Forums » The Lounge

WELCOME New members please say 'Hello' here..

• 8 posts
    April 19, 2016 2:29 PM EDT

Hello from Scotland!

I just joined today and have over 2000 hours in Skyrim on PC. It's the best game I've ever played and with the modding community the game is better than ever. I don't think I could ever go back to vanilla. I've restarted the game so many times and despite all those ingame hours I still haven't completed Dragonborn or sided with the Dawnguard. I aim to rectify that with my current game

I'm currently doing a roleplay in the game but I don't video it. It's just a story I write and if people want to read what I've done I'm willing to share it. I've did the background story and have an ending mapped out. Now just playing the the game to get to the ending I want.

So Hi!

• 140 posts
    April 19, 2016 2:35 PM EDT

Welcome to the Site, William!

If you're interested in sharing stories of your playthoughs, be sure to check out the Tamriel Tales group!

• 367 posts
    April 19, 2016 2:41 PM EDT

Awwwooo

Hello William. I'm Sotek, one of the Hosts in Tamriel Tales. Caesar's right on here. We've a mixed degree of writers and we cover a range of different stories. We're also a friendly pack so why not pop your head in thrugh door and have a look.

• 7 posts
    April 19, 2016 5:04 PM EDT

Welcome William!  Good to see you here!

• 1 posts
    April 23, 2016 12:52 AM EDT

Hello everyone! Ophelia here, it's my first day on The Vault and I'm excited to be apart of this great community.  I started with Skyrim but I've also played Oblivion (not to big on Fallout, sorry!)

• 649 posts
    April 23, 2016 3:10 AM EDT

Welcome, Ophelia. Nice to see someone who played Oblivion. I hope you´ll enjoy your stay here.

• 8 posts
    April 23, 2016 10:32 AM EDT

Hullo Ophelia. I'm fairly new here too. I've also played Oblivion but Skyrim is the best game I've ever played. And as much as I enjoy Fallout 4 I do prefer the raw combat of games like Skyrim.

Welcome to the Vault...

• 8 posts
    April 23, 2016 10:34 AM EDT

Thanks. Good to have you guys here too. CC is just getting bigger and better...

• 1 posts
    April 23, 2016 11:44 AM EDT
    Hello! I'm so excited to be a part of the vault. Skyrim is no doubt the best moddable game ever. I've played a little of fallout 4 but couldn't get into it
    • 140 posts
    April 23, 2016 12:15 PM EDT

Welcome to the site, Squidkingd!

• 33 posts
    April 23, 2016 4:49 PM EDT

Hello,

I started with skyrim about two years ago and fell in love with the series. I found this website a year ago when searching Dunmer law but only just got the guts to sign up :D. I really like your archives but I couldn't find anything on the morag tong... Could you guys add some info on them I think there band of assassins is really cool and is essential to the Dunmers history. So yeah awesome website hope it continues to prosper.

• 140 posts
    April 24, 2016 5:40 AM EDT

Welcome, Blu Fish!

Glad to see another Dunmer fan on the Site. As for your question, you should probably ask around the Lore group. They've been making quite a few Lore articles lately, so a Morag Tong article might not be far off.

• 33 posts
    April 25, 2016 5:01 PM EDT

Thanks for the suggestion I will see how it goes.

• 33 posts
    April 25, 2016 5:04 PM EDT

Welcome to the site Stu. Looking forward to the stuff you make :D

• 33 posts
    April 25, 2016 5:07 PM EDT

Welcome William that is really impressive how you have so many hours on Skyrim. I would love to read your story some, some ideas are in the Tamriel Tales group.

