Forums » Elder Scrolls

Krosis moment : Which was yours?

• 32 posts
    May 28, 2015 5:31 PM EDT

Skyrim offers among many epic, satisfying moments it's fair share of sadness too.

Heartbreaking quests. People you get acquainted with, killed. Follower's deaths. Random dead bodies on the roads. There are moments when you drop everything else and just stand for a second. For me that was when I saw the DB burned down, or when I stumbled upon the Dead Lovers Camp in Markarth.   

Which was that moment for you? 

• 203 posts
    May 28, 2015 9:08 PM EDT

Definitively the moment I stood over the emperors corpse, there was something strangely glorious in the way he coped with it. It actually made me rethink the whole civil war thing. I turned in the jagged crown to the imperials shortly afterwards (completely random, didn't knew I could beforehand), and changed camp.

That and I got back at the Motierre Family for my misadventures in Oblivion. But that's another story.

Also the moment I walked into the frostflow lighthouse, I walked in, had one look and had to fight my desire to leave ever since, as a somewhat morbid curiosity took over, I had to know what had happened: where all the blood came from.

• 8 posts
    May 28, 2015 9:59 PM EDT
    One of my play throughs had almost every nonessential NPC dead in the streets in Solitude. I found a lot of dead vampires too. Made the town a sad place to be.
    • 1217 posts
    May 28, 2015 11:08 PM EDT

For me, it was when Alazir assaulted Solitude at noon. He darkened the sun from outside the walls, and as he walked through the city, every NPC made a different comment. They were keeping it together in the Blue Palace, but then he assumed the mantle of the Vampire Lord...

• 41 posts
    May 28, 2015 11:30 PM EDT
    Man, the Emperor's last moments. I had read about what happens, and knew beforehand, but it still wasn't what I expected. His... conviction, I guess, was overwhelming. Made me feel guilty despite everything.

My Two-Handed assassin (my only assassin, actually) never went back to the DB after that; he was never a psycho killer, just an asshole, so it affected him greatly. I retired the character soon after, leaving him at home.

I still wish I had reloaded the save from before; I would've had my character turn his back on the DB and instead serve the Emperor. But it's too late. Maybe this was better, though, since the character was much more memorable afterwards.
    • 32 posts
    May 29, 2015 3:48 AM EDT

Felt the same thing, but I had already completed the Stormcloaks questline. But still, returned and killed Motierre. Went into exile. Away from this chaos. 

And to this day, I have not done the Frostflow quest. Just reading about it gave me the chills & I was like "Never happening!". 

• 32 posts
    May 29, 2015 4:17 AM EDT

Then, after killing everyone, he floated over towards Sybille Stentor, took her in his arms & they made love through the night!!

Sorry couldn't resist.

• 203 posts
    May 29, 2015 8:54 AM EDT

My character won the war for the imperials, then ascended into Sovngarde to kill Alduin. It felt like redemption.

And yes, the characters you leave behind for a specific reason (which is not crashes/savegameb bloating/corruption or restartritis) always feel more memorable.

• 203 posts
    May 29, 2015 8:56 AM EDT

I had that same reflex with the little story surrounding the falmer cave near dragonbridge. As soon as I saw falmer arrows near the ambush site on that road I ran in the opposite direction, the idea of Falmer skulking around above ground was not something I was comfortable with.

• 203 posts
    May 29, 2015 9:01 AM EDT

When I first loaded the Dragonborn DLC for my main character I happened upon the biggest clusterfuck in history: at the same moment a dragon swoop down into the town, a vampire assault group charged the front gates, a group of Miraak fanatics attacked me and everyone around, a stormcloak agent appeared (this was a bug in my game where a stormcloak guard would spawn in after I won the civil war for the imperials) and of course amidst the chaos there was that annoying generic thief that spawned as well.

I suppose I don't have to explain what my town looked like at the end of the day...

• 130 posts
    May 29, 2015 9:10 AM EDT
    The only thing in Skyrim that affected me at all really was murdering the Emperor. His final speech made me not want to kill him, but it was too late. I was already a slave to the Brotherhood. I paid my respects by killing Motierre.
    • 32 posts
    May 29, 2015 10:40 AM EDT

Jeez, would not want that to happen to me! The worst I got was with Dawnguard. I arrived in Whiterun, Adrianne was heading towards the Bannered Mare when I saw a hooded mage walking with her. I thought that idiot from Dragonsreach? I sneaked up behind him - it said "Traveller". Apparently he can summon Gargoyles & also spawn 3 vamipres behind me...!

• 64 posts
    May 29, 2015 11:05 AM EDT

Funnily enough, I had one time where I thought the court wizard was a vampire, and killed him before reading the name. Gods, that was stupid...

• 64 posts
    May 29, 2015 11:07 AM EDT

A dragon, a vampire kill team, Miraak cultists, and a Stormcloak? It's almost as if all the questline antagonists were trying to kill you out of revenge...

• 145 posts
    May 29, 2015 11:45 AM EDT

I got really sad when a dragon attack accompanied by a vampire attack killed almost all of Riverwood. The Riverwood Trader merchant (Lucan), and his sister Camilla, Sven, Alvor, Alvor's wife, Embry, and more. I think Faendal was the only one left alive. I was wandering around the dead town and a courier came up to me and gave me a letter containing some gold left to me by Lucan Valerius in his will. I had to just stop for a moment.

• 23 posts
    May 29, 2015 12:21 PM EDT
    Man I've found frostflow lighthouse totally by accident and went in same urge as you wanted to go out !! It Was the middle of the night, my headphones on totally creepy and definitely memorable!!
    • 8 posts
    May 29, 2015 1:25 PM EDT

That is rather sad, but it sounds like it would be a fun fight if all those innocent citizens weren't dead. 

• 32 posts
    May 29, 2015 1:41 PM EDT

. I tried to kill Sybille Stentor, turns out she's immortal.  

• 32 posts
    May 29, 2015 1:59 PM EDT

I'll never forget the Mass Effect experience. But I'm a sucker for medieval lore. Was not particularly engaged in the main story, but the characters become endearing to me. I'll never forget the day I found Old Hroldan Inn. When the Ghost mistook me for Talos, that's when I really felt the Dragonborn legacy. Sorry rambling again...!

• 61 posts
    May 29, 2015 2:03 PM EDT

Possibly getting Lydia killed the first time. I took a potshot with the Wabbajack at some trolls and she ran straight into the bolt. Instant sweetroll. A tragically comical end for a miserable character. You never expect it, but you miss her mundane, complaintative dialogue when she's gone. 

• 61 posts
    May 29, 2015 2:04 PM EDT

Have you played Dishonoured? Parts of that got me really sad

• 203 posts
    May 29, 2015 2:05 PM EDT

Don't forget the random thief... There is definitively some conspiracy going on against my particular incarnation of Lorkhan

• 32 posts
    May 29, 2015 2:13 PM EDT

Man, I gotta play that game. Totally forgot that I had it installed. Thanks for reminding!

• 1217 posts
    May 29, 2015 3:11 PM EDT

Lol. I can't hold it against you. XD

• Tim
    • 92 posts
    May 29, 2015 6:29 PM EDT

Ah yes, Frostflow Lighthouse. My first playthrough, I walked in the door, looked around, heard weird noises and said "No!" lol. And then I walked out.