Forums » Elder Scrolls

Character Perfection...

• 130 posts
    May 2, 2015 11:46 PM EDT

I'm still searching for that special playstyle... 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 3, 2015 1:31 AM EDT

I make no secret what my favorite play style is. Everquest? Necromancer. World of Warcraft? Warlock. Druid. Mage. SWotOR? Sith Sorcerer. D&D? Wizard. Oblivion? Mage. Skyrim?

Look at these spells, aren’t they neat?

Wouldn’t you think my spellbook’s complete?

Wouldn’t you think I’m the mage, the mage who has everything?

Look at this tome, evocations unknown

How many rituals can one library hold?

Looking around here you think

Sure, he’s got everything.

I’ve got illusions and enchantments a-plenty,

I’ve got divinations and scryings galore.

You want demons? I’ve got twenty!

But who cares? No big deal. I want more…

I wanna be where the wizards are,

I wanna see, wanna see them castin’

Conjuring forth all that – what do you call ‘it?

Oh – magic!

Waving your hands, you don’t get too far

Magic is required for casting, evokin’!

Mumbling along down a – what’s that word again?

Scroll!

Up where they chant, up where the Shout

Up where they cast all day in the sun

Spellcasting free – wish I could be

Part of that world…

What would I give if I could be out of this world?

What would I pay to spend a day in some fantastical land?

Bet’cha over there, they understand.

Bet they don’t dismiss their dreams.

Bright young warlock, sick of hidin’

Ready to ban!

And ready to know what the elves know,

Ask ‘em my questions and get some answers.

What’s a flame spell and why does it – what’s the word?

SEAR!

When’s it my turn?

Wouldn’t I love, love to receive my Owl from Hogwarts?

Out of the plain. Wish I could be…

Part of that… World….

• 1441 posts
    May 3, 2015 4:42 AM EDT
    A Battlemage, the protection of a noble knight,with the spell slinging badassness of a wizard.
    • 130 posts
    May 3, 2015 5:59 AM EDT

Don't forget dat Breton Magic Resist.

• 457 posts
    May 3, 2015 11:48 AM EDT
    Holy crud, Tom! xD
    • 50 posts
    May 3, 2015 11:54 AM EDT
    My good ol' current character, Enguner Wave-Colossus. He was a hero, then a fallen hero, then a villain, but came back to becoming a hero. He sometimes switches between his Crusader armor and. High King armor. Who says playing at level 103 isn't fun?
    • 237 posts
    May 3, 2015 11:59 AM EDT
    As much as I'd like to say some sort of mage, I always seem to default to a ranger type. Axe and shield, bows, and alchemy. Maybe it's because of my time using survival mods on PC.
    • 14 posts
    May 3, 2015 5:42 PM EDT
    So far my most perfect character other then my first one is my breton mercenary, roleplaying is amazing because his main pourpose is to eradicate skyrim of bandits because of a certain past event so he has a deep hatred for all bandits, ive taken to calling him or his type of build, the blood wraith, its in sort of a way of a mix of the wraith ranger from shadows of mordor and the witcher, instead of being experimented on by witches and drinking potions to enhance abilities the blood wraith is experimented on by vampires and therefore has some vampiric abilities without actually being a vampire and its also on the wraith ranger side because a vampires soul was placed inside this character and so they share a body and etc etc., so i might make this character into a build sometime because i defiantly enjoy it very much.
    • 295 posts
    May 3, 2015 6:49 PM EDT

Well, he  became associated with some fan fiction I've been writing, so that would explain a lot of why I'm still interested in playing him. I finally decided to be brave and post it here. 

The game play is cool too. He's a restoration mage, so he's got magicks (great for tombs, really skilled with turn undead, sunfire, etc.), non-sneak archery (which is quite exciting to play), and he's heavily perked in block so he can bash away quite a bit. I'm also playing with the Requiem overhaul so that makes game play more challenging and fun. 

I'm having a blast with him. Love the art by the way, and yes, I sees Targe of the Blooded. I love that shield. With a perked war axe wielding, it is great fun. LOL

• 161 posts
    May 3, 2015 7:06 PM EDT

I found "Special One"! It was a little hard because before I wanted to be "The Villain!" Evil Necromancer but then I had a secret feeling to be "The Hero" the warrior (Due to my liking of the Spartans) everyone respected but now I realized.

I'm the Assassin! Stealth. Ranged weapons and Up-close weapons with a little Infiltration. Perfect for me! 

• 1595 posts
    May 4, 2015 4:03 AM EDT

Mason, is that Blackguard pronounced Black Gurad or Blaggard?

I guess my favourite type if character is probably an elf, preferably of the forest sort. As for class, well I am very partial to stealth and I love the Dark Brotherhood, especially the return of  a member of the family I thought long dead. Throw in some archery because elves are good at it and some good old fashioned throat slitting and I'm happy. I especially like my characters to have a deep spiritual connection to Sithis, because, you know, he's a caring god.  Yeah, I love assassins and I don't care who knows it.

• 739 posts
    May 4, 2015 4:47 AM EDT

It's pronounced Black-Guard mate....you know, just like Scroguard...

....but....black....

• 237 posts
    May 4, 2015 11:31 AM EDT
    Sackguard would be a closer pronunciation
    • 161 posts
    May 4, 2015 11:38 AM EDT

Phil...when I looked at this I didn't know I should laugh or think if you being sarcastic.....

Lol

• 1595 posts
    May 4, 2015 12:19 PM EDT
    • 95 posts
    May 26, 2015 2:20 AM EDT
    I have 2: A guy similar to Ponty's paladin in role play but relies more heavily on restoration, going up to Master level and using no block and archery. For range attacks it has his follower Durak with self crafted equipment.
    The other one is a sneaky archer-necromancer (not evil) with self enchanted gear and bound bow, using the necromancy spells from conjuration, especially Soul Cairn summons.
  • June 23, 2015 12:45 PM EDT

For me as a first game character, it has  to be the Spellsword, I like to experiment with weapons and magic to get a feel for them during my first play through I did the same in Morrowind and Oblivion no custom classes for the first one. 

• 558 posts
    June 23, 2015 7:28 PM EDT

Nope, only you.