Forums » The Lounge

WELCOME New members please say 'Hello' here..

• 773 posts
    March 5, 2012 8:35 AM EST

We're still getting a steady stream of new members signing up to the site, in fact we are getting more members over the last few days than we've done for a few months.

Welcome to you all 

Here is a permanent thread for new members to dip their toe into the water and make their first post. This site is now huge - and getting bigger all the time.

It can be overwhelming for new people to know where to start 

Here is a safe place to get started. This thread will always be here, and always featured at the very top of the forum topics list. Think of it as a comfy sofa where you can take a seat, and take a look around the room 

So, new members please say 'hi' 

Edit: If you'd like some help learning your way around the site, check out the Skyrim Blog Buddy System!

• 312 posts
    February 29, 2016 3:59 PM EST

Hey, everyone! I've been a lurker on this site for a long time now, but I've only recently worked up the courage to create an account and submit my first (WiP) build.

• 140 posts
    February 29, 2016 4:02 PM EST

Welcome, Wu! Looking forward to seeing your Build!

• 1 posts
    February 29, 2016 9:06 PM EST

I will post what inspired me to join- an homage to Ulfric's speech at the beginning of the Stormcloak questline that I wanted to share with the world:

"I fight because the Stormcloak door was the closest at Helgen! I fight because my character looks better in blue than red! I fight because I thought you could marry Ralof at the end of the questline, and was convinced Balgruuf was a neutral Jarl who wouldn't be replaced and regretted it later! I fight..because it's really weird hearing NPC's say "By the Eight".

Comedy genius, I know. XD

• 3 posts
    March 1, 2016 7:43 AM EST

It also jars my ears to hear "By the eight" but I've only done one or two playthroughs as a stormcloak.  Might do another one if I do a Nord Cryomancer build.

And yeah werewolves are fun but I always tend to cure myself and Vilkas and Farkas. Aela seems happier as she is :)

• 1 posts
    March 3, 2016 8:53 AM EST

Hey Hey Everybody  

Looks like i'm the new guy around here. I've been playing the Elder Scrolls games for years and i absolutely love the games rich lore so most of my time will probably be in the lore tab. I'm also i giant fan of the fallout series and love making quirky character builds to fit in the crazy world that is the wasteland.

I hope to be taken into the community with loving arms and be able to stick around for a while. 

Nords' armor has lots of furs. This sometimes makes M'iaq nervous.M'iaq the liar

• 3 posts
    March 3, 2016 8:56 AM EST

Welcome!  (Yay, I'm not the newbie any more :) )

The character builds are great here. Looking forward to see your quirky builds.

• 312 posts
    March 3, 2016 9:08 AM EST

Hello there! Lookin' forward to see what your "quirky" builds end up being!

• 2 posts
    March 5, 2016 3:38 PM EST

Hello! I'm Santiago from Argentina, english is not my main language so it's hard for me to unfold my ideas and/or opinions but I can read and understand well enough and I will enjoy reading your ideas guys!

• 649 posts
    March 5, 2016 3:44 PM EST

Hey, Santiago. Welcome to the club of those whose first language isn´t English. I hope you´ll enjoy your stay. And don´t be afraid to speak up, people here are very nice and tolerant to us poor foreigners. 

• 700 posts
    March 5, 2016 3:45 PM EST

Welcome to the community, Santiago! I think your English is pretty good! If you'd ever like to contribute any content, please feel free to come to me for help. I can help tease out some your ideas and proofread if you'd like :)

• March 8, 2016 3:16 PM EST

Hey everyone! I'm Hannah, I picked up TES in the winter of 2010, Oblivion was my first game, it was fun, but it never really appealed enormously to me, I went online and searched for "Oblivion 2" in about 2012 after leaving the gaming scene for a while and finding my old copy of Oblivion on a shelf, I found Skyrim and decided to play that.

I was immediately intrigued by the vast and intricate world laid before me, to me it was a massive step up from Oblivion. My first character was a Khajiit female mage named "Alessia" (I now know who Alessia really is in TES lore, but obviously didn't at the time).

But yeah, I've finally stumbled on this page as Skyrim was starting to become dull and uninteresting to me, boy I hope that this place can keep the magic alive for me. 

• 87 posts
    March 8, 2016 3:21 PM EST

Welcome Hannah; then I hope we can keep the magic alive for ya 

• 694 posts
    March 8, 2016 3:24 PM EST

What are your interests? Roleplay? Lore? Playing through various builds or making your own characters? Gimme some ideas and we can point you to some works or content that may keep that magic alive for you. 

• March 8, 2016 3:31 PM EST

I already cycled through the groups, Roleplay, Lore and building all make up my interests. Thank you, you guys . 

• 312 posts
    March 8, 2016 3:53 PM EST
    Hey, there, and welcome to the Vault!
  • March 8, 2016 8:18 PM EST

Hi everyone decided to join the site after constantly coming to check out the character builds. I'm heavily into roleplay and character builds so I'll be attempting to make some and hopefully they turn out as cool as some of the ones I've seen here already! Cheers everyone!

• 312 posts
    March 8, 2016 8:22 PM EST

Yo! Hope you have a good time building! It's fun but hard work.

• 215 posts
    March 8, 2016 8:23 PM EST
    Welcome
    • 122 posts
    March 10, 2016 7:40 PM EST
    Hiya. I'm Merc. Currently playing both Fallout 4 and Skyrim. I'm enjoying both and figured it was time to say hello to folks and start getting involved.

In terms of Skyrim, I'm currently playing/roleplaying a Dragonborn based on what would happen if a lifelong thrall suddenly was given the opportunity to wake up, escape, and gain revenge for a lifetime of slavery. He's currently a furious young Vampire Lord, having been given the gift that once help him in servitude, living by day as a socially inept, scholarly sort of Dragonborn while hiding his nocturnal activities from Tamriel at large. Focus on Illusion, Destruction, and Sneak with caveats that he isn't able to use any enchantments or smithing.

My Fallout character is the seemingly common VATS-abusing Infiltrator build, designed around the concept of a soldier who was unwillingly implanted with a cybernetic interface. Believing it was deactivated after his discharge, the shock of the War, his wife's death, and his son's disappearance jolted his old military HUR back into operation, giving him a much-needed edge in the wastelands of the future he found himself in.

I tend to prefer sneaky builds, both since those can be squeezed into most gameplay types with a little work and because they usually give a different view of the imaginary worlds these games revolve around. They can also, thankfully, help cover for my skill deficit.

Anyway, nice to meet you all!
    • 312 posts
    March 10, 2016 7:48 PM EST

Yo. Glad to have you with us! :D

• 140 posts
    March 10, 2016 7:50 PM EST

Hello, Mercurias!

I must say, Stealth Characters are a favorite of mine, too. Be sure to check out the Character Build Archive if you're looking for new Character decisions. Also, feel free to send me a PM or leave a Comment on My Profile Page if ever you need help finding your way around the site.

• 1 posts
    March 12, 2016 6:31 PM EST
    Hello everybody
    • 140 posts
    March 13, 2016 12:46 PM EDT

Hello, welcome to the Site!

• 122 posts
    March 13, 2016 3:45 PM EDT
    Thanks! I appreciate it very much!