Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which is better, Heavy armor or Light armor?

• September 19, 2014 9:19 PM EDT

I want to see everyone's opinion on this discussion, so which is better, Heavy armor or Light armor? 

• September 19, 2014 11:50 PM EDT

I don't really notice much difference between the two. I'm generally more concerned with the look. One character I have switches depending on what faction he's questing for.

• September 19, 2014 11:55 PM EDT

Like full Imperial armor for the Empire and Stormcloak armor for the Stormcloaks?

• September 20, 2014 3:40 PM EDT

He fights with the Imperials, but yeah pretty much. Wolf armor for the Companion Quest, Robes for the College, Thieves armor for Thieves Guild, ect. I based him loosely on the Lord Black-Briar build. He tries to have his hand in every pie in Skyrim while maintaining a respectable image.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 20, 2014 4:58 PM EDT
    It really comes down to appearance in Skyrim. Perks, smithing, and alchemy render the min/max aspects moot. I personally find more of the heavy armors attractive, but I like a badass looking character. I go with what feels good for my character.

If anything it comes down to mobility and speed.
    • 585 posts
    September 20, 2014 5:05 PM EDT
    My favourite armour is light, Leather Armour (minus the helmet), but I generally prefer heavy armours, especially Orcish and Iron. There isn't a lot of choice for Light Armours, you can have bright, elegant armour, or simple and not very protective armour.
    • 75 posts
    September 20, 2014 5:23 PM EDT

I always end up wearing heavy armour anyway, but I still prefer it for looks more than anything else.

• September 22, 2014 1:48 PM EDT

Does anyone like light/heavy armor for stats?

• 11 posts
    September 22, 2014 3:23 PM EDT

The only light armor I like is Nightingale

• 78 posts
    September 22, 2014 3:33 PM EDT

Light Armor or no armor. Heavy armor just cheats death and I am not fucking afraid of death. Also, berserkers.

• 1 posts
    September 24, 2014 5:14 PM EDT
    I tend to make heavy use of (modded and slightly more powerful but balanced version of) Vampire Lord from the Dawnguard DLