Forums » Elder Scrolls

what do i do?!

• 75 posts
    February 28, 2012 9:07 PM EST

So I'm playing dead-is-dead on a Khajiit spellsword/necromancer and just jumped from the Dragonsreach staircase into the pond below. However, instead of a splash my screen pulsed red and Kit-Catatonic had fallen to his death. I know I didn't hit the edge and have done this a thousand times without fail so do I  restart my character or continue on blaming a glitch?

• 13 posts
    February 29, 2012 12:06 AM EST

Hes a Goner. My opinion.

• 75 posts
    February 29, 2012 12:23 AM EST

I reloaded and landed in the same spot w/o dying so I decided to let it slide.

• 773 posts
    February 29, 2012 3:56 AM EST

Why would you do something so dangerous with a dead-is-dead character?

• 739 posts
    February 29, 2012 4:02 AM EST

Its usually never dangerous Paul, i always do that wee jump off dragonsreach and ive only ever hurt myself once or twice, dying on that jump is seriously unlucky!

• 426 posts
    February 29, 2012 4:14 AM EST

Yeah Ive experienced that as well mason but its never killed me.

• 856 posts
    February 29, 2012 6:13 AM EST

I have to agree with Ben.

I used to pay a resurrection penalty if I died after 15th level (now dead=dead, any level).  My penalty usually involved leaving something at the temple of my choice.  This usually was a sizeable amount of gold (75%+ placed in a container), and my favorite item (usually a weapon), and something I've crafted (my best work).

Obviously you're having doubts,paying a penalty may help alleviate them.

Of course you know what they say about khajiits.  They have nine lives.  Perhaps they do not.

• 10 posts
    February 29, 2012 6:32 AM EST
    glitch. its not going to bother you that much.
    • 12 posts
    February 29, 2012 7:33 AM EST

sooo.. dead is mostly dead, except when I have a little accident?

• 75 posts
    February 29, 2012 12:12 PM EST
    No, I have restarted this character plenty of times now due to
    stupid" mistakes (ie jumping to the first 3 standing stones and running off the tower during my first dragon battle), but in this case I hit the center of the pond and died on top of the water.
    Also, wtf, Lydia was gone for almost 2 (game)weeks and I couldn't get another follower. I later found her, whilst returning a Whiterun bounty, sitting at the dinner table.
    • 739 posts
    February 29, 2012 12:22 PM EST

I like runered's idea of paying a penalty!

Perhaps if you die stupidly you should have to drop absolutely everything you have obtained upto that point in the middle of a lake or off the side of a mountain so you never find them again! This would really up the challenge!!

• 75 posts
    February 29, 2012 12:31 PM EST

I do like that idea aswell, but starting over seems to really motivate me. Also, no potions, fast travel, or crosshairs and so far have only been using stoneskin for armor (did the 1st companion quest with the Master Vampire; I've never run from a fight so many times). These seem to really up the difficulty; it's like Master x10

A question though, if my companion dies do you think I should leave them as dead? I've had Lydia go to her knees (ha) a few times now.