Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite NPC voice in Skyrim?

• March 20, 2015 11:02 PM EDT

I think that voice added in with the whole "Skyrim for the Nordic barbarians, yargh!" is what really clinches it for me.

• March 20, 2015 11:11 PM EDT
    I think the man himself expresses the thought somewhat more eloquently than you do...another reason I like his speech.
    • 1217 posts
    March 20, 2015 11:15 PM EDT

Durny. I'm looking at you Curse. I'm looking right at you.

• 1217 posts
    March 20, 2015 11:15 PM EDT

Ooooh, sick burn! 

• March 20, 2015 11:25 PM EDT

I'll also throw in Lucien LaChance (another character voiced by Wes Johnson), Nazir, Miraak, and Hermaeus Mora.

Michael Mack was always great too (Arena master in Oblivion and Cyrus from Redguard are his two more famous roles). Unfortunately he wasn't in Skyrim, I believe.

• 743 posts
    March 20, 2015 11:40 PM EDT

I agree with Asks Many Questions, Ulfric's voice doesn't really sound dumb, it's just deep and slow. Which I tend to think fits his character.

• 743 posts
    March 20, 2015 11:44 PM EDT

I have a feeling this discussion is a powder keg with a half burnt fuse. Sounds like a Civil war argument is about to explode.

*Grabs popcorn*

• March 20, 2015 11:57 PM EDT

I'll admit, I did laugh at that. Your avatar just looks like he's judging me so hard.

@RogueSilver, no, at least I hope it won't. I know I can be a bit blunt with my opinions, but I'd rather not start a flame war. I prefer to read them than be involved in them.

• 743 posts
    March 21, 2015 12:09 AM EDT

I hope not either, but you've gotta admit, they're pretty entertaining to watch. Anyways if an arguement did start I'd have to say my opinion as well, so I'm really hoping it won't happen.

• 63 posts
    March 21, 2015 12:42 AM EDT

1. Karliah. My god, such a beautifully soft voice o.o

2. Odahviing. easily the coolest dragon, and voice

3. Arngeir. wonderful voice, right up there with morgan freeman.

4. esbern. it is indeed kinda wonky, but esbern is wonky too. so it fits!

5. Barbas. its really hard to add character to a dog, but this dog...

honorable mentions: Cicero, paarthurnax, alduin, durnehviir, brynjolf, Male khajits, male argonians, 

• 41 posts
    March 21, 2015 1:38 AM EDT
    For me, it wasn't that Ulfric's voice was bad per se, just that it didn't live up to expectations.

I had always heard that it was "amazing", so I was expecting something charismatic, but when I reached Windhelm (I didn't pay attention to Ulfric in Helgen, sue me) I was just... unimpressed. His voice, IMO, is simply adequate.
  • March 21, 2015 1:42 AM EDT

Heh. I'm not really trying to start a fight, I just thought it was interesting that th people accusing Ulfric of sounding like "a muscle-bound idiot" were also expressing his opinion in a far simpler, cruder way than he actually does.

And yes, I love my avatar; he's got that perfect blend of quiet intelligence and subtle arrogance.

• 1 posts
    March 21, 2015 1:43 AM EDT

as much as i love mario as it was the first game many of us played no matter which one and alduin being voiced by him gives him points i gotta say when your able to say almost all of karliahs lines she generally becomes your favourite

however gotta give esbern some credit to

• 237 posts
    March 21, 2015 2:12 AM EDT

Yeah, the first time I went to Windhelm and heard him outside of a Helgen context, I was left disappointed.  And no, I don't see/hear the eloquence.  Never have.  No amazing prose, just straightforward and simple speech I'd also expect to hear from 'Farmer Joe' outside the city!  He sounds to me more like he talks slowly because his mind works slowly!

• 237 posts
    March 21, 2015 2:15 AM EDT

I hope you actually meant Katria and aren't just mistaking her with Karliah.  I kind of (almost) wish I could keep her ghost around as a permanent follower!  But I'm glad she was able to rest in peace.

• 2 posts
    March 21, 2015 8:41 AM EDT

Ulfric Stormcloak because he is voiced by Vladimir Kulich who played Buliwyf in the movie The 13th Warrior. I will never forget my first time in Skyrim, hearing "Legends don't burn down villages." and I was like, Buliwyf!!! I'm on his side!

• 65 posts
    March 25, 2015 12:30 PM EDT

Hermaus Mora 10 out of 10 420 blaze it

• March 29, 2015 7:10 PM EDT

Esbern, Ulfric and the head of the dawnguard Isran

• 4 posts
    June 27, 2015 7:07 PM EDT
    I have a few, personally.
    Molag Bal, Astrid, Barbas, Karliah, Brynjolf, Delvin, Paarthurnax, Miraak, Isran, Esbern (obviously), and actually, the voice of Aerin and the Courier, only because it's the same person who voices Haku in Spirited Away.
    • 6 posts
    June 28, 2015 1:03 AM EDT

Sheogorath. If he isn't in the Elder Scrolls VI, there will be an outrage.

• 743 posts
    June 28, 2015 1:48 AM EDT

Do I smell thread necromancy? Jokes aside, good choices.

• 51 posts
    June 28, 2015 4:04 AM EDT
    Mjoll,Brynjolf,Nazir,Karliah :-)
    • 558 posts
    June 28, 2015 5:10 AM EDT

Herma Mora, Malacath, Molag Bal, Cicero, Clavicus Vile, and Ulfric.

• 20 posts
    July 6, 2015 11:57 AM EDT

Karliah, nobody can compare to her.

Hadvar, Arngeir Serana are second.

• 201 posts
    July 6, 2015 12:44 PM EDT

Karliah and Serana. Hands down.