Forums » Elder Scrolls

Fav. Races/Subraces in Skyrim and why?

• November 7, 2015 7:35 PM EST

Disclaimer: I have zero regard for the rules of this post and will answer only with lore in mind.

Breton and Redguards.

Reachmen, because they are a blend of about everything and are therefore better... and hedge-magic. Ladies love hedge-magic.

• 95 posts
    November 8, 2015 12:51 PM EST

Racial powers reset after taking on Dracopyre Form? Does the same apply to Dragon Aspect?

• 275 posts
    November 8, 2015 1:28 PM EST
    I don't know about that but I'd do know whenever you transform into a werewolf or vampire lord your racial powers reset because the game treats it as a change in race but since dragon aspect can be used by all races I would guess not.
    • 6 posts
    November 8, 2015 9:24 PM EST

My favorite used to be Bretons as well, but after playing Henson's Sun Priest and learning more about their lore, Redguards have become my favorite. Helps that I like warriors over mages and thieves. 

As for subrace, I haven't really done a Vampire build (I plan to do one soon based off of Doc PGB's Knight of Traitorous Arms). I prefer mortal to Werewolf though since I usually buff up my characters to become living gods, so Beast Form isn't really useful to me

• 393 posts
    November 9, 2015 4:43 AM EST

Altmer, because they are superior in every aspect) Lol)) Actually, I like them because of their culture and history and because they are the most magical. If I'd live on Nirn I'd definitely be an Altmer)

Also I like Dunmer, they are kinda Altmer on the dark side)

And Khajiit because they are cute and I love the way they talk)