Forums » Elder Scrolls

Elder Scrolls VI-Wishes

• 207 posts
    May 12, 2015 12:32 PM EDT

Well i guess there were already many discussions of this kind and i could easily search for an old one, but because i don't want to be accused of necromancy so i make a new.

What are you wishes for the next ES? (And I don't mean things like that it gets released after Fallout 4)

My Wishes:

Better AI

An unarmed skill tree and an acrobatics skill tree (and this would probably cause the mysticism skill to return; the increase of skills would probably cause the perk trees to loose a few perks)

Im tempted to say to get birthsigns again instead of standing stones

Cloaks maybe

More climatic ends for guild questlines

A toggleable hardcore mode like in Fallout

More interesting quests for some of the daedric princes...(well the only one i can think of at the moment they screwed up was mephala. namiras quest had more deceit)

Better Spells for Destruction and Alteration; Destruction scaled badly and Alteration was bleak: A few Armor spells, two light spells (wouldn't it be cool if you could concentrate light and get a spell in the manner of a flash-bang) and a couple of gimmicky, magicka-expensive spells.

Maybe a little less passive perk trees

Better starting skill boosts for Argonians

Generally make the skill boosts more useful. I think one way to make this would be to just give the skill boosts to the races but instead of allowing you to leap over the levels 15-20/25 they should allow you to leap over levels 90/95-100. So you get your level boosts like in skyrim at the beginning but to go from level 25 to 26 needs as much exp as for a race without the boost to reach level 16. This Way every race could become a master, but some races would have it easier.

Scroll crafting via enchanting

Speech tree more useful

No guild-locked Lycanthropy

Do you agree or disagree with me?

On a side note: Where do you want it to take place? I don't care, as long as it isn't black marsh.

• 201 posts
    May 12, 2015 12:44 PM EDT
    I agree with everything you said, especially the cloaks, I love those hood capes
    Better graphics
    We can hear our player talk (Mot really big in my book but it would be cool)
    More Atronachs
    Race styled Armors
    Race styled Weapons
    Make the races more distinctive, and make the Character creation More immersive, make us put time into creating a character
    Make the Magic skills better, Put more spells in there, Alteration needs the lock picking spells again, I love them.

Better landscape
    I would like the game to be in Elesweyr, #KhajiitMasterrace
    • 207 posts
    May 12, 2015 12:50 PM EDT

What are you thinking when talking about making race more distinctive

I really don't want the attributes back... They make some race/gender combination completly weak for a specific class. I think every race should be capable of learning everything.

• 201 posts
    May 12, 2015 1:24 PM EDT
    The Human races, basically. Just make them realistic.
    • 168 posts
    May 12, 2015 3:20 PM EDT

Hopefully The Elder Scrolls 6 won't be a god awful MMO garbage that ruins the whole world lore like ESO did. A single player Elder Scrolls 6 with the proper world lore, story and world is a real Elder Scrolls, not half assed MMO that didn't even follow the real world lore. Besides, a MMO Elder Scrolls 6 won't work. Why? Because it would be nearly impossible to be immersed in a world where you’re supposed to be “the chosen one” only to have 50 other chosen ones hopping around all around you with names like “Mr. Nice Guy″ jumping around in circles shouting crap. Same thing goes for co-op.

Another thing would be more attractive Argonians and Khajiits because the Argonians from ESO are nothing but humans with scratched bodies to simulate scales and wearing lizard masks and the Khajiits are nothing but humans without fur and wearing cat masks.

Another feature could be the end of fast travel (because you don't fast travel to go to work or school. Are you in a hurry? Buy a horse or hire a carriage. The carriage drivers have a family to feed), the environment affects your status (for example swimming in cold water decreases your health) and the player must be forced to eat and sleep or else his status would be affected too.

As for skill tree a good one would be Martial Arts, perfect for Goutfang, Whispering Claw and Rawlith Khaj lovers.

And I don't care about the location, as long as I can play with attractive Argonians and Khajiits and WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.

• 411 posts
    May 12, 2015 3:56 PM EDT
    Better Skooma all it needs is better skooma
    • 207 posts
    May 12, 2015 4:21 PM EDT

I was talking about a normal es. I think the complete third paragraph could be included in a toggleable Hardcore mode like fallout had. It would help with the immersion and if you don't want it you dont have to.

I personally have mixed feelings about a limited coop. I don't need it, but i think it would be cool if you could adventure trough a massive landscape with 1-3 friends. But I don't think it would happen because i imagine it would be a lot of work to adapt things like joining guilds or special quests for more than one player.

• 207 posts
    May 12, 2015 4:22 PM EDT

Never tried skooma so I can't talk about it.

• 411 posts
    May 12, 2015 4:27 PM EDT
    Skoooommmaaaaa
    • 207 posts
    May 12, 2015 5:01 PM EDT

Khajooooot. Khajoooot everywhere.

