Forums » The Lounge

Music Tastes

• 201 posts
    April 30, 2015 8:27 AM EDT
    I don't like any of this rap or dubstep mess, mostly rock-hard rock- metal. I was just wondering what bands, music, and genre you guys like.
  • April 30, 2015 8:33 AM EDT

I'll probably be the odd one out here, but I prefer things like Mozart or Beethoven. Newer music just gives me a headache.

• 201 posts
    April 30, 2015 8:35 AM EDT
    Nice, I always did love Fur-Elise. (Pardon me if I spelled that wrong)
    • 585 posts
    April 30, 2015 10:40 AM EDT
    I'm pretty firmly in the alternative rock category of music, Halestorm, Young Guns and Theory of a Deadman are always on my playlist, but I can't resist a catchy tune, even if it's pop.
  • Tim
    • 92 posts
    April 30, 2015 10:44 AM EDT

I love Rock, Heavy Metal, stuff like that. Occasionally what I guess is called Alternative.

Bands I listen to are: Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin. Sometimes Pink Floyd and Nirvana or AC/DC. Afroman and Lonely Island are always entertaining to listen to also :D

• 133 posts
    April 30, 2015 10:47 AM EDT
    Rock and heavy metal.
    • 179 posts
    April 30, 2015 10:48 AM EDT

Heavy metal here

• 237 posts
    April 30, 2015 11:09 AM EDT
    Nothing wrong with a little classical! Or a lot!
    • 237 posts
    April 30, 2015 11:11 AM EDT
    My musical tastes are pretty diverse. I like everything but country and rap/hip-hop. I listen mostly to opera and house/trance while I'm out driving though, and that is most of the day!
    • 966 posts
    April 30, 2015 12:05 PM EDT

Dan Bull, Miracle of Sound. I need not say more.

• 32 posts
    April 30, 2015 1:47 PM EDT

Summoning, Caladan Brood, Opeth, Alcest et al.

Black Metal !!

• 168 posts
    April 30, 2015 4:45 PM EDT

I love uplifting trance and Armin Van Buuren, Andy Blueman, Simon O'Shine and Arctic Moon are my favorite composers

• 622 posts
    April 30, 2015 6:13 PM EDT
    • 700 posts
    April 30, 2015 8:00 PM EDT
    • Hip-Hop 
    • Metal
    • Bluegrass
    • Classical
    • Techno
    • Big band

I think that's it.  Probably not.  

• April 30, 2015 8:50 PM EDT

I listen primarily a combination of pop/hard rock and punk (pop, melodic, and hardcore varieties), but I can't stand metal or country. To be fair, I do have a few Iron Maiden tracks that I really like.

Some favourites currently are Three Days Grace, Rise Against, Shinedown, Nirvana, My Chemical Romance, and Halestorm.

• 253 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:00 AM EDT

My all time favorite genre of music is heartland rock. I could listen to John Mellencamp, Tom Petty, Bob Seger, and Bruce Springsteen forever.

While heartland is my favorite type of rock, I absolutely love all varieties of rock, except I do not like anything alternative, punk, or metal (all those in the modern 90's + sense). I basically like anything from the 50's to the 80's when it comes to rock. Just rattling off a few of my other favorite artists:

• Chuck Berry, Ritchie Valens, the Beattles, the Kinks, the Zombies, the Who, Ledd Zeppelin, Boston, the Blue Oyster Cult, Kansas, Bad Company, Dire Straits, Kenny Loggins, Kansas, Loverboy, Dio, the Romantics, the Police, the Eagles, Billy Squire, ACDC, Guns n Roses, Mountain, Jimmy Hendrix, Eric Clapton, John Mellencamp, Tom Petty, Bob Seger, Bruce Springsteen, Joan Jett, Pat Benetar, Heart, Steve Miller Band, the Warrant... I could honestly go on forever.
    • 249 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:27 AM EDT
    She was *bow now now bow* an American Girl!
    • 189 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:33 AM EDT

Heartland rock? NERD.

• 189 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:34 AM EDT

<3 MCR. But why didn't you mention GC...?

• 485 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:34 AM EDT

Lots and lots of heavy metal.

• 27 posts
    May 1, 2015 3:31 AM EDT

Different  types of metal such as Folk, Power and Heavy

Favorite bands are   Iron Maiden, Heathen Foray  Dream evil, Fintroll and the one and only

CASH DADDY (Johnny Cash)

• 201 posts
    May 1, 2015 5:58 PM EDT
    YES
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 1, 2015 8:04 PM EDT

Classic Rock and Soft Rock. I listen to the same stations as my nearly 80 year-old grandfather and 40-something uncle.

• 6 posts
    May 2, 2015 2:15 AM EDT

I don't even know where to start. Let's say I'd basically listen to anything, the only genre that  currently escapes me is instrumental jazz. Other than that everything goes (classical, pop rock, folk, traditional, electro,  industrial, metal, hip-hop, rock.)

At the moment I'm more  into classical (anything from medieval monodic music to 19th century composers) and "Americana" (anything that goes from the 60s folk scene-Baez, Odetta, Ochs, Peter Paul and Mary, Buffy Sainte-Marie- to classic country -Carter Family, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris and newer stuff such as Rosanne Cash,  Rhiannon Giddens and the Carolina Chocolate Drops, First Aid Kit; and other folkish stuff such as Simon and Garfunkel, Tracy Chapman, Suzanne Vega, early Joni Mitchell... Anything with a nice guitar in the background really... which also means artists who are 1)dead, 2)retired, 3)never tour in France anyway. Sadness.

• 63 posts
    May 2, 2015 8:44 AM EDT

I listen to a wide variety of Heavy metal, but mostly metal.

Bands like: Avenged Sevenfold, Dragonforce, Dream Theater <3, GALNERYUS, Hammerfall, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Mayhem, Metallica, Nightwish, The Police, Metallica, Rammstein, Slayer, Slipknot, System of a Down, Vader, X Japan, and Maximum the Hormone. Those are some of my faves. and the list goes on...