Forums » Elder Scrolls

Death of a Traitor: Saadia

• 237 posts
    March 23, 2015 10:22 PM EDT

I have to agree, for the most part.  However, Heimskr's uncontested preaching right in a main thoroughfare of Whiterun is a strong suggestion that the Thalmor have limited capacity in the city.  Balgruuf is a Talos worshipper himself, and reluctant to choose a side in the war until it shows up on his doorstep.

I forget who, but someone earlier claims that Saadia's body ends up in the Hall of the Dead if you side with Kematu.  I've never seen this happen.  I was under the impression that Saadia is disabled by the quest, much like using a console command to disable someone or something.

If someone wanted Saadia dead, why wouldn't they just perform the Black Sacrament?  Some people around here seem to believe the Thalmor are responsible for the random encounter DB assassins after the player, and if they're willing to go through a bunch of 'inferior' race Sithis worshipers, why wouldn't they have Saadia taken out that way?

• 237 posts
    March 23, 2015 10:26 PM EDT

Saadia isn't the MF-ing Dragonborn.  They have to pull out every trick in the book to try and stop you.

• 1467 posts
    March 23, 2015 10:28 PM EDT

Alik'r Redguards. Might have a better idea on where she is. The thing everyone is glossing over is that the Thalmor and Alik'r have no real knowledge on where she is. The Alik'r are sent to find her and have to use the Dragonborn to do it.

Also with the Dark Brotherhood (correct me if I'm wrong) but aren't all the targets you hunt down in known places.

• 237 posts
    March 23, 2015 10:35 PM EDT

You have to do some hunting to find the Gourmet.

Edit: Ning is having serious issues with comments!  The rest of that statement just got completely cut off! =_= Anyway, I think the locations of all the other marks are known.  Except for, you know, that pesky player character (until you join them and they decide keeping you as an assassin is better than fulfilling a contract to kill you).

• 1467 posts
    March 23, 2015 10:36 PM EDT

That's true. I would say it's a tad different because he is a completely un-named character..

• 237 posts
    March 23, 2015 10:39 PM EDT

See, I recognize the attempt to make it ambiguous.  But they really botched the execution of it, IMO.  Saadia's version of the story is just so hilariously bad that it's impossible to believe her.  Even if the Alik'r are lying too, at least their lie is believable.

• 2 posts
    March 24, 2015 8:09 AM EDT

Still, when Hammerfell is free of the Thalmor, why would she come to Skyrim, where the Thalmor has strong influences? The Redguards went to war to get the Thalmor out of Hammerfell, so possibly all the nobles would have spoken out against the Thalmor.

• 3 posts
    March 24, 2015 9:07 PM EDT

This mission is the key element in a role playing build I'm in the middle of playing; a redguard woman warrior, come to Skyrim to rescue the woman that her brother died to protect.

• 237 posts
    March 24, 2015 9:48 PM EDT

Epic.  Much more epic than what Bethesda thought up and implemented, for sure!  I should make up more details and backstory for In My Time of Need next time I become Dragonborn.

• 13 posts
    March 25, 2015 11:10 PM EDT

Whatever the truth may be in this quest, I don't think it can be found with either Saadia or Kematu.  As you said, Saadia's version doesn't ring true, but if a person is to be judged by the company they keep then I wasn't impressed by Kematu's choice of  "friends" (the ones I had to kill to get to him) either.  I ignore this quest now because neither resolution feels right to me.

• 237 posts
    March 26, 2015 12:29 AM EDT

Well, I gotta agree with you on that.  Anyone who is friends with bandits is an enemy of Librari!