Forums » Elder Scrolls

How does your character fight??

• 24 posts
    May 30, 2015 2:08 PM EDT
    With all the enemies and creatures in Skyrim, eventually everyone has to enter combat. So, how dp you fight
    • 490 posts
    May 30, 2015 2:10 PM EDT

• 201 posts
    May 30, 2015 2:11 PM EDT
    With daggers. Ranged I use a bow. This is just what I preferably do. It's easiest. Now if you're talking how I LIKE to fight, oh well let's see here, I love using The glitched Vampire lord blood drain AOE, and Equilibrium, if you are powerful enough, you won't need anything else.
    • 131 posts
    May 30, 2015 2:16 PM EDT

Depends, with my current character, i use a bow to firstly take out the weaker ones (master gameplay after not playing pretty much for half a year now) then i try stab em' in the back. And if that doesn't work i hit them with my sword while spraying them with mah flames of dooooom!!

• 131 posts
    May 30, 2015 2:17 PM EDT

(Currently level 10)

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 30, 2015 2:18 PM EDT

I don't instigate most fights.

If I can avoid a fight, I will. If I can strike hard and fast against an enemy I can't avoid, I will. If I can't, I'll wait for my companion or thrall to charge in or summon an atronach/dremora to rush forward and engage the enemy.

If I want to be stealthy (or I'm bored), I'll throw a fury into a group and hide. Then strike hard and fast on the survivor. If I want to avoid the fight all together, I cast invisibility and muffle. Paralyze down a mountain or hill is fun.

Sometimes I'll even use a sword if I want some kill-cams and a raw, visceral feel to my combat.

• 133 posts
    May 30, 2015 2:18 PM EDT
    I use a bow, with loads of slick roles and deadly poisens. My enemy is dead before they reach me.
    • 1 posts
    May 30, 2015 2:35 PM EDT

• 394 posts
    May 30, 2015 10:58 PM EDT

Enthusiastically ;)

• 367 posts
    May 30, 2015 11:09 PM EDT

I fight in my werewolf form... Need I say any more?

• 35 posts
    May 31, 2015 8:04 AM EDT

With style. 

• 485 posts
    May 31, 2015 8:43 AM EDT

Like a boss of course. 

• 16 posts
    May 31, 2015 9:45 AM EDT

'My Thane, we're completely surrounded!'
    'Magnificent, Lydia. Now we can attack in any direction.'

• 95 posts
    May 31, 2015 2:40 PM EDT

My Volkihar Titan has a variety of defensive "Stances" which allows me to last and achieve maximum defensive capabilities to a point of pure power. But this is my absolute favourite as of late:

(Dual-Casted Ebony Flesh + Stablity) + (Greater Ward + Greater Ward + Ward Absorb + Ahzidal's Gauntlets of Warding) + Necromage.

Dual-Cast Ebony Flesh, then Cast Greater Ward in both hands (No Dual-casting) and finally, move backwards continuesly, let go of your right trigger (Which is casting one ward), then finally, sheathe your hands but keep your left trigger down. This holds up both wards and does jot drain your magicka metre, but your metre does not regenerate, since your focusing still on the Ward... This allows me to create three physical AR boosts and two wards that Absorb Magicka. I only use this combo after all others wear out.

But, if I ever feel like going offensive, I just take out the Rusty Mace, Dual-cast Lightning Cloak, Ebony Flesh, Shield of Ysgramor and Elemental Fury. Trust me, it's insane XD

But, if I feel like being a maniac (And I am one XD) I take J'zargo's Flam Cloak and throw that up before using Mist Form in human form against everyone, even undead XD The explosions are so worth it XD

• 168 posts
    May 31, 2015 4:25 PM EDT

My Thalmor Slayer Khajiit Shigeru uses a combo called "Psycho Meat Grinder" (dual blades + Dragon Aspect + Elemental Fury + Secret of Strength).

His twin sister Shinderu uses a combo called "IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZER" (Secret of Arcana + Lightning Storm).

• 201 posts
    May 31, 2015 4:47 PM EDT
    Pshyco meat grinder sounds interesting, IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZER :D
    • 95 posts
    May 31, 2015 10:24 PM EDT

Try this: Dual Axes (With relevant bleeding damage perks 3/3) + a couple Ravage Health Poisons + Concentrated Poison perk + Elemental Fury + Dual Flurry + Dual Savagery + Deathbrand (Full Set).

But, then again, all I need is Quiet Casting perk, Marked for Death, Assassin's Blade, Silent Roll,  and Critical Charge. Roll then hold the attack button after using Marked for Death. If you are in range, should be an almost instant kill.

But if you feel REAL lazy, do that with Mehrunes Razor XD

• 168 posts
    June 1, 2015 10:27 AM EDT

I loved it!! Thanks for the tips

• 694 posts
    June 1, 2015 1:11 PM EDT

This is a great question. Depends! But I like bows and, when I use them, I like to snipe from a distance (love me an absorb stamina enchanted bow). Then if that doesn't always do it, I'll let them come at me and go hand-to-hand. I like to keep my shout on Become Ethereal as a default for a last line of defense. I like to draw on select parts of all schools for various things.

• 130 posts
    June 1, 2015 1:21 PM EDT
    I fight dressed to impress and with a great deal of style.
    • 40 posts
    June 1, 2015 1:25 PM EDT

you made my day 

• 40 posts
    June 1, 2015 1:29 PM EDT

Which character? I've made many so I can enjoy different styles: stealth archery, stealth mele, sword & shield, dual wield, destruction magic, illusion + conjuration, poison...

I think the only styles I have left to try are: 2-handed, mage armor + destruction (I've done destruction with both light and heavy armor), healer + follower

• 64 posts
    June 1, 2015 2:45 PM EDT
    Three words; like a bitch. No, really. If my health is anywhere under 70%, I run and heal.
    • 1467 posts
    June 1, 2015 7:48 PM EDT

That's all I need to say.

• 627 posts
    June 1, 2015 8:01 PM EDT

This is how my last couple of characters have done it