Forums » General Gaming

Oblivion or Skyrim

• 43 posts
    September 25, 2014 5:27 AM EDT

What game is better in your opinion, I think that Oblivion has a better range of weapons, spells and armour but skyrim has some better skills like smithing. 

And if there was to be a New offline elder scrolls game what do you think they should add or leave out of it ?
    e.g. they should add the skill mystics  

• 14 posts
    September 25, 2014 7:27 AM EDT

I find hard to define either as better when looking at each game. Oblivions Had a larger range of items overall, had better quest lines for every guild (I mean come on, the thieves guild made you do actual thievery to continue) as well as a better main story and 2  huge DLCs. However, its skill systems were sub standard, particularly if your looking at alchemy, its skill selection system was bull and its levelling system was crap. That compared to skyrims cut down and flexible skill tree and its better spell casting, leveling and crafting systems, its better graphics and voices, and its unique landscape kind of put them on par with each other.

• 43 posts
    September 25, 2014 8:37 AM EDT

Yes but skyrim also cut out some of the skills used in oblivion, something I wouldn't mind seeing is a skill tree just for necromancy