Forums » Elder Scrolls

Morrowind!!

• 16 posts
    February 21, 2012 4:46 PM EST
    Ive put around 1800 hours into elder scrolls games (oblivion and skyrim) since I was 10. But I havent had a chance to play Morrowind. Should I get it? 
    • 708 posts
    February 21, 2012 4:58 PM EST

It's a very different game from Oblivion and Skyrim but I much preferred it over the former. Alot of my friends have played the two most recent games and they simply can't get into Morrowind because of the odd combat system and graphics.

• 773 posts
    February 21, 2012 5:07 PM EST

The simple answer is "Yes', with the rider that you really need to play on PC.

Bearing in mind that Morrowind is now ten years old, you need a slew of mods to bring Morrowind up to scratch graphically and gameplay wise. Hence the need for PC. It would seem terribly dated now on a console.

The easiest way to massively improve the look of Morrowind is with the Morrowind 2011 Graphical Project

Bear in mind, however, that there are a few thing hard-coded into Morrowind that are almost impossible to improve - such as the stiff combat and character animations. Also there's very little voice acting.