Forums » Elder Scrolls

How will you play in TES6 for your 1st full playthrough?

• 161 posts
    March 26, 2015 1:46 AM EDT

Hey Guys!

I've just been thinking about Gameplay and it came to me: How would it be for TES6? So I wanted to know how would you guys play? (or think you will play)

For me on the other I probably just might go Bosmer/Altmer Assassin/Ranger. #AssassinforLife   

• 1217 posts
    March 26, 2015 1:49 AM EDT

Probably an Enchanter/Witchhunter type. The race will depend on the setting. I like starting off with a mobile, ranged character, but I don't want to start exhausting sneak archery right off the bat. Enchanting's my favorite magic, so hopefully it'll be present in significant enough a way that I can create a survivable and dangerous character without having to spread myself thin.

• 161 posts
    March 26, 2015 1:54 AM EDT

With that in mind I wish some of the gameplay was like Dark Souls for you can have a dagger (or sword/magic) in the other but then unequip it to use the bow. That makes it more efficient and make good use a hotbar without all the browsing.  

• 18 posts
    March 26, 2015 2:09 AM EDT

Probably a classic thief 

• March 26, 2015 2:12 AM EDT

For me it really depends on the game its self. In all other TES games my first character has always been a Nord.Iffor some reason Nords aren't a playable Race I'd most likely go with Argonian. Class wise I'd probably be a Bard, or whatever Class is the most all-rounded. For equipment I'd go with Medium Armour, or Light Armour if there is no medium. For weapons I'll probably use One-Handed Swords, with either a Bow or Crossbow for range. It is quite hard to tell exactly what the stats, skills, etc. will be like in TES VI, you might not even be able to play as one of the Races from Skyrim.

• 152 posts
    March 26, 2015 2:49 AM EDT

I'll probably end up doing some sort of paladin-esque build with a shield. Its always a safe bet to never die with 

• 627 posts
    March 26, 2015 2:50 AM EDT

Most likely something to do with archery as the main form of offense, maybe a little sneak for scouting and starting combat. If they bring back unarmored from Morrowind then I'd definitely use that over normal armor. I'd probably be a Breton or Bosmer depending on whether I was going to sprinkle some magic into the mix.

• 207 posts
    March 26, 2015 4:15 AM EDT

An Argonian sorcerer, heavy armor, alteration, restoration, conjuration, destruction, enchanting, maybe get a few additional skills during gameplay

• 1483 posts
    March 26, 2015 4:20 AM EDT

I'll use non-standard skills. For my first Skyrim character I used Alteration, Alchemy, Sneak, Lockpicking for basis. Of course, I ended up perking a bunch of other skills in the end, like Smithing, Enchanting, Archery, Two-Handed (despite not using it), Conjuration, Restoration...

• 11 posts
    March 26, 2015 6:19 AM EDT

I will probably start it off as a massive Nord or Orc Berserker dual wielding axes or swinging a greatsword with ease. The reason for this is, I have been trying too hard to be rogues and thieves and it gets boring after a while.

• 47 posts
    March 26, 2015 9:11 AM EDT

Two Handed, Heavy Armor, Alteration (Orc) or Archery, Sneak (Breton). In truth, I`m tired of the same races, spells and general feeling. This universe need a complete overhaul.

• 116 posts
    March 26, 2015 10:20 AM EDT
    I'll start my Tes VI as a Breton. If we get Unarmed/unarmored back I'll play as a monk styled build using restoration, destruction, and martial arts, with speech sneak and maybe illusion magic as my secondary skills. If we don't get those skills back I'll go pure archer with decent sneak skill, however I'll keep from using sneak archery too much to not get tedious repetitive gameplay.
    • 1217 posts
    March 26, 2015 10:21 AM EDT
    Oooh, no doubt! If unarmed comes back, that's what I'll be doing!
    • 116 posts
    March 26, 2015 10:22 AM EDT
    Oh I do hope we get shouts again. Whirlwind sprint upgraded to the strongest form is essential to my archery builds to keep distance from all the badies
    • 1217 posts
    March 26, 2015 10:25 AM EDT
    I fully expect that shouts won't be included, unless as a special ability restricted to Nord characters.
    • 122 posts
    March 26, 2015 10:37 AM EDT

As I always start. Male, Redguard, spellsword-and-shield. 1H, Restoration, Alteration, Conjuration and Lockpicking. Probably will initiate roleplay as a simple wanderer and happened to stray into capture, because come on, of course it's going to start in chains or prison!

• 404 posts
    March 26, 2015 11:16 AM EDT
    Since oblivion I start as a Nord warrior like character.
    • 168 posts
    March 26, 2015 12:22 PM EDT

Khajiit Assassin/Ranger/Duelist. He will be the son of my Thalmor Slayer Khajiit from Skyrim. Or a Khajiit pure mage. She will be the niece of my Thalmor Slayer Khajiit mentioned before. #AssassinforLife, #MageforLife

• 4 posts
    March 26, 2015 12:33 PM EDT

Pure mage. Breton or high elf most likely.

• 116 posts
    March 26, 2015 12:39 PM EDT
    Yeah I agree. I'm hoping they come up with a sort of "racial skill" tree to expand on racial powers. Like as a Nord for example the first perks might be better 2 handed weapon damage or something. Then the tree would branch of to specialized Nord abilities, say like one would be the ability to shout, the other would be the ability to learn Battle Cry and be more melee originated, and a third branch being a more passive specialization like heavily increased frost resistance and so on. You would only be allowed to take one specialization branch of the tree. I feel like doing something like this could further immersion to the game.
  • March 26, 2015 1:43 PM EDT

My first character is always a continuation of my Morrowind Nerevarine. I know it's implausible, but there's something really important to me to continue his story. Breton Spellsword (Block, 1H, Destruction, Restoration, Alteration, Conjuration).

But for TES6:Elsweyr (**crosses fingers**), I'll play a Khajiit bard or similar rogue (1H, Archery, Destruction, Restoration, Alchemy, Alteration, Conjuration), because I love being well-rounded characters and one of the "home races" feels more natural for the games.

• 75 posts
    March 26, 2015 2:09 PM EDT

Khajiit spellsword, because I can't play an ES without that 

• 100 posts
    March 26, 2015 2:16 PM EDT
    A monk or a thief. Monk if unarmed is back... I can punch my way through and take inventory on all the armors and weapons I've seen- and plan another character with this knowledge. (Who else has dropped everything in an ES game because they came across a previously unknown armor set and had to make a pkaythrough around it?)

The thief will showcase the stealth mechanics whilst letting me loot everything around instead of just looking at it, also allowing me to check out what the game has to offer.

If combat has been revamped significantly and hit boxes aren't super huge, I may just run through as a swordsman, but I doubt it. I'll want to change my armor class halfway through xD
    • 367 posts
    March 26, 2015 3:37 PM EDT

I'll play as a male Argonian pathfinder. (A character class which I havent got the guts to make). Armor will be Light. Weapons, two one handed axes. Range attack .Bow. Spell classes would be high Restoration and high Alchemy. Basic conjuration, Familiars (Wolves) in all their forms be it basic or flaming. Sneak and Lockpicking. ( It's no good being a pathfinder if you're stuck at the first locked gate you come to).

I'll definatly be a Werewolf. What if it's blackmarsh and you can be a were crocodile? Don't care, Werewolf. If they allow you to be a were dragon? I don't care, Werewolf. Wolf with bad breath, fangs and claws? Yup sign me up... Werewolf.

• 23 posts
    March 26, 2015 3:43 PM EDT
    Bosmer Ranger is what How I think I ll do it !:)