Forums » Elder Scrolls

How will you play in TES6 for your 1st full playthrough?

• 367 posts
    March 26, 2015 3:52 PM EDT

Thats how I see my main character Sotek. I explained it best on a discussion started by  Okan-Zeeus. How will your journey end.

What's implausable got to do with it? It's your game, your story. I am somewhat curiouse though... If you use the same character like I do with Sotek will it be a grandson or have you got a back story to him as to why he returned to Skyrim?

• 237 posts
    March 26, 2015 4:06 PM EDT

Wizard.  Obviously.

• March 26, 2015 4:47 PM EDT

Part of the Morrowind main quest makes the character effectively immortal, or so immune to the effects of age that it doesn't matter. The implausibility is more that it's non-canon, but it is canon in my Tamriel. Along with the facts that Vivec is alive, the Imperials won the civil war, and the Nerevarine is a Breton.

My continued idea was that the Thalmor struck a deal with the Nerevarine, if he would join with them (I've never fully understood why the Dunmer are the only elves not part of the Dominion), bringing the blessing of a few Daedric Princes and his own power, part of Skyrim would be officially surrendered to the Dunmer to rebuild a new Resdayn. That's also pretty damn implausible, that the Thalmor would offer such a deal, but it worked for my story.

• 87 posts
    March 26, 2015 4:53 PM EDT

Bosmer. I don't know about class, but I liek wud elfs.

• 490 posts
    March 26, 2015 4:55 PM EDT

You and me both. My very FIRST character ever in any Elder Scrolls game was a Wood Elf archer with some magics thrown in. I usually try to stick to tradition. Skyrim I started as an Orc berserker, but I quickly realized the folly of my ways and got to making my Wood Elf.

• 237 posts
    March 26, 2015 5:07 PM EDT

I like Bosmer in lore, but I've never played one, even though I love archers.

That's just weird.

• Tim
    • 92 posts
    March 26, 2015 5:18 PM EDT

Probably Breton, especially if they still have dat awesome magic resistance. I usually play as some form of Paladin/Spellsword (Or is it Battlemage?), So 1H, Restoration, Destruction, Heavy Armor and maybe Block. I enjoy whacking things with swords, healing myself and burning things with FIYAAAAHHHHH :D.

• 237 posts
    March 26, 2015 5:38 PM EDT

Spellsword, battlemage, mageknight, it's all the same to me!  I didn't play TES before Skyrim though.

• 88 posts
    March 26, 2015 5:38 PM EDT

You forgot Battlesword and spellmage I think.

• 237 posts
    March 26, 2015 5:42 PM EDT

And swordmage!

• 87 posts
    March 26, 2015 6:41 PM EDT

That's good. Not too many people like Bosmer, so we have to band together . Actually, though, the Bosmer are a very cool race. You can do so many things with them (while remaining lore friendly).

• 627 posts
    March 26, 2015 6:44 PM EDT

If a remember correctly (which happens rarely ) then my first character in Oblivion was Bosmer, he didn't last long as I quickly ran out of lockpicks and at the time didn't know an easy way to get more.

• 161 posts
    March 26, 2015 6:45 PM EDT

But the scary thing is that they eat people and what if one day we can go iside of games like Sword Art Online. If TES was realy i'd probaly be a Altmer/Bosmer mix and I dont want to eat people or anger Y'ffre. 

• 237 posts
    March 26, 2015 6:52 PM EDT

What happens in SAO stays in SAO

• 627 posts
    March 26, 2015 6:52 PM EDT

They only eat those they kill. So simple solution don't kill any people.

• 161 posts
    March 26, 2015 6:59 PM EDT

Nah Im just gonna have to make my own pact with Y'ffre.

• 131 posts
    March 26, 2015 7:09 PM EDT
    Altmer spellsword who opposes the Thalmor
    • 149 posts
    March 26, 2015 7:24 PM EDT
    I have no clue. I'm waiting to see what the game looks like first. The only certainty is that I'll be an Argonian.
    • 1217 posts
    March 26, 2015 7:27 PM EDT

Shocker, there  Any chance of it being Okan-Zeeus, or more likely to be a new OC?

• 743 posts
    March 26, 2015 7:32 PM EDT

Never can go wrong with a classic assassin. Race would probably be imperial.

• 41 posts
    March 26, 2015 8:52 PM EDT
    There better be hand to hand...monk for life...please be Akavir...KUNG FU TIGERS AND MONKEYS AND SNAKES OH MY
    • 1217 posts
    March 26, 2015 8:54 PM EDT

The Monkey King builds, I can see them already.

• 291 posts
    March 26, 2015 9:12 PM EDT

It really all depends on the mechanics, but I know that typically, I'm happiest with an archer of some kind (sneaking or no, non-sneaking archers are often more interesting).  If not an archer, then some kind of skirmisher setup with a sword and no shield.  I don't usually use very much magic, and when I do, it's always supportive to the character's style of combat.

I know on the first playthrough, I will do all the things.  All the quests and crafting and whatever.  I will try to come up with a story that vaguely fits the game, but it's never as directed as later playthroughs are.  For example, in several playthroughs in Skyrim I have restricted the types of questlines I do for the sake of role playing.

As far as race goes, that entirely depends on the story and the province.  Generally, though, I tend to play any race other than Nords, Orcs, or High Elves.

• 95 posts
    March 26, 2015 9:32 PM EDT

Race: Argonian Vampire

Armor: Full suit of heavy

Boon: Ritual

Weapon: Two-handed

Class: Nightblade

Zero Stealth abilities, only focus on recovering health per strike or per kill. Any equipment will augment the healing I receive in order to Boost abilities from the Siphoning tree. I will also use the combination of Invigorating Drain and Soul Tether (I believe that's the one that has increased damage based on Ulitmate level and generates more ultimate per kill while slotted, so it would boost the Ultimate gained by Invigorating Drain from Vampirism) to create some quick ultimate generation.

My goal with this combination is to augment all healing received by an additional 40% or possibly even more 

• 24 posts
    March 26, 2015 9:36 PM EDT
    Normally, I always go warrior on my first play through in rpgs, but, due to the fun I had with stealth in skyrim, I may play as a ranger or nightblade assassin. If their is some really cool knight/crusader sort of armor in the next game, I might make greatsword wielding knight. I've never played Oblivion, but I've always wished there was a set like that divine crusader armor in skyrim. I hope they add weapons like halberds, spears, and bastard swords/longswords (essentially shorter/faster two-handers and hand-and-a-half-swords) next go around. I've always wanted a bastard sword for my ranger characters.