Forums » Elder Scrolls

So, What do you name your enchanted items?

• 93 posts
    March 8, 2015 12:01 PM EDT

When I played a heavy RP run with Alcarien as the Dragonborn, I had him enchant all pieces of his Blades armor, and named them Dova(h) + Dragon Tongue word for the item.

So, the helmet was Dovahklov (Dragon + Head) and gauntlets were Dovahaal (Dragon + Hand)

It was a fun system, and it fit the character,so I quite enjoyed it.

Also, on my Dawnguard character, he named his Crossbow enchanted with fire damage "Bloodbane" which is maybe kinda lame, but I thought it was cool.

• 168 posts
    March 8, 2015 1:44 PM EDT

Fabulous Necklace of Awesomeness - A necklace with Fortify Magicka + Fortify Alteration made with the soul of Arcano. I chose this name because I saw a picture of Arcano saying "Bitch, I'm fabulous".

Silver-Blood Heirloom - A silver ring with Fortify Magicka + Fortify Magicka Regeneration made with the soul of Thonar Silver-Blood.

King Slayer - A Stalthrim greatsword with Chaos Damage + Absorb Health made with the soul of Ulfric. How he managed to escape Soul Cairn and reach Sovngarde is beyond me.

Thalmor KillJoy - An Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow with Chaos Damage + Absorb Health made with the soul of Galmar. I got this name because Galmar kills Ondolemar if Markarth become a Stormcloak territory, although this scene was cut from the game. How Galmar managed to escape Soul Cairn and reach Sovngarde with Ulfric is beyond me.

Children of Sithis circlet/robe/boots/gloves/necklace/ring/great sword - Basic enchanted mage outfit made with the souls of the Dark Brotherhood members + Grelod the Kind. I'm currently using this gear to play Ben C build Hist Mage.

• March 8, 2015 2:00 PM EDT
    I had a Stalhrim dagger named Frostbite, and a Dragonbone great sword called Epilogue. Other stuff I named, but I don't think I ever enchanted them. Just rp names.
  • March 8, 2015 2:04 PM EDT

Epilogue is a great name.

• 2 posts
    March 8, 2015 2:07 PM EDT

I tend to name my current equipment in the theme of Garson <Object> of the <(Adjective) Noun>.
    For example, Garson Blade of the Burning Soul. Or Garson Greaves of the Elements.

• 100 posts
    March 8, 2015 2:14 PM EDT
    Oh yeah.. Terminus Est, meaning this is the end, or, this is the dividing line. It was an awesome great sword in Gene Wolfes Book of the New Sun. It had a hollow spine wherein was contained a mercury like substance that shifted when the sword was handled, making it "Easy to ascend, weighty to descend". It was an executioners sword- but the main char still handled it like a fighting blade. Such a cool name for Silver Greatswords IMO
    • 404 posts
    March 8, 2015 2:59 PM EDT
    Lol
    • 237 posts
    March 8, 2015 3:03 PM EDT
    Fear the Penetrator! :P
    • 100 posts
    March 8, 2015 3:08 PM EDT
    The Eternal Crescent? Constantly fueling up for power attacks with each landed attack, I'm thinking it would be both a name for the sword and its technique.
    • 63 posts
    March 8, 2015 3:36 PM EDT

i named my Magic damage warhammer "Type Zero Magic Crusher"

also had a great sword named "Lycanthrape" once :3

• 1217 posts
    March 8, 2015 3:42 PM EDT
    These threads are so fun :)
    • 1217 posts
    March 8, 2015 3:45 PM EDT
    Is Crozier Arcanum referencing Warhammer at all? Crozius(croziers) are common Inquisitor weapons.
    • 1217 posts
    March 8, 2015 3:47 PM EDT
    I recall these from the story. Epilogue melting gouges in stone and such.
    • 485 posts
    March 8, 2015 3:52 PM EDT

I know. You've all come up with some cool ideas. 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    March 8, 2015 3:54 PM EDT

I've made enchanted an ebony dagger with paralyze and absorb health. Sting.

I actually never use weapons since I'm a mage, and I usually need to enchant my gear quickly before my potions run out, so I don't get to name them very often. I tend to, when naming gear, use the same starting word so everything is lined up perfectly in my inventory and I don't have to sort through my crap to equip different sets.

I'll wear the Archmage's Robes, and I'll enchant some Thalmor Gloves/Boots, ring, necklace, circlet "Archmage's _______".

A Daedric Warhammer named "Grond" with a Fire Enchant and Drain Stamina would be cool.

• 133 posts
    March 8, 2015 6:22 PM EDT

Well thank goodness for this thread, cause NoHippiesAllowed and I have some fabulous ones...

Me Pimp Hand - a glorious golden ring of unarmed damage, for keeping the wenches in line.

The Potion-Makers Bird-hat - a steel plate helm of alchemy, it was just beautimus.

The Blang Rang - another ring, with some sort of gem in it, I believe it was fortify destruction

• 2 posts
    March 9, 2015 3:36 AM EDT
    Yu-Gi-Oh!!!!! :D
    • 1595 posts
    March 9, 2015 5:29 AM EDT

I once had a magic greatsword called Jock,

I used it in a fight at Dive Rock.

Vigdis was impressed,

When she heard of my prowess,

I said "you should what I can do with my cock!"

Honestly, I am terrible at naming magic items. It just seems silly, sometimes. I respect the imaginative names I've seen on the blog, but generally I agree with The Hound:

• 237 posts
    March 9, 2015 5:53 AM EDT

A few specific weapons I've made:

Axe of the Psycho: Fire + fear woodcutter axe

The Tickler: Paralyze + shock iron dagger

Artificer's Hammer: Notched pickaxe + fiery soul trap dragonbone mace

Catastrophe: Fire + shock elven bow

Perfect Storm: Frost + shock elven bow

Apocalypse: Chaos + frost stalhrim bow

• 485 posts
    March 9, 2015 10:20 AM EDT
    Pretty practical I suppose. But doesn't that get dull after a while?
    • 2 posts
    March 9, 2015 1:22 PM EDT

I would reply but there are children present.

• Jen
    • 88 posts
    March 9, 2015 1:56 PM EDT

I tend to name my weapons after what I consider my character's primary title. A few examples...Bow of the Listener, Archmage's Curse, Harbinger's Wrath. 

• 5 posts
    March 9, 2015 11:04 PM EDT

I mash keys and then add vowels.

ovnewdp

Ovnewdop

• 404 posts
    March 9, 2015 11:25 PM EDT
    Awesome, I love the woodcutters axe's name.
    • 58 posts
    March 10, 2015 6:41 AM EDT
    My enchanted item well be a luxurious amulet that will add 100% attraction and 100% respect and money increase and 100% discount's