• 33 posts
    April 25, 2016 5:13 PM EDT

Hi guys I have a question how do I make my own content? Also could I do it on anything (Lore, Character Builds etc.) and were would it end up?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm new here and don't know how everything works :D

• 8 posts
    April 25, 2016 5:16 PM EDT

Hi Blu Fish. Yes, I'm currently doing a role play of my story. Check out the Caerwyn Moonshade series I'm currently writing. The beginning story is in 4 parts, I've published 3 so far as I like a good cliffhanger. Once the beginning is finished being posted I'll start to post more of her adventures, when the story really starts moving along

• 33 posts
    April 25, 2016 5:24 PM EDT

Do you have a link that I could click to get to your series

• 3 posts
    April 26, 2016 7:44 AM EDT

Hi Guys, I've followed this website for a while now popping in every now and then to see whats up. But I have decided to do my part in this community and begin posting to the forums.

I first became interested in TES way back when Morrowind was the game that was latest out. He played it on his PC and before you knew it I had bought it and began playing it on my PC at a very young age (We're talking 10-11 years old). I would play every now and then and enjoyed playing but didn't really put too much time into the game itself. But after the release of TES IV: OBLIVION I always loved the games and put a lot of time into them making specific characters to fit certain rolls and playing the games in so many different ways that I had a view of every aspect of the games.

I will be working on character builds to start off with so keep an eye out for them!

Thanks a lot guys!

• 140 posts
    April 26, 2016 9:24 AM EDT

Welcome to the site, Scout!

Before posting any Character Builds you might want to take a look at The Workshop, where you can post a WiP (Writing in Progress) Character Build and get some advice from fellow site members.

• 96 posts
    April 26, 2016 9:32 AM EDT
    Just saw this post and thought I could bring my pre-written message, regarding character building with links to all kinds of useful stuff ofc :).

First of all you have to read and understand the Character Building Group Rules. There is everything listed that you need in your build to post it (successfuly) into the building group.
    You should also read the Guide to Characterbuilding. Additionaly, you can take inspiration from other builds.
    I recommend putting the build into the workshop while you're working on it. To start a new discussion there go to the Workshop and scroll down until you see a button called "Add discussion".
    It is important that you title your work properly, like this:
    WiP Characterbuild: ???
    Your build must have a gameplay section, so people know how to play it, and a perkspread. Read through some of the builds, if you're having trouble.

You can create your perkspread here and put the link into your build (you can also ask in the Art Goup Services Request Tread for a perkspread with picture). If you need any help with gameplay, -mechanics or something else, you can ask in the Character Building Help Desk or in the Tipps & Tricks Group , respectively.
    • 140 posts
    April 26, 2016 9:44 AM EDT

Don't worry about asking so many questions, Blu Fish. We were all new here once upon a time.

Now, to your questions:

Somewhere towards the middle of a group's front page you should be able to see a list of other discussions. At the bottom-left of this list there'll be an option to "Add a Discussion" with a small "+" sign next to it. When you click on that, it'll take you to the "Add a Discussion" page.

From there simply type in what you want in the text box, and give the discussion a name. Just below all the text boxes there'll be an option to "Add Discussion" (Right next to "Preview"and Cancel)

Discussion posted in a particular group will only show up in that group. For example, if you post a discussion in the Lore group, it'll only ever show up in the Lore group.

Hope this helps!

• 8 posts
    April 26, 2016 11:09 AM EDT

http://tamrielvault.com/group/the-backstory-corner/forum/topics/caerwyn-moonshade-story-series

That should take you to my ToC (Table of Contents) where I'll be posting more chapters when I get time. I'll probably add some pics later on too as the story progresses...

• 4 posts
    April 26, 2016 5:52 PM EDT

Greetings, I am Grendel_Lives! I first discovered this site while looking for a way to recreate some of the classes from Oblivion in Skyrim. I not only found what I was looking for, but I also discovered my new favorite hobby: character building. This site showed me all the different ways you could craft a character in Skyrim, and it's now something I do in other TES games and even other RPGs, like Dragon Age and the Witcher. I originally visited this site as a lurker to look at builds, but recently I decided to interact with the community and maybe even create some of my own builds as well. Thanks for reading!

• 33 posts
    April 27, 2016 2:35 AM EDT

Welcome to the group Grendal. I would say how the site works but you seem to know more about it than me. Looking forward to see the builds you make :D