers and killing everyone (I loved those fights).

My second playthrough was for three Achievements. Clean Hands (killing no one in the game) Mostly Flesh and Steel (no powers beside rank 1 blink) and Ghost (not killing anyone or being seen at all). That was really challenging - I mean insane challenging - but it was worth it! It turned the game into Thief style.

Also played Daud as a killing machine and then as non-violent nice guy

• 641 posts
    June 25, 2015 5:44 PM EDT

The first time I played it I did it "true assassin" style where I killed no one but the Targets, the second play through I cut a bloody swath through Dunwall and murdered everybody I came in to contact with and my last play through I ghosted it and never killed anyone. 

Personally I liked ghosting it the most. Super challenging but it's just really fun thinking up tactics on how to get by everybody and also coming up with great escapes when you get spotted.

• 1467 posts
    June 25, 2015 6:11 PM EDT
    I don't have the DLC yet... which sucks but hey Fancy new edition for the PS4 soon.

I've only finished the game once and I think that the next thing will be simply setting my own challenges. I like the achievements and all but they need more killing ones. Why don't I get points for killing everybody (if I do I don't see it, maybe those Secret ones). I do want to finish that Ghost Achievemnt and the idea of turning it into a Stealth Game is appealing. If only there was a difficulty above Very High (or whatever it's called).
    • 1913 posts
    June 25, 2015 6:14 PM EDT

Ironically, the DLC is better than the base game... Which isn't bad, but the DLC is just so much better. The new tools and powers are so much fun.

• 1467 posts
    June 25, 2015 6:20 PM EDT
    Of course it is...and I have to wait at least 3 months to get them. Why couldn't they be mediocre.

I mean I'm not going to complain about playing as Daud, I enjoy the idea of playing as someone not Corvo and he seemed pretty interesting. If the DLC are better then I'm going to have a lot of fun.
    • 1913 posts
    June 25, 2015 6:52 PM EDT

He also talks and says the dialogue choices you make. And it changes his character... Assassin seeking redemption or heartless bastard who needs to die...

• 130 posts
    June 25, 2015 8:33 PM EDT
    I really want to try styles of play that aren't atealthy or non-lethal, so I actually get to use some of my powers or weaponry, but I can't stand the effect High Chaos has on the game, so every time I play its always highly stealthy and non-lethal.
    • 1467 posts
    June 25, 2015 8:47 PM EDT
    I've only finished on low chaos but I want to play my next version as a kind of crazy killer. He doesn't think about strategy, just runs in and kills everyone. It could be fun I think.
    • 649 posts
    June 26, 2015 10:37 AM EDT

As Bryn Dog says, the both DLCs are way much better than original game. For instance, you can pretty much Blink in mid-air, because everytime you start aiming with Blink, time slows. Much more useful.

• 161 posts
    June 26, 2015 6:38 PM EDT

I personally played The Silent Assassin with a short temper, my first time playing. I would sneak and not be seen as much as I can but I see a easy kill I will take it. When I killed The High Overseer, I ran up cut his head off then hoofed it out.

But the Ninja ghosts play through is fun but I HAD to kill at least someone, I was fighting the itch the whole time. 

• 1467 posts
    June 26, 2015 9:14 PM EDT
    Hmm, seems overpowered...I love overpowered. If the powers are like that then I really need to get the Definitive Edition. The Powers in Dishonored are pretty much the best part if the game in my opinion. Dark vision is a personal favorite for any character, well I've only had one but I can't see it being useless.

If the DLC have more or improved powers I have to check them out.
    • 641 posts
    September 27, 2015 6:40 PM EDT

Dishonored 2 can't come quick enough. Has everybody decided if they will play as Corvo or Emily yet?

• 1467 posts
    September 27, 2015 8:35 PM EDT

We got ourselves a necromancer 

Personally I'll start off with Emily. I've played as Corvo and while there will be differences I think I want a fresh playthrough before testing out every combo.

• 641 posts
    October 1, 2015 3:52 PM EDT

Blessed by the Ideal Masters themselves

Do we know what differences there is between Em and Corvo yet other than  what we saw in the trailer?