Forums » The Lounge

What's Your Story?

• April 30, 2015 5:51 PM EDT

Bayern München, since my entire family is from Munich and I'm the only one to be born in Canada. You should've seen the celebration in my house for FIFA 2014. I tend to like watching the British soccer, too, but I don't have a particular favourite there.

• 457 posts
    April 30, 2015 5:59 PM EDT

I’ve gone by many names: ‘Timmy’ when I was a kid, ‘Timothy’ whenever I was in trouble or my mom wanted something from me, ‘Timotheus’ (for some bizarre reason)  for a five year period by one of my sisters, ‘Timmo’ by my dad (even to this day), ‘Dork’ pretty much all through high school, and now that I’m a grown-up  I finally have people calling me ‘Tim’ (except for my kids who call me ‘Dad’). I’ll be honest, though, I think ShinJin is better than any of those (with the possible exception of ‘Dork’… that one kind of grew on me xD)

I teach high school English, like to read, enjoy the outdoors, look for opportunities to play Skyrim, and am always finding a brand new hobby to geek out about. I hold the distinct honor of being, perhaps, the most boring person in the world… and like it that way ;D

• 1483 posts
    April 30, 2015 6:00 PM EDT

And Van Gaal is bringing MU back in shape  That reminds me, been too long since I heard from Gustaf 

• 1441 posts
    April 30, 2015 6:05 PM EDT

My name is Christian Diokno, I was born in Hawaii (Forgot which part), and raised in sunny San Jose, California. I am Filipino. Some of my hobbies include reading, gaming, MLP, anime, writing (mostly fanfiction), watching TV, and other things. I love history and mythology, and you may ask me whatever else you wanna know, either here, or via PM

• 1595 posts
    April 30, 2015 6:13 PM EDT

Respect. I would have disowned you had you said Man U.

• 1483 posts
    April 30, 2015 6:15 PM EDT

WHAT?!!!! 

• 1595 posts
    April 30, 2015 6:18 PM EDT

John, eh? Is your number 117 by any chance?

• 1595 posts
    April 30, 2015 6:20 PM EDT

Shit that's rough dude

Otters and wolves?  

We have a dog who thinks she's a human and a cat who thinks she's a dog...  

Pics or it didn't happen

• 1595 posts
    April 30, 2015 6:29 PM EDT

• April 30, 2015 6:37 PM EDT

Oh damn, I feel some new drama stirring up.

*grabs popcorn*

Carry on, pretend I'm not here.

• 1483 posts
    April 30, 2015 6:42 PM EDT

So tempted now...  

• 367 posts
    April 30, 2015 6:43 PM EDT

we're getting through it day by day .

The cat (Smudge)wags her tail when she's happy, (Not Angry as with most cats) and she's always eating the dog biscuits. She even taps my face with her paw when she wants feeding, which is all the time. When we come home the dog (Suzy)demands a treat and pretends she misses us. At night when the dogs ready to go to bed she looks at us in disgust and trots off upstairs to settle. When we come hme after shopping she always rakes through the bags to see what we got her. a bit like me whe I was a kid.

• 966 posts
    April 30, 2015 7:00 PM EDT

Van Gaal > Wenger

• 75 posts
    April 30, 2015 8:37 PM EDT

You know who's a better team than all of these? Watford -3- 

• 75 posts
    April 30, 2015 8:45 PM EDT

Well -3- Why not introduce myself, gotta be brief doe. My real name (not the last one cuz privacy) is Marcus and I'm from Watford, England (for all the footie fans a few pages back, Watford F.C. just got promoted to the Premier League, having some celebrations for that). So far I've lived in quite a few different countries: England, Germany, Colombia and, for the longest time, the little Greek island of Cyprus o3o People that have seen what I occasionally do on the blog will know that I love writing and basically the subjects of English and Literature completely. I'm also keen on History, the stuff I'm most knowledged in being ancient Greek history and British (duh) history. I'm a massive gamer, as I would presume most of us on here to be, I love reading, some of my favourite books being the Song of Ice and Fire series and the Discworld by Terry Pratchett (RIP). Aaaand that's basically it from me -3- I'm a boring person, I know. Jeez I said this would be a short introduction.

• 457 posts
    April 30, 2015 8:49 PM EDT

I read "Guards! Guards!" a few months back... Pratchett is hilarious ;D

• 75 posts
    April 30, 2015 8:56 PM EDT

That and Mort have to be my 2 favourite books of the series, Terry Pratchett just knows how to make comedic fantasy work 

• 65 posts
    April 30, 2015 9:13 PM EDT

My name is Peyton, but you may call me either BITW, which stands for Best In The World, or you may call me by my nord name Ralof Redcloak. I enjoy gaming, especially anything made my Bethesda or Ubisoft, music and watching my knowledge of the elder scrolls grow. I live in a small town called Daphne, Alabama. I love Alabama, but hate Daphne. When I become of age I wish to travel to a place called Redding, California. I have a friend who recently moved from there and she says it's great. Anyway that's all you need to know about me, for now.

