Forums » Elder Scrolls

So, What do you name your enchanted items?

• 367 posts
    March 20, 2015 2:33 PM EDT

I have a spear mod which gives me a daedric spear. Its got the Chaos enchant and fiery soultrap. I call it Soulstorm. My Dragonbone one handed axe is called spirit. (Same enchants).

Going on a slight tangent, my Familiar's referred to as 'Boy' while My flaming Familiar is 'Girl'. I don't use the others.

• March 20, 2015 5:26 PM EDT

Repentance: Silver Sword enchanted with Banish and Turn Undead. I mainly use this Enchantment for Healers/Mages.

Dagon's Wrath: Daedric Sword enchanted with Fire damage and Fiery Soul Trap. I mainly use this for more evil characters.

Sheogorath's Fury: Ebony Dagger enchanted with Chaos damage and Fear. Used mostly for Illutionist or Mage characters.

• 404 posts
    March 20, 2015 5:32 PM EDT
    Great names bud.
    • 30 posts
    March 21, 2015 6:55 AM EDT
    Currently re-working my battlemage sells word build to make it more "elemental".
    Adopting the witcher approach for my replay.

My main weapon is a fiery soul trap & frost enchanted sky forge steel sword beauty named "Rimefang"

My secondary weapon is a fiery soul trap and fire enchanted silver sword decimator of the undead named "flameswrath"
    • 485 posts
    March 21, 2015 4:29 PM EDT
    I try to make the name of the weapon or item relate to what it does. For my shadowcaster I enchanted a blades sword with absorb magicka and named it "spell thief".
    • 4 posts
    June 27, 2015 7:16 PM EDT
    For Angarad, my Orsimer War-Disciple of Trinimac, I named her Flaming Stamina-Stealing Headsman's Axe "The Pride Of Battle", and her Health-Regen Magic Resistance necklace "The Sentinel's Gift".
    • 133 posts
    June 28, 2015 9:18 AM EDT
    I have an ebony war axe enchanted with high level frost called 'DragonScythe.'
    • 394 posts
    June 28, 2015 9:20 AM EDT

I start out with appropriate names, like Van Helsing's / Buffy's / Robin Hood's whatever. When I run out if them I'll use characters form whatever TV I'm watching. There as lot of rings around here with names like Jon Snow, Ygritte, Little Sam, for instance. Then it's whatever artist is on shuffle play on my 'phone

I once had fun trying to find famous fish to name rings of underwater breathing 

• 739 posts
    June 28, 2015 9:26 AM EDT

Beautiful...

• 485 posts
    June 28, 2015 9:36 AM EDT

Somehow I knew this thread would come back to life.

• 739 posts
    June 28, 2015 9:51 AM EDT

Bridget did own a gun she called 'Whore Ripper', but I had to take it off her after she tried to shoot Britney for taking her pants without asking.

• 203 posts
    June 28, 2015 6:01 PM EDT

What Curse said

• 77 posts
    June 28, 2015 9:16 PM EDT
    I usually draw inspiration from other sources.
    A sword called Skarbrand with fire and fiery souls
    Twin swords called Icingdeath and Twinkle with frost and lighting
    A glass dagger called Glitterfang with lighting etc
  • July 4, 2015 3:25 AM EDT

A lot of mine end up being Character's Item, but I do have two I'm fairly proud of.

Alduins Tooth - Dragon bone dagger with fire damage

Bloodsuckers Bane - An fiery axe used only on the undead. I forget what it was made from

• 224 posts
    July 19, 2015 2:39 AM EDT

I always put funny names, lol

• July 19, 2015 3:23 AM EDT

The gear I always make names depending on what I'm playing as like Volkihar Gauntlets, Legate Armor etc.

But the weapons I have a strict only black soul gems policy so I have to insert the name of whatever persons soul is inside the gem to the weapon name. Example:

Step 1: Murder Ulthgerd the Unbroken

Step 2: Capture her soul in a Black Soul gem

Step 3: Use her soul to enchant a Steel Sword and call it Unbroken Steel Sword or simply Ulthgerd and place it in a rack so you remember you killed her to enchant a weapon you never even use. 

• 18 posts
    July 28, 2015 12:14 AM EDT

I like to draw on the languages from the works of J.R.R Tolkien for my weapon names. For example, "Charcauth". It's Sindarin Elvish for "War fang". With armor I usually go with something that belies its' use, or give it a name that implies that it's no ordinary armor. Like for the Dawnguard light armor, I named it "Rohhirim [armor piece]". Hmmm... maybe I should work on some LOTR based builds...