Forums » Elder Scrolls

• 557 posts
    April 26, 2015 4:52 PM EDT

Hello everyone. 

Well, this is a bit of a mess. As I'm sure you have all seen, the Blog has been in turmoil over the past few days. A lot of things have happened, and there are a lot of problems that need to be solved. A lot of changes are going to be taking place, and I'm going to outline them all briefly below. Before I dive into the changes that I will be making, there is something that I would like to say to you all:

I'm sorry. I have made some terrible decisions here over the past few months, and it took all of this happening in order for me to realize that. I know that a lot of you have lost faith in the Blog, and in me, and I do not blame you. Truth is, I don't know what I'm doing. I've tried my best, but it isn't enough most of the time. My biggest mistake, and perhaps my biggest wrong-doing to all of you, is that I have treated this as if it is my website. It isn't. It never was, and it never will be. This is your website, I'm just here to keep it running. If people don't want me to be in charge anymore then I will either hand the reigns to someone new or allow the blog to fade into Oblivion. 

Now, let me tell you about the changes I'm going to make. 

1. No more Skype. While people will still use this to talk to their friends, we won't have any more "official" Skype Groups. This is effective immediately. 
    2. No more secrets. I'll be the first one to admit that I was wrong here. There were man things that I tried to keep out of the light, and I can't do that anymore. Total transparency is my new policy, and I intend to stick to that.
    3. A New Administrative Team. This is something that quite a few people wanted to see, and I think it is right to give them what they want. I want you all to have faith in us. Expect to see some fresh faces replacing some old ones.
    4. Answering Complaints. One of the issues I have had is that I have not been able to answer every single complaint that I have received. This needs to change, and it will change immediately. 

I hope that these changes are well-received by most, as they should have been made long ago. Again, I am sorry for everything that has happened. I wish I would have known better....

• 179 posts
    April 26, 2015 5:01 PM EDT

Funny you bring up change right now; I just redid the CB Main Page. 

• 1217 posts
    April 26, 2015 5:03 PM EDT
    Glad to see this, Emer. It'll be a worthwhile change, no doubt.
    • 93 posts
    April 26, 2015 5:04 PM EDT

I must really be out of the loop, but I have zero idea what all you are referring to. However, it seems that whatever has happened, you are ready to make amends. Here's to a brighter future for us all!

• 1483 posts
    April 26, 2015 5:22 PM EDT

I don't think there is a way to revoke bans. If he's not IP banned, he can probably join again, I don't know.

• 485 posts
    April 26, 2015 5:23 PM EDT

Thing happened but for what its worth I think you handled yourself and the situation very well, Emer. These changes are a big step in the right direction. 

• 131 posts
    April 26, 2015 5:24 PM EDT
    I'm happy to see that their will be change, it was needed.
    • 773 posts
    April 26, 2015 5:38 PM EDT
    To clarify, 'bans' can be revoked. Technically, in Ning, people who are banned are 'Suspended' and that can be reversed at the click of a button.

I've no idea who 'Brandon' is, but I just checked in the back end and the people who have been 'banned' are there.

Whether they should be allowed back is an entirely different question...
    • 557 posts
    April 26, 2015 5:39 PM EDT

I'm sorry that it took a while for me to reply to you, but I don't really have an answer. 

If either of them would like to be members again, I'd gladly talk to them about it. 

• 1483 posts
    April 26, 2015 5:41 PM EDT

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarification, Paul 

• 149 posts
    April 26, 2015 5:41 PM EDT

Here's hoping some good can come of this. Time will only tell.

• 622 posts
    April 26, 2015 6:09 PM EDT

Looking forward to these changes.

• 159 posts
    April 26, 2015 6:38 PM EDT

"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them".- Bruce lee

Keep at it Emer. You have done so much for the blog and we all have our mistakes to learn from. I wish you all the best in implementing these changes.  

• 367 posts
    April 26, 2015 7:53 PM EDT

I tend to try to stay away from this side of the blog but I feel compelled to speak out. First things first Emer, you said that you’ve made some terrible decisions over the last few months and you don’t know what you’re doing. Well to be perfectly honest I don’t care about that!!! Before anyone jumps, allow me to explain.

Many large companies make damn bigger mistakes than any you may or may not have done and they sure as hell know what they’re supposed to be doing. Personally I never blame someone for making a mistake, I do however expect him/her to correct them. And by the sounds of things that’s what you’re trying to do so for that I salute you my friend. Facing a multiple of people and saying ‘I was wrong’ takes guts and that’s someone who I can follow.

There’s always going to be mistakes here on the blog. What matters is what we do when they happen. Fixing them is one hell of a step in the right direction. As far as you stepping down, well that’s one job I sure as hell in Oblivion wouldn’t want.

Life’s a storm my friend. One day you’ll be basking in the sun then the next you’ll be breaking upon the rocks. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. So shout out ‘Do your worst for I shall do mine’ and the fates shall know you as we do. Emer Dareloth Site owner of the blog.

Was that overdoing it?

Sotek Loyal Hound Of Hircine And Emer....Woof Woof.

• 58 posts
    April 27, 2015 8:07 AM EDT

Ah, Mamma mia you are a true man admitting your mistake I like this attitude.

• 41 posts
    April 27, 2015 11:12 AM EDT

I never lost the faith, and neither should you Emer

• 39 posts
    April 27, 2015 12:03 PM EDT

don't give up hope Emerth, you're doing great! just keep at it! keeping a first -time social website up and running  is HARD!

• Tim
    • 92 posts
    April 27, 2015 12:35 PM EDT

Well, I haven't been on in a couple days so I have no idea what has been going on. I did notice that Ben C and Neb are gone, though. And maybe some others I haven't noticed yet. 

Anyway, good luck with the changes.

• 133 posts
    April 27, 2015 2:12 PM EDT
    Well said. :)
    • 133 posts
    April 27, 2015 2:14 PM EDT
    I've tried to sit on there fence as much as possible, as I find conflict with friends to be tricky. Yes, I consider all of you my friends even if we've barely spoken. We're a community after all.

I am confident you are doing the right thing and shall continue to do so. Good job emer. :)
    • 6 posts
    April 27, 2015 3:31 PM EDT

Mason seems to have gone as well.  

Still unsure what happened, hate that it did, hope everything gets better going forward and bridges can be mended.

• Tim
    • 92 posts
    April 27, 2015 5:10 PM EDT
    Oh my...... You are correct. Maybe somebody should backup his builds, they were awesome.
    • 622 posts
    April 27, 2015 5:26 PM EDT

I already have :P

• 1483 posts
    April 27, 2015 5:30 PM EDT

Mason's builds are still there. As are Neb's. Can't seem to find Ben's builds though

• 1467 posts
    April 27, 2015 5:34 PM EDT

All of Ben's content is gone. Neb and Mason left their stuff up and considering they've left for real, well it'll stay up unless someone deletes it (which won't happen)