• 490 posts
    April 15, 2015 10:31 AM EDT

The fun ones:

Sheogorath

Sanguine

Dibella

• 1595 posts
    April 15, 2015 10:36 AM EDT

Thanks Slayer.  The only reason I'm chasing this avenue is because there is no TES connection between Mara and The Ritual...

I like this:  

Mary is said to pray for the forgiveness of sinners, and thus can be seen as one who helps souls attain eternal life (the afterlife, Heaven). 

In the context of the constellations and souls, there could be a connection here. It's a half-formed thought that's been knocking round in me noggin since ESO's Celestial lore, but it seems the constellations are, in some respects, actual gods. They disappeared from the sky and materialised on Nirn.

There must be means of linking them all.

• 1483 posts
    April 15, 2015 10:44 AM EDT

there is no TES connection between Mara and The Ritual

Mara, has connection to death, see the last section of her quest. Her blessing boosts Restoration powers which are used against the undead. There is a symbol of Restoration school on Dawnguard armor - a faction dedicated to fighting vampires. There is a desecrated statue of Mara in Castle Volkihar. 

Ritual stone raises undead in Skyrim and turns undead in Oblivion

• 19 posts
    April 15, 2015 10:49 AM EDT

Ok , I am creating a Lore Discussion ! 

• 1595 posts
    April 15, 2015 10:53 AM EDT

Let's assume for a moment that I'm not a total idiot and may actually have spotted those connections, Vazgen

In terms of metaphysics, theology, or whatever, there should be no link between the star signs and the gods. The Constellations are the holes left by the Magne-Ge as you well know. These beings wanted no part in the creation of Mundus, so got the hell outa Dodge.

Conventional thinking is that the pattern in which they left was a parting gift, the light of Aetherius radiating through this pattern in such a way as to provide unique magical attributes to those blessed by this light.

Matching one constellation to one god shouldn't work, but clearly there is something - or at least there was in Oblivion.

Of coarse, ESO has turned some of this conventional thinking upside down...

• 1483 posts
    April 15, 2015 10:56 AM EDT

I'm not familiar with Oblivion system but both the constellations and standing stones influence spheres that are under control of specific deity. So while the constellations/stones themselves are not directly tied to the deities, their effects on Nirn are.

• 19 posts
    April 15, 2015 11:12 AM EDT

Ok , I made a separate discussion in the Lore section, feel free to put a long theory down. 

But just quickly, one of the 'Seven Graces' of the Virgin Mary is this: 

"I will visibly help them at the moment of their death, they will see the face of their Mother." 

Oh and Marriage is a Ritual very clearly associated with Mara too. =P

• 12 posts
    April 15, 2015 11:23 AM EDT

Kynareth and Meridia.

Kynareth is associated with nature, both plant and animal life. I love nature based RPG characters, such as Rangers, Druids and the like.

Meridia shares the first place with Kynareth, as I also love holy type of characters fighting for justice, freedom and purge the lands of evil.

• 1595 posts
    April 15, 2015 10:23 PM EDT

I like them both too. Imagine my joy at discovering the ways in which they are connected to each other?

• April 16, 2015 12:35 PM EDT

Me personally? Zenithar. Preaches a message I find right and hold to in real life, or want to. 

• 5 posts
    April 17, 2015 12:22 PM EDT

There is only one true Deity in this World...

dancing animated GIF

• 19 posts
    April 17, 2015 12:25 PM EDT

Oh no. Not Love and Life crap again =(

• 65 posts
    April 17, 2015 12:40 PM EDT

My favorite Deity? Well I'd have to answer that question in two ways. One being one of the Nine Divines, and another being a Daedric Prince. Even though I play as a breton instead of an nord my favorite of the Nine Divines is Talos, mostly because of the shout cool downs and I strongly support the Stormcloaks and their clause and have a deep hatred for the Empire and the Thalmor. I even refuse to play as a high elf or an imperial. I look through the sky rim builds on the blog and if I see an interesting build I'm like "Oh boy that's sounds cool!" Then I look at the race, High elf or Imperial. "Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, can't play as a high elf nor an imperial." Anyway my favorite Daedric Prince is Sheogorath. I like him because  of his madness and insanity and that reminds me of me because I can go insane at times.

• 65 posts
    April 17, 2015 12:42 PM EDT

Yes all hail the ogre lord!!!!

• 68 posts
    April 19, 2015 6:38 PM EDT
    Shor is the best god. You may not get any perks for Shor, but there's something about a god that takes vengenace on the mer for their god currsing man to mortality by currsing them to not be allowed in the afterlife. Not to mention he actually fought alongside the Atmorans during the mythic era. Now as far as in game perks go knowledge is power and Herma Mora has all knowledge from the dawn of time to the end of time so he would top my list there, he's also the only daedra I always become champion for.