Forums » General Gaming

Regrets

• 577 posts
    February 23, 2012 7:45 PM EST

What are some regrets on games you have purchased? You know, the ones you're on the fence about and go out and spend $60 and then totally hate it. Or just wing it and buy something you have no idea about and turns out horrible? And what happens next? Do you return it for credit and put the money in an 'up and coming' game that you know you'll love?Or do you hold on to games no matter what?(hundreds just collecting dust) I bought Left4Dead when it came out and maybe played 1hr of it. Totally didn't appeal to me. Mainly purchased it to expand my co-op playing with another friend. He wasn't into it either. I returned it for trade in. I also got The Sabatour and when I finished it, it just sat there for ever, so I traded that one too(I don't do this to all my games, just ones that really don't have alot of replay value)

Personally I'll buy used games if that will catch my eye. I even like the $9.99 bin! You can't go wrong with that...

• 12 posts
    February 23, 2012 7:49 PM EST

Call of Duty: Blackops. I just never could get the hang of it. I only played the Campaign and a little zombies and that's it. I traded it in for Just Cause 2 which is a great game.

• February 23, 2012 7:52 PM EST

I don't tend to buy that many games, so when I do it...I do it right! =P

My biggest regret was Dead or Live 4 (I think that's the name of it)

Chinese fight game, in which you just had to press all the controller keys as fast as you could! Just...awful!   

• February 23, 2012 8:10 PM EST

I thought Dead or Alive was a zombie shooter game?

And in fight games it isn't button mashing - it's learning the combinations and executing them quickly and correctly.

• February 23, 2012 8:12 PM EST

I usually extensively research any game I'm going to get before buying it. (Well, except for games like Skyrim - which I pretty much know are going to be great) This is increased again by the fact that I am a PC gamer and I pretty much always get games online so I can't just hop in the nearest gamestop and end up buying some random game that looks cool. Though when I was a console gamer I remember that I used to give away games and then like half a year later I'd want to play one of the games I got rid of. Have been very careful after 3 or 4 times of that.

As for Regretful purchases... Well I'd have to say that 2 Worlds was pretty dissapointing - I only played it for a little bit and ended up just returning it (This was when I was a console gamer btw). Borderlands was fun but the ending was horrible (I don't know if I'll return that one as I still play it with my bro sometimes). Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - I had rented it before and liked it and when I went to buy it for original Xbox I guess it was actually for 360 (I still have an Xbox for nostalgic reasons and play games from time to time) I think I still have at least 1 other... I remember shelling out a bunch of games for Munch's Oddysee which was a game I had played awhile back and wanted to play again. The sound ended up not working/random bugs/I got stuck on a level... haven't gone back yet. That's most of them I think.

• 577 posts
    February 23, 2012 9:13 PM EST

I would agree about the zombies. The rest just doesn't do it for me. Loved mw2 and mw3 is alright....Black opps multi seemed too 'sticky' and slow for me. Couldn't put my finger on why i didn't really like it. Keep it for zombies...

• 577 posts
    February 23, 2012 9:23 PM EST

Ugh...Two Worlds sucks bigtime. Even after all the reviews and gameplay I still bought it. I was fiending for an adventure game...bummer. Borderlands has got some legs. Did campaign once, little co-op, thats it. I'll keep that one...