Forums » Elder Scrolls

How will you play in TES6 for your 1st full playthrough?

• 161 posts
    March 26, 2015 9:39 PM EDT

Damn BB. Thats really cool and sounds really efficient. 

• 24 posts
    March 26, 2015 9:43 PM EDT
    Also, my first will most likely be a Breton no matter what class.
    • 8 posts
    March 26, 2015 9:50 PM EDT
    I'll probably go battlemage/sorcerer, some kind of tank that uses magic
    • 161 posts
    March 26, 2015 9:51 PM EDT

Thats how i went my first playthrough as a Warrior but like you I tried stealth and loved it. But that crusader armor,yes I do with to and it would have been cool for the Vigilants of Stendaar to wear that armor in different variants for rank and be able to join them. Since many people like to play crusaders and holy blades it would have been a good twist.

• 6 posts
    March 26, 2015 10:00 PM EDT

Battlemage... The silent assaults are so boring and tedious...

• 24 posts
    March 26, 2015 10:01 PM EDT
    Definitely, I hate that their faction only used general equipment like mage robes and steel armor. There was lots of potential there for the vigilants to be a really interesting knightly order, and yet you get very few encounters with them.
    • 125 posts
    March 26, 2015 10:14 PM EDT

I'll probably start out as your average adventurer; light armor, one-handed sword, bow and arrow, etc.; but once I hear even the slightest mention of the Thieves Guild, I'm gonna dive head-first into the local underworld and terrorize the whole province. 

• 457 posts
    March 26, 2015 10:59 PM EDT
    RONIN!!!

Dunmer, chaotic/good rogue with a heart of gold. Usually go One-handed, but just might go 2H this time around (Skyrim has given me a new found love for the greatsword). Probably some restoration and destruction thrown in. I always start off Light Armor, but just may go 0 AR this time around. If enchanting is still an option, I'll most definitely be doing that.

Then for about 1 or 2 months solid I'll stumble around like a blind man until I find you all on the Blackmarsh Blog (or whatever), start capitalizing on the vast wealth of knowledge you provide, and then start playing the game properly, trying new things out, and having some REAL fun ;D

That's the plan, and I'm sticking to it!
    • 161 posts
    March 26, 2015 11:06 PM EDT

Lol I expected you to say that. But you know what be good for a ronin build? If they instead of putting one-handed the should put weapon mastery like different for each type of weapon. That would make it more immersive and much more realistic with a ability to hold the same sword (Weapon) with both hands and switch to one like dark souls.

• March 27, 2015 8:38 AM EDT

Probably a Speechcraft/Magic-inclined thief. I'm always a thief. ALWAYS.

• 457 posts
    March 27, 2015 10:15 AM EDT

I agree... that would be pretty cool ;D

• 15 posts
    March 27, 2015 11:39 AM EDT

It depends on the game i guess. I only ever played Skyrim so I've only experienced the classes that Skyrim offers, therefore I would probably choose a new class (and by class I mean perks and stuff) to try something new. 

• 2 posts
    March 27, 2015 7:25 PM EDT

I'll probably end up playing an archer, but with an unorthodox race, like Khajiit or Altmer. I find crafting tedious and annoying, so I will most likely end up with no crafting as well.

• 1217 posts
    March 27, 2015 7:27 PM EDT

Seriously, though, where are the Khajiit ranger builds?

• 1 posts
    March 27, 2015 11:04 PM EDT

Probably some sort of spellsword, so that I could dabble in both magic and melee attacks. But in Skyrim I had such fun with archery, so perhaps I'd make a ranger-type character.

• March 28, 2015 1:29 AM EDT

A big part of it will come down to two things: the setting, and how the graphics look. The setting matters because it'll affect how I feel about my character. The specific circumstances of Skyrim have done a lot to fuel what I like in my TES:V characters, and it took me a long time whittle down my "perfect" character. (a young, female Nord mage who uses bows and is a total kleptomaniac) I'll likely go through the same process for Hammerfel or Alinor or whatever.

The graphics are going to matter because I don't like playing characters whose looks I don't like. I don't play any elves in Skryim, despite rather liking the elven lore, because I think every elf model except male Bosmer looks terrible. So, a lot of it will depend on which race I like the looks of in addition to their lore.

As for skills...who knows.

• 1217 posts
    March 28, 2015 1:55 AM EDT

The elves thing, I blame Hugo Weaving for that. Curse you, Hugo Weaving.

• March 28, 2015 2:57 AM EDT

Ugh, they do look like Hugo Weaving, don't they? Even the women. Especially the women.

• March 28, 2015 3:04 AM EDT

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what they were trying to do- make the elves seem more alien and inhuman than just "tall, funny-colored humans with pointy ears." It's just that the result is, I think, flawed. The heads are all too big and not really shaped properly for the bodies they're on, giving them a sort-of cartoon character look with the big heads and eyes that just comes across really weird.

Dragon Age 2 did a better job, in my opinion, at making the elves look strange without making them look bad. They dialed it back for Inquisition, but I liked them.

• 237 posts
    March 28, 2015 8:29 AM EDT

Did you just compare this to this?

• 12 posts
    March 28, 2015 9:43 AM EDT
    Spellsword for some variation
    • 14 posts
    March 28, 2015 4:57 PM EDT

Monk if they don't butcher Unarmed again.

• 1595 posts
    March 28, 2015 5:10 PM EDT

Snakes! Hey dude, good to see ya

• 3 posts
    March 28, 2015 8:58 PM EDT

Nothing specific. I'll jump in and use whatever feels right and looks cool. 

• 14 posts
    March 29, 2015 10:32 PM EDT
    Likewise, my friend! It's been forever but I'll always come back eventually. :)