Forums » The Lounge

Contributions

• 131 posts
    May 31, 2015 4:48 PM EDT
    Hi, Leon here.

For a long while now, i've been kinda feeling like i was simply, not contributing anything to this site, while i really do want to create something atleast. It's really hard trying to climb the steep hill.

Some may understand me but, i really don't like not contributing to such a large and well, beautiful community. I try and try yet i fail, with school and all i don't have the time but what little i have made kinda just, becomes forgotten.

I'm not saying the stakes are too high, but they certainly make themselves hard to climb. I simply wish to help this community grow and know that i atleast had some small role in that change.

Heh.. I'm definetely no writer, and no where close to being good at character building. But well after a long while i'm almost at the point of giving up. But i don't to leave, never.

Well it seems i'll just have try until i do it.

I know a lot of newer member of the blog may feel the same i do wish that you comment because sharing you feelings makes it so much easier.

As important as this was for me to say.. Truth is, i already given up. It's not about trying, it's about the will.. A will that i lack, it doesn't matter if i try for another 2 years, i don't have it in me..
    • 131 posts
    May 31, 2015 4:55 PM EDT
    Been going through a rough time, and i kinda follow this set of words. If you can help others you can help yourself.
    • 201 posts
    May 31, 2015 5:02 PM EDT
    Leon I completely understand. I don't feel like I have contributed either. I am also going through rough times, but I use TSB as an escape from the madness. Sure I may not be a good builder, a lore master or more recently, a live role player. But I try to do what I can. I have answered a couple of discussions, posted a couple, and have given a couple people reccomendations. I haven't done much since I became a member. What I've learned from fellow bloggers, is that EVERYONE on TSB has a purpose. Just keep your head up and you'll do fine. Lord knows I need to keep my head up too. School and sports kick m butt.
    • 131 posts
    May 31, 2015 5:09 PM EDT
    Yeah.. Gods know how much time it might take.
    • 131 posts
    May 31, 2015 5:10 PM EDT
    My first comment was, By Azurah.. Back before people began to be banned.
    • 201 posts
    May 31, 2015 5:16 PM EDT
    It's all good! Every member of TSB joined because they knew that they belonged. Plus, we have SO MANY GROUPS! I just haven't found out my spot. Y'know, my dad thought he was going to be an architect for the first twenty years of his life, then went to college, and it just wasn't for him. So he decided to work on printers and copiers for about ten years, then worked at John Deere for about five, and now, he is 41, he has finally found out what he is good with. He is good At Metal working. Fencing, designing, Yard work. He never thought he would be doing it. I thought I had so many ideas for the CB group, but I got stumped when I failed the first two times. CB isn't for me. I still have a little ways to go before I find where I'm supposed to be.
    • 1217 posts
    May 31, 2015 5:23 PM EDT
    Simply providing feedback and being a friendly community member are fantastic ways of helping the community grow. We don't want people to feel like there's pressure, or an expectation to write stories/articles, of make builds. There are myriad ways to contribute. You do just fine, Leon.
    • 485 posts
    May 31, 2015 5:30 PM EDT

You don't have to create mind blowing content to be considered a noteworthy contributor. If all you did was comment on other people's content that would still be considered a valuable contribution.

• 131 posts
    May 31, 2015 5:35 PM EDT
    Well, it's just that really do want to make something, i'm an artist at heart.
    • 773 posts
    May 31, 2015 5:37 PM EDT
    Leon, I agree with Borom and CND. You're doing just fine here, and you shouldn't feel under some sort of pressure to create something.

If you want to be artistic, then check out the Art Group. There are some great tutorials, and you'll find the hosts very helpful and supportive.
    • 131 posts
    May 31, 2015 5:41 PM EDT
    Well there isn't any pressure involved, just.. Well simply put, i wanna make something that people like. Knowing that it atleast made someones day just a bit better.
    • 367 posts
    May 31, 2015 5:56 PM EDT

The simple truth is that you're here... That in itself is enough. You say you're an artist at heart, so draw something to do with Skyrim. Don't worry if it's not as good as other peoples work. I was nervous when I first posted my spirit wolves on the site.

I feel you're putting too much pressure on yourself. So tell me this, why do you feel the need to add to the blog?

I had to laugh then you said that you posted something before people started getting banned. It sounded almost like the Skyrim Blog purge. 'Don't post anything in August they'll ban you... Wait until September when it's safe...'

I can't help but wonder if that's what's holding you back. it's almost like your asking permission to post something. If there’s something you want to add then add it. If it's wrong for whatever reason the Admins will let you know and give you the chance to fix it. 

Borom, Curse, Tae, Paul, Emer and all the other admins, hosts ect don't sit at their computers with a big button marked 'BAN!!!'

If you want to contribute then just do it. All they ask is you obey the rules for the specific group.

And once again another of my short straight to the point answers.

• 743 posts
    May 31, 2015 6:05 PM EDT

Leon, like Borom and Curse suggested, you don't have to be a Mason in the CB group to be considered a noteworthy contributor. Even a comment is greatly appreciated. Heck, this discussion is a good contribution because you're having others comment on it. Don't stress yourself out, man. You're doing great.

• 131 posts
    May 31, 2015 6:05 PM EDT
    Heck, my bad build was forgotten, it survived the purge due to it being forgotten so quickly heh.
    • 201 posts
    May 31, 2015 6:48 PM EDT
    Speaking of contributions, why can't I post a discussion?
    • 1467 posts
    May 31, 2015 6:52 PM EDT

Is it a specific group or just in general?

• 131 posts
    May 31, 2015 6:53 PM EDT
    Hmm..
    • 201 posts
    May 31, 2015 6:54 PM EDT
    General chat.
    • 1467 posts
    May 31, 2015 7:06 PM EDT

Ah. When you're posting a discussion in the Forums you can pick which category of the Forums to post it in. Between the tags section and the category section. 

• 201 posts
    May 31, 2015 7:10 PM EDT
    Ya, I know, I just can't post. it says " We are currently having errors with this page " and then it sends me back to the home page. I posted a picture of what it looks like exacly.
    • 133 posts
    May 31, 2015 7:16 PM EDT
    Dude I know exactly hao you feel. I've been on the blog for a few months now, I not post amazing blogs or mind blowing builds or stunning art like some of the other members. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I don't have the resources, time or the specific talent to draw or write as well as other members.

I'll be honest this does make me a little sad. But I like to think that me offering a little praise here and there can at least help make somebody's day and help them feel a proud of there work. It may not be something that'll be remembered always but it's SOMETHING.

My name says it all, I add comments. It helps me feel valuable, I do not consider this to be completely irrelevant and you shouldn't either. I still think I'm contributing in a small way, but it all adds up.

Don't feel down friend, nobody here is elitist or anything, this discussion and its replies prove it.
    • 201 posts
    May 31, 2015 7:37 PM EDT
    Actually I can't post any discussion in any Category.
  • May 31, 2015 7:38 PM EDT

I know exactly how you feel mate. I have only owned skyrim for a few months. We can't all be gods of the CB group like Mason and Ponty not to mention a few others, however I have had so much enjoyment using other peoples work, I feel as if I should put something back, and and suspect you feel the same way as me, your comment mentions you being an artist at heart!! well buddy draw something "Skyrim" I am sure it will be great. Good luck mate

• 1467 posts
    May 31, 2015 7:43 PM EDT

I think it might be a problem because you're on mobile but I'm not sure

• 201 posts
    May 31, 2015 7:47 PM EDT
    I've always done everything on mobile :P