Forums » Elder Scrolls

Death of a Traitor: Cicero

• 1467 posts
    March 14, 2015 1:34 AM EDT

Ahh. Cicero, arguably one of the most annoying or most unique and enjoyable characters in the vanilla game. 

So how do you deal with him. Do you slaughter the fool, take his cloths and dance on his body or do you let him live so he can do the dancing...Or are you really against him and never start the Dark Brotherhood Quest just so you don't have to put up with him...

Personally I enjoyed the character, I don't bring him around with me but I do enjoy letting him live...

• March 14, 2015 3:01 AM EDT

KILL HIM.

• 4 posts
    March 14, 2015 3:13 AM EDT

I kill him everytime I play through the game..he's too annoying to let live.

• 12 posts
    March 14, 2015 5:47 AM EDT
    Kill him every time
  • March 14, 2015 8:04 AM EDT

I let him live. Every single time. It's fun to have a Jester following you around, or at least in my opinion.

• 558 posts
    March 14, 2015 12:50 PM EDT

He's my favorite follower, so I always spare him if I'm doing the Dark Brotherhood.

• 41 posts
    March 14, 2015 1:00 PM EDT

I kill him on all of my (rare) assassin characters.

• 4 posts
    March 14, 2015 1:42 PM EDT

Really guys? You killed him?

I mean yeah, he is bat-sh♥t crazy...

But man. He is like a bro, next to nazeem. Also, he is super loyal to the db.
    Killing a guy just because he is crazy, doesn't that make you the crazy guy?

• March 14, 2015 2:01 PM EDT

Dead totally and absolutely dead, raise him up and kill him again just to make sure

• 1217 posts
    March 14, 2015 2:14 PM EDT

I personally prefer him dead, but I can't think of many good reasons for a cut-throat assassin to want to scratch out a valuable resource like that. His insanity may be clear, but so is his loyalty to the Night Mother/Listener. I don't use him as a follower just because his voice and his antics are annoying, but he's a pro assassin, and for an assassin's guild, that's worth keeping around.

• 1217 posts
    March 14, 2015 2:16 PM EDT

For clarity, I've done the DB questline twice, and I've got a love/hate relationship with the Brotherhood. They're all just a bit psychotic for me, but being an assassin is fun. The first time I spared him, and in the Sheik/Zelda playthrough I killed him.

• 485 posts
    March 14, 2015 2:40 PM EDT
    I usually keep him alive. The dark brother hood of skyrim is in ruin by the end of the quest line so it makes sense to preserve the lives of as many veteran assassins as possible.
    • 1467 posts
    March 14, 2015 5:09 PM EDT

Bah, all of you hate Cicero...meh, whatever. But that does bring another question into mind, what about other members of the DB, any favorites, any you hate.

I love the usual Festus, Nazir and Astrid, well I guess not everyone likes Astrid but I think it was her that truly created the Dark Brotherhood, she made it different from some of the other guilds by just sort of being a bitch...Great design to her.

• 627 posts
    March 14, 2015 5:14 PM EDT

Personally I really enjoyed Cicero's company, I'm not sure why but I felt a connection with that guy.

Anyway I think of all the members other than him Festus would have to be my favourite, the way he was hard to impress just made me want to manage all the more. 

• 1217 posts
    March 14, 2015 5:15 PM EDT

The only member of the DB that I tolerate is Nazir. Astrid isn't really bad, but her need to control that ultimately destroys the Brotherhood is a big black mark. I hate everyone else in the guild, without exception.

• 1217 posts
    March 14, 2015 5:20 PM EDT

Hm, why would Golden Fool be so fond of Cicero?

• 627 posts
    March 14, 2015 5:21 PM EDT

I don't know myself, when ever I look at him I just feel like I belong 

• 1467 posts
    March 14, 2015 5:29 PM EDT

It's the hat I reckon...

• 367 posts
    March 14, 2015 7:52 PM EDT

Veezara, but then I’m bias. The rest are nothing but prey. My game has a few mods so I'm always descending upon the sanctuary with a few of my werewolf pals. The only one I don’t feed off is Cicero. I’m a carnivore, he’s way too nutty for my taste.

• 63 posts
    March 14, 2015 9:27 PM EDT

yea, he is crazy.  but you gotta admit his voice actor though...

• 457 posts
    March 15, 2015 1:09 PM EDT
    Even when I was experimenting with being PURE EVIL (Mason's Kingslayer) and took over the DB, I still found myself saying, "I wish I just killed all these fools right from the start." When I got the new sanctuary and upgraded the torture chamber only to find it came complete with living victims, I looked for the closest mountain of appropriate height and tossed myself off it.

I could live just fine w/out the DB... Cisero especially xD
    • 13 posts
    March 15, 2015 1:44 PM EDT

Poor Cicero, I love spare his life just to watch the dialoque where seems that he want to kill you but suddenly says: nah, was joking.

• 4 posts
    March 15, 2015 2:19 PM EDT

Live

• 161 posts
    March 15, 2015 3:24 PM EDT

I Like to bring him around with Lucian. The Murderous Trio. The Fool/Keeper, The Listener and The Ghost.

• 4 posts
    March 15, 2015 10:46 PM EDT

It's been ages since I've played an assassin. When I do though, I usually kill him. He's so annoying, every time I hear him speak, the urge to stab him in the face increases. I might try letting him live next time though, just to see what happens.