• 64 posts
    May 12, 2015 9:04 PM EDT

TES VI Wish List:

1. No game breaking bugs (sorry, but this is really something I really hate)

2. Game details that are based on logic instead of statistics (Giants have Greater level souls, but Mammoths have Grand level souls. Draugr have different souls despite all of them being former humans)

3. More distinctions between weapon/Destruction spell element types (and penalties for not using your specialty)

4. More realistic combat (with better AI) with actual signs that the you or the enemy is actually in pain and penalties for getting hurt

5. Unarmed/Acrobatics (but not Mysticism because I feel as though some spells do fine in their respective schools now)

6. Way better side questlines (The Companions was severely lacking)

7. Less Gary Stu-ish characters (Maybe I don't want to be the hero in the grand story)

8. Revamped vampirism (DO NOT MAKE A JOKE ABOUT THAT) and lycanthropy

9. Perks that don't really have downsides. Like how Purity in Alchemy lowered the potential cost of potions because it removed positive or negative effects from your potions. Instead, make it so potions with negative effects are worth less

10. More realistic Sneak skill (Oh, for the love of Talos, Sneak is ridiculous)

11. More immersive Speech (Like making your outfit ACTUALLY MATTER. Like joining the Stormcloaks as an Altmer dressed in Thalmor robes will lower disposition or something like that)

12. More control over kill-cams (Maybe I dislike chopping people's heads off)

13. Spells with no damage cap (It does not make sense to have a master pyromancer do the same amount of damage as a novice student)

14. Waay harder puzzles

15. Traps that actually do something to try and stop you

16. More voice actors (Hearing members of the beast races speak to each other is... strange)

17. More useful racial powers and bonuses

18. Penalties for certain perk combinations (But not on their own. See #9). So using something that empowers your Turn Undead-type spells will penalize your ability to use Necromancy

19. More reasons to lose your mortality and become a lycanthrope/vampire (better abilities and weaknesses)

20. More transfomations (Maybe even depending on your race. Like a Khajiit can't become a werewolf. Or an Argonian become a werebear) that actually do things to your human form.

21. Morality system. This includes multiple outcomes of questlines depending on your allegiances. Like the world is saved if you are a morally good person but utterly screwed if you're a completely unlikable one-sided villain

22. PANTS

23. More cooking options that do something

and finally, I want the new locale of TES VI to be the Summerset Isles solely because Altmer are my favorite race because they were the most advanced and basically invented modern culture. Plus, Thalmor resistance.

• 207 posts
    May 13, 2015 1:42 AM EDT

5. I just mentionend it because it would make sense, that if you add one skill tree to each the thief and the warrior skills, you also add one to magic.

20. Why shouldn't Khajiit or Argonians be able to become certain types of lycanthropes. As I understand es lore there is nothing that would keep it from happen.

I think its funny how many people want things in ES that Fallout has.

• 65 posts
    May 13, 2015 9:54 AM EDT

I agree with everything you said except you left one thing out……..AKAVIR!!!!!!!!!

• 95 posts
    May 13, 2015 11:15 AM EDT

Better bonuses for the human forms of Werewolves and Vampires.

In Skyrim, the human form of Werewolf gets NOTHING!!!

Vampirism can have bonuses, but some of the times, you can only achieve certain bonuses through exploits.

• 3 posts
    May 13, 2015 12:15 PM EDT

I actually want Bethesda to make a non-Elder Scrolls historical fantasy game with more eastern elements. To be honest Tamriel has gotten kind of boring to me. I would like to see maybe a new kind of world with less parallels to the real world and be more fantasy (instead of wolves/bears/mudcrabs there are more weird hybrids like a fish/frog creature that dive bomb you that could live in a swamp).I would also like to see more interesting landmasses like more swamps and overall more tropical setting. I would also like to see "Nature Magic" become a thing so you could have a legitimate druid/monk character. More summons. Better combat. Actual boss level enemies. Returning enemies (maybe a rival?). Multiple main quest endings. More guilds. Guilds could get involved with the main quest. Honestly though, my latter choices in like Hammerfell would be fine.

• 64 posts
    May 13, 2015 2:46 PM EDT

They didn't have keep all the skills. Just fuse certain ones with others (Like fusing Lockpicking and Pickpocketing).

Also, I'm not entirely well-rehearsed on ES lore about lycanthropy. That last part was a "maybe but maybe not" thing.

• 1217 posts
    May 13, 2015 3:43 PM EDT

A stronger intimidation/persuasion/admiration system, mixing what they've had with the reputation system from New Vegas. When I stroll into town in full Daedric Armor, with a greatsword still bloody from slaughtering an army on my own, I shouldn't hear "Do you get to the Cloud District often?"

• May 13, 2015 8:56 PM EDT

Bethesda:make one, I'll play it.