Forums » Elder Scrolls

Most Memorable Dragon Fights

• 3 posts
    May 26, 2015 7:55 AM EDT

Hey guys, since this week is dragon week, I decided to make a discussion that I thought could be some fun.  Basically just post some of your most memorable dragon fights and give us all the details.  

Also, I wanted to start a competition, what is the most amount of dragons you have ever fought at one time, and what happened?  

I'll start of the discussion with my own most memorable dragon fight.  This one is all my fault and it was kind of retarded of me that I forgot such a simple task.  Let's start, so if you guys don't know this little glitch its called the Graybeards sneaking glitch.  It basically lets you quickly level up your sneak skill by crouching behind one of the Graybeards and continually backstabbing them,  one thing about this is that you want to put your difficulty to master or legendary so you don't accidentally kill them.  (Btw, I usually use Adept for this certain character)  So I had just finished the glitch and raised my sneak skill by about twenty points, not too much though, because I still want some challenge in the game.  And I had just fast traveled to Sky Haven Temple for Esbern and him telling me to go to the College of Winterhold for the main questline, and right as I stepped outside of Sky Haven Temple, the little cliff area, A dragon appeared.  Now, this was just your average blood dragon, pretty easy bait, until it one-shotted me with it's firebreath.  Now this is where things get funny, for the next twenty-ish minutes, I keep on reloading the save and trying to beat that dragon.  It keeps destroying me over and over, until I realize I was on Legendary difficulty and got really mad at myself for something so trivial and stupid of me.  

Well, that was my story, please share in the comments.

• 207 posts
    May 26, 2015 12:34 PM EDT

Well a bad memory was a fight at the college. His was nearly dead, then he killcamed me trough a pillar.

The fight against the two dragons in the forgotten vale is generally just awesome.

I once hunted a dragon up a mountain. that was tedious.

• 411 posts
    May 26, 2015 1:47 PM EDT
    Probably the first one I did in dawnstar cause I went werewolf and killed everyone it was amazing. He was a kitty!
    • 485 posts
    May 26, 2015 2:29 PM EDT
    The twin dragons you fight on the forgotten vale's frozen lake is the most fun I've had fighting dragons.
    • 203 posts
    May 26, 2015 2:56 PM EDT

Personnally I find the twin dragons' fight in the forgotten vale to be the most epic of them all.

However if I were to say which of my personal fights I enjoyed the most it would be that one time where I had to fight three dragons at once in Falkreath, needless to say that when I finally got rid of them there was nothing left of the town...

At first I thought there was just one dragon, so when I heard the roar and the guard's uproar I took my blade and shield and stormed the bloody beast. Too bad it was an ancient one, and that I didn't have any resist fire potions left, I died. As soon as I recharged the game at an autosave just outside the local trader (seconds before the initial fight), a blood dragon lands in front of the door and started cryofreezing the plebians. Nice, I say to myself, thinking that a blood dragon had spawned instead of the ancient one, I can do this, I thought... I came out of my shelter beneath the store's roof and attacked the blood dragon when suddenly I was engulved in dragonfire. I turned around to see that there was an ancient dragon roosting on my former shelter. Needless to say I died, again, but not before seeing the silhouette of another dragon in the distance. I reload the save and take a run for it, no way I'm surviving three dragons I thought to myself. I managed to get to safety near the old Watch tower north-west of town (the one with that pesky little necromancer). However torn apart by my duties as a dragonborn (and being a lawful hero kind of guy) and my survival instincts I finally caved in and went back to town. And many reloads later, there were three dragon corpses scattered around the town. Best feeling ever.

However what made this fight most memorable is the fact that when I came back after my "tactical retreat", I had a great view over the pit the city is built in. In other words: I had a great view of the massacre perpetrated by the dragons. Most memorably sight ever, three dragons repeatedly swooping down on the town, roosting on roofs and landing in alleys, and all this time they rained hell upon their foes: fire and ice. It was a moment of fear and utter idolation, I understood the dragon priests of old, as this was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen (within vanilla skyrim engine limitations).

• 8 posts
    May 26, 2015 3:29 PM EDT
    A mountain top one I shot the dragon out of the sky and he sort of crashed right in front of me. Awesome.

Ooo also my first time at Karthspire, I was fighting forsworn and a Dragon came in and there was magic and fire everywhere. I was getting destroyed. As I was starting to leave the scene, I saw the dragon take some serious hits. Delphine and Esbern came running up and saved me. It was great quest to meet there, but I took my own way to get there and forgot about them.
    • 64 posts
    May 26, 2015 6:58 PM EDT

The first time I slew Alduin actually. He didn't last very long, especially not with the Staff of Magnus. Or the first time I actually fought a dragon (at the western watchtower) I think the game has a higher chance of giving you the final killcam or something, because when I landed the killing blow, it actually cut to a scene of me going crazy on a dragon's head.

There was that one (actually 3) times I fought a double dragon assassination attempt. I summoned Odahviing and we basically killed the two dragons (1 ancient and 1 blood) together, 2 dragons vs. 2 dragons (technically you're Dragonborn, which is almost the same thing).

• Tim
    • 92 posts
    May 26, 2015 8:13 PM EDT
    I fought two Legendary dragons on Legemdary difficulty on top of the mountain near Winterhold. I also used no potions, but probably had maxed physical and almost maxed magic defenses. Suprisingly, it only lasted maybe a minute (I was a dual wielder). I felt really badass after though!
    • 295 posts
    May 26, 2015 10:03 PM EDT

Encountering a legendary dragon at level 34 with the Requiem overhaul installed. I was playing Albee (the character in my story blog here) and he was a lycanthrope at the time so I was rp'ing him to not use ANY restoration stuff, only potions. His armor was also just regular tempered unenchanted wolf armor and he was using an Elven bow with elemental glass arrows. My only follower was a husky and lol, he spent most of the time one-kneed. It used all three words of Drain Vitality and some sort of fire thing that was bad. Very bad.  And I was like OMGERD! Deleveled world is awesome! And then I was like OMGERD! Deleveled world is scary!

• 394 posts
    June 1, 2015 6:51 AM EDT

Probably my first one. It was my 1st character, my MQer & namesake Idesto. He was low-level & with Lydia. The attack was sudden & we struggled, I jumped up onto the hillside & kept blasting away with Flames, quaffing health & magicka potions a lot,while Lydia acted as a decoy. It took a while!

The battle against Alduin with Paarthurnax was also great. I've only got as far as Skuldafn so it looks like there's more to come!

• 3 posts
    June 1, 2015 7:17 AM EDT

The most memorable dragon-slaying moment was when I was travelling with my trusty companion, Lydia. After just witnessing the death of Alduin I travelled to Riverwood to get some fresh air. However a Legendary Dragon suddenly attacked. I fought the dragon for at least half an hour until he finally went down near Bleak Falls Barrow. When I checked at what remained of the town all I found was Dorthe, alone and scared. I adopted the poor child at that moment and haven't regrated the decision to this day. The dragon gave me my first child.