Forums » Elder Scrolls

Roullete (boss/dung chest)

• 75 posts
    February 29, 2012 1:13 PM EST

Playing through Skyrim I have noticed a sort of trend: dungeons almost always end with one or more "bosses" and a chest that produces random rewards based on the character's level and that dungeon/boss' difficulty. However, I've also noticed that some of the dungeons (an early one being Bleak Falls Barrow*) seem to reward you based on playstyle**.

Having this knowledge I have started "rigging" dungeons to aquire the type of gear/enchantments I want, no longer treating them as Draugr invested roullete tables.

Does anyone have thoughts on this subject?

Also, please share your favorite dungeon, boss, loot, and/or dungeon experience; I'm sure you've had some pretty intense ones.

*: Boss dropped sword after using sword throughout, axe=axe, greatsword=greatsword, etc

**: Trouble in Skyrim yielded conjuration/destruction gear (playing necromancer/spell-sword)

• 12 posts
    February 29, 2012 9:56 PM EST

Huh... That's useful to know - thanks!

• 75 posts
    March 1, 2012 12:06 AM EST

So far it's only been a few dungeons, and they all have some kind of "boss" at the end.

• 4 posts
    March 1, 2012 3:07 AM EST

Interesting find you have here. It would be cool if you could investigate further and try this theory on more dungeons and caverns, and perhaps find out whether the loot comes from using a specific weapon on just the boss, or the dungeon in total.

• 75 posts
    March 1, 2012 5:08 PM EST

Since I'm not too great lore-wise I'll be starting a blog focussing on each dungeon and posting my findings.

I'm not sure if I should use multiple builds or use The Utopian yet, but you'll see it quite soon

• March 3, 2012 3:37 AM EST
    Your pun, sir, is duly noted. I myself have noticed that higher-level arrows often appear, regardless of playstyle, but do appear in larger quantities and better iterations if playing with a bow