Forums » Elder Scrolls

Season Unending.... no, seriously, it's not ending. It's not eve

• 125 posts
    March 7, 2015 3:54 PM EST

So on my latest playthrough I made a fatal mistake: I joined the Stormcloaks right in the middle of the main storyline, when I'm supposed to arrange a peace treaty between the Empire and the Stormcloaks. My character has the Jagged Crown, but decided not to give it to Ulfric until the dragon situation is dealt with. So I arranged the meeting, took my seat, waited for everyone to arrive.... and then they just stood there, looking at each other.

I don't want to start all over, but I can't progress either in the main storyline OR in the civil war! HELP!

• March 7, 2015 4:12 PM EST
    That's weird. Can you talk to any of them? Reload a previous save?
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    March 7, 2015 4:16 PM EST

You dun fucked up. Load to an earlier save.

• 125 posts
    March 7, 2015 4:56 PM EST

I can talk to the NPCs there, but they only offer stationary comments. No conversations options available. And as for loading a previous save... I'm afraid that's not possible because I regularly saved over the last one I'd made with the character, Frankly, I think the only thing I can do is finish Season Unending via console commands.

• 125 posts
    March 7, 2015 4:57 PM EST

I wish I could. Unfortunately I've been overwriting my old saves with this character. -Sighs- I guess all I can do now is finish Season Unending via console commands.

• March 7, 2015 5:23 PM EST
    What, even the autosaves?
    • 88 posts
    March 7, 2015 5:26 PM EST

Try advancing it with the console

Find the appropiate stage at the bottom hereĀ http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Season_Unending

• 125 posts
    March 7, 2015 5:28 PM EST

The autosaves were spent trying to wait and leave/return in order to take down the glitch.

• 125 posts
    March 7, 2015 5:28 PM EST

Much obliged!

• March 7, 2015 5:31 PM EST
    Well, then my advice is to take the lesson and rotate four or five saves. That way, you don't fill up you save folder but can still jump back a awhile when you need to.
    • 125 posts
    March 7, 2015 5:33 PM EST

I'll definitely put that suggestion to use from here on out.

• 1217 posts
    March 7, 2015 5:34 PM EST

Yeah, each of my characters rotates 3 saves, and occasionally a fourth if I'm testing something.

• 125 posts
    March 7, 2015 5:35 PM EST

I'm wishing I'd thought to do that. D:

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    March 8, 2015 12:01 AM EST

I used to do that too until I ran into a game-breaking glitch like this. I play on xbox, unfortunately.