Forums » The Lounge

Most Played Difficulty?

• 9 posts
    February 27, 2015 12:15 AM EST
    You do get tired of spending 20 minutes getting chased around objects, back peddling, and running around in circles hacking away. Remembering where all the traps are to lead multiple deathlords back to, then accidently step on a switch and get KO'd by a spikewall... After taking out a cpl then having to revert back to a auto-save just to try to do it all over again...
    • 9 posts
    February 27, 2015 12:19 AM EST
    I need to get a PC so I can see what all the hype is about legendary. I got a Xbox 360, master is as high as I can go and it sometimes seems a little much for me. I bet legendary would make me want to pull my hair out.
    • 9 posts
    February 27, 2015 12:23 AM EST
    I always need a meat should on master. I don't go for conjuration too much though.
    • 253 posts
    February 27, 2015 12:33 AM EST

It's not too bad, you just need a good build or a well leveled crafting skill or two.

• February 27, 2015 12:39 AM EST

PFFFF, "It's not too bad". Please, the enemy having 3.0xdmg modifier is not "too bad"?!

Call me insane, but I disagree! 

• 9 posts
    February 27, 2015 12:46 AM EST
    IDK, I think I agree. plus you do .25 dmg i believe, having to whack a 4 ft long venomfang skeever 20+ times with a war hammer, would seem a little much...
    • 622 posts
    February 27, 2015 12:52 AM EST

Daedric warhammer

• 9 posts
    February 27, 2015 12:54 AM EST
    Enchanted
    • 253 posts
    February 27, 2015 1:19 AM EST

With alchemy looping.

• Fil
    • 1 posts
    February 27, 2015 2:27 AM EST
    That's definetly true! I use to play on Adept not only because I'm not such a great player, but because in Skyrim the difficulty hit only some aspects of the game. It only influences damage given/taken. Illusionists and conjurers (for example) are not touched from that, and this seems unfair to me.
    • 2 posts
    February 27, 2015 10:52 AM EST

I play any build on Legendary, except  Warrior builds. Any mage, any Archery, any Assassin, any distance fight build are OK for legendary.  Assassin is a close contact build, but 6x and 15x modifiers make fights easier. Warrior builds are Ok on Master but any crafting skill, they depend on, should be finish around lvl 20+. To me hitting a regular enemy with Warhammer 5+ times doesn’t make sense, and that is Legendary.

If we like to enjoy the story, role play, levels lower then Master are better. We focus less on making, fulfilling goals, avoiding certain places, fighting for survival.  

• 11 posts
    February 27, 2015 2:34 PM EST

I usually play on Master, just because I feel anything below this difficulty is too easy..... That sure wasn't the case a couple of years ago when I started playing Skyrim.

• 237 posts
    February 27, 2015 4:47 PM EST

Adept, always and forever.

Artificially adjusting damage to/from the player and the player alone creates logical inconsistencies, and encourages power gaming and emphasis on specific combat tactics (stealth archery, paralysis, conjuration, illusion, etc.) over just enjoying the game any way you want.

That said, if I always perked Enchanting on every character I ever played, I would probably increase the difficulty to keep things from being too easy.

• February 27, 2015 4:57 PM EST

You got some good points there, but where is the challenge? I don't want to be rude, but Adept isn't hard. Yes, you could play anyways you want, but what's the point when every enemy falls from you blowing in there general direction?

• 627 posts
    February 27, 2015 5:04 PM EST

Not everyone plays for the challenge, some people prefer to roleplay their characters and that can be easier on the lower difficulties, depending on the character.

• 145 posts
    February 27, 2015 6:31 PM EST
    I'm not great at Skyrim, even though I've been playing it for years, so I usually keep it on Adept, occasionally bumping it up to Expert when I see fit.
    • 224 posts
    February 27, 2015 11:17 PM EST

I play Legendary, my game says Legendary, maybe that is because Im from Chile

• 237 posts
    February 27, 2015 11:22 PM EST

I often play no-crafting builds, and enemies very sharply scale in both hit points and damage.  Go into a "level 6" dungeon where it takes you 15 two-handed power attacks to kill one of the bandits, and he can kill you in a single hit at 150 hp, and then you don't feel like Adept isn't hard anymore.

Plus yeah, role-playing becomes very difficult due to level scaling, and add to that PC mods that make enemies actually intelligent, and Adept starts to feel just fine.

• 18 posts
    February 28, 2015 8:45 AM EST

I play on Master mostly because I made the commitment to test builds out to see if they're viable on that difficulty. I'll push it up to Legendary if the build turns out to be too powerful. I'm proud to say that I've had to lower the difficulty only once out of 11 builds, and that was during the fight with Antioch in the Undeath mod. My god that guy is OP!

• February 28, 2015 9:19 AM EST

Whatever the default is...adept I think.

• February 28, 2015 2:51 PM EST

I play on Adept most of the time. The way difficulty works is that on Novice, you dea x2 damage while only taking half damage, on Apprentice you deal x1.5 and only take 0.75 in return, on Adept you deal and take x1 damage, on Expert you only deal 0.75 damage but take 1.5 in return, on Master you only deal 0.5 damage but take x2 in return, and on Legendary you only deal x0.25 but take x3 in return. Adept is basically the middle of the group, and it's probably the easiest way of working out damage taken/damage dealt.

• February 28, 2015 2:53 PM EST

Novice? When last I checked, that was the default, although that was quite a while ago.