• 622 posts
    April 30, 2015 9:22 PM EDT

That's rough man. Best wishes to you and her

• 253 posts
    April 30, 2015 10:38 PM EDT

Accounting? NERD.

• 35 posts
    May 1, 2015 3:17 AM EDT
    My names Lachlan but I'm better known to my friends as Grimmy. I was born in Whyalla, South Australia and I'm still living there to this day. My family has a large English background and because of this I have developed a slight English accent from my family. I absolutely love soccer and I have been playing for most of my life, currently captaining my Under 17s team and playing A Grade. I've been playing games for most of my life and I grew up alongside PlayStation, which has made it my favourite console. I am known to be funny to my friends and I can be quite cocky with a lot of things I do and say. Besides this I'm very easy to get along with and I'm loyal to my friends.
    • 74 posts
    May 1, 2015 3:40 AM EDT

Name's Nathaniel, or Nate to the verbally lazy. 32, male, over-educated.

Grew up in Indiana, left for university in Scotland at age 19, studied International Relations and Political Philosophy, became engaged, became un-engaged, dropped out due to also becoming broke, returned to Indiana afterwards. In Indiana I worked as an historical researcher and appraiser for ancient and medieval European and Near Eastern antiquities (specialty being Roman and Roman-era Celtic arms and armor), a security guard, an estate manager, used car salesman, environmental activist/fundraiser, and then fell into running a non-profit that transported donated medical supplies from the US to Mogadishu, Somalia.

Shortly after the non-profit thing collapsed in the Recession, I hopped a train with $500 in my pocket, relocated to Tahoe and became an IT tech. Two years later, started my own IT support company... promptly had a medical emergency which crashed my business, and took a job in the grocery market world in an act of financial desperation. Two years on and I'm now a certified wine steward for the largest wine retail outlet in Tahoe and am making plans to move to Michigan and start an estate winery on property I've inherited.

Somehow, in the middle of all that, I've also found time to play some computer games. Looking back, I think this has mostly been at the expense of sleep.

• 27 posts
    May 1, 2015 3:48 AM EDT

My names Mitch (obviously) I'm 19 and live in Australia and just moved to Perth from the country to study at Uni. I enjoy gaming, running, Teakwondo which i won a state championship in ( 1 other person in my division) and I have an addiction to fantasy books and art

• 122 posts
    May 1, 2015 10:11 AM EDT

High time I properly introduced myself again.

So, first of all, hello! My name is Ben Mohamad, but I usually go with Lazy. I am 17 years old, bisexual and hailing from the wonderful chain of islands called Indonesia. My house is in Bekasi, but I currently reside in a shabby, but close-to-heart dorm in Depok. Trust me, you do not want to visit my dorm.  I go to an international boys-only school, where I can be considered as an okay student. My relationship status is unfortunately single as of a certain event that transpired 7 months ago. The details are fresh in my mind, so I could spin that sob story for you if anyone would just ask.

My passions encompass many things, including K-Pop, linguistics, writing and of course gaming. I am also quite knowledgeable in a few things Japan. My true dream is to conquer every language possible. Oh, and I'm also a rather good martial artist, though of no discipline in particular. I just....punch things that threaten me until it doesn't. 

Find me at Skype at lazy-rocktime 

• 133 posts
    May 1, 2015 11:12 AM EDT

OK. Let's get this started. 

My name is Bryson, I'm 14, and I live in the US. My hobbies are lacrosse, basketball (even though I suck), ur mom, writing, and publicly embarrassing myself with my friends. I graduate from the Eighth Grade in half a month (holla) and will be attending a private high school on a scholarship

I was born January 1st, 2001, in my (sorta) small hometown, where I've lived ever since. I've been gaming since I was 5 or 6, when my dad brought home a PS2, Madden '08, and Battlefront 2. Nowadays I enjoy RPGs, FPSs, and anything that gives me the freedom to make very little progress in a long amount of time. 

I play for three lacrosse teams, and generally travel a lot for that. Lacrosse will also encompass basically my entire next summer. 

I am single, I live with my mom and dad, and my sister whenever she has a break from college. 

This answer is getting long, but just a few more things. I like history, especially American (no sass from Commies please) and Modern European. 

That's basically it fools. Arvis out.