Forums » Elder Scrolls

Creepiest and Most Scary Experiences

• 16 posts
    November 19, 2014 10:06 AM EST

Okay so after a super creepy experience I had this weekend (I'll tell you the story in a bit) I decides to ask you guys what your most scary stories are. 

Here is mine, writing this is giving me chills by the way. 

Okay so this weekend I stayed at my girlfriends place for a night and we were home alone. Winter is growing closer and closer and therefor the weather is crappy and grey; the first autumn storms are starting to come and it's been raining a lot recently.

Anyways Im at my girlfriends house, outside a storm has begun so its raining and blowing and we have just gone to bed. After a while my girlfriend falls a sleep but for some reason I can't. Sometime later I'm laying there half asleep when I start hearing this faint metallic scraping sound, like when you scratch a peace of rusty metal with a stick, at first I hardly notice it because of tiredness, but after two minutes or so it starts to irritate me...

So I get up, slowly not to wake my GF, and start sneaking down the steps into the living room where the sound is coming from. The sound stops as I am in the kitchen but is soon replaced by a quiet bumping sound (like when punching sand), I quietly walk to the door of my GF's farther's office, this is where the sound is coming from, then I open the door a little, just enough so I could peak through.

What I saw made me freak out; some man right on the other side of the window was crouched on the grass (keep in mind that this is 1 in the morning and storming outside and very dark) fiercely slamming the wet grass with his fist. I didn't know what to do, so I snuck back up to my girlfriend, woke her and told her to be quiet and follow.

The scraping sound had begun again and as looked at the window we can see the guy, now with a crowbar, trying to open one of the windows. Im 17 and my gf is 16 and for some reason we decided not to call the police.

You should think that I would be sacred shitless at this point, which I probably also was, but most of all I was mad, red hot and furious; we turned on the lights and slammed open the door to the office with bats and knives in hands.

as crazy as it may sound this is actually true. If any of you have had a break in you surely know the feeling of intrusion, well I had that feeling and it made me angry and got adrenalin pumping. 

Anyways; the guy looked up at us with a shock and stared into my face. This is the creepiest part because what I saw was a mixture of shock, desperation and some sort of complete insanity... he was smiling in some sick way that chills me to the bone. I only saw his face for the briefest of moments before he sprinted off into the dark. 

Scariest thing that ever happened to me...     

• AJ
    • 47 posts
    November 19, 2014 10:19 AM EST

Ok, here's mine.

So I was at my gf's house and we were making out when my phone rang. My dad had said he would call me later, so I thought it was him and picked up, but an angry voice ahouted: 'What are you doing with my daughter?'. I put down the phone and asked the gf why her dad was angry at me, she said: 'My dad is dead.' As I started to shit myself I screamed:

WHO

WAS

PHONE?

Also, I don't have a girlfriend.

But seriously, id your story is true, that's pretty freakin creepy. Did you call the police afterwards?

• 16 posts
    November 19, 2014 10:37 AM EST

Yeah we did but I live in Denmark which is like no the top 5 of most secure countries in the world so police rant very fast at getting out unless its something major. 

And yes it is true... or thats how I remember it anyways, does seem a bit naf written down but in real life it was SO SPOOKY! First time I ever tried something like that ever. 

• 457 posts
    November 19, 2014 10:26 PM EST

When my wife and I got our first home we lived in a pretty bad part of town (our first night in the home, just as we were starting to sleep, we heard automatic rifle fire about a couple hundred yards away). One night as we were sleeping, the Missus elbowed me in the ribs and said, "Did you hear that? There's someone in the house!"

I couldn't hear anything, so I lovingly told her to shut up and let me sleep, and then... I heard it too. Someone was definitely shifting stuff around in the front room. I get another elbow, and she hisses, "go check it out!"

I told her maybe we should flip a coin to see who checks it out, but she let me know (in no uncertain terms) that it was going to be me... always.

I was working as an armed guard at the time, so I grabbed my pistol and headed towards the front room and death. We were renovating the floor and had just removed some adhesive tiles that had been placed there in the early 70's, so the floor was extremely sticky and made a tearing sound every time I lifted my feet, and it echoed throughout the house, announcing my approach to half the neighborhood. I couldn't see anyone in the front room, so I made my way to the kitchen. I just entered, when behind me by the window next to our doorway I caught a quick flash of motion and heard something behind the drapes. I slowly, stickily, and LOUDLY approached the drapes, pulled them apart and saw... NOTHING. There was nobody there!

Then another flash of movement and a tearing sound, and I realized that it was the Christmas lights my wife had taped up to the inside of our windows. The tape was giving way, and the lights were slowly falling failed piece of tape by failed piece of tape. Of course I told the Missus that I chased the intruder away, but she was able to piece it all together by the time I got back.

• 249 posts
    November 19, 2014 10:41 PM EST
    Hahaha #Jinmoments

You should have your own weekly featured anecdote.
    • 74 posts
    November 20, 2014 1:01 AM EST

I was walking late one night in a Scottish town, trying to clear my head of some relationship drama, when another young man scrambled around the corner of a building with his eyes wide in terror. He stumbled right into me, grabbed me by my shirt before I could find my balance, and yelled something to the effect of, "DON'T LET IT GET ME, IT'S RIGHT BEHIND ME!" before letting go and running away as fast as his legs could carry him.

I was pretty freaked out, but of course I poked my head around the corner... as far as I could tell there was nothing there out of the ordinary, but that particular stretch of street did have a reputation for hauntings. Drugs seems more likely, though.

• 457 posts
    November 20, 2014 2:19 PM EST

All my stories make me look like an idiot... my ego couldn't handle a weekly feature xD

• 185 posts
    November 20, 2014 7:31 PM EST
    Here's mine
    I was young, at my home with my mother, the lights turn off, I go to the kitchen and see a... Thing there.
    It wore a black robe.
    It was floating.
    Floating.
    I broke and Cried for hours, my mom came running to find me crying and screaming at the floor in an empty kitchen.
    • 457 posts
    November 20, 2014 11:10 PM EST
    That's pretty darn creepy, Loz :o
  • November 29, 2014 11:30 PM EST

One night while walking to work I saw something. I was on a road with no streetlights so it was pretty dark. I looked up at the night sky just in time to see the clouds part to reveal the full moon. I thought to myself, "That's so cool, just like in werewolf movies." Then I looked ahead of me and saw a large hunched over creature with glowing eyes and thought, "What the @#&% is that?!"  After a second I realized it was a deer. Due to tricks of light, it just looked really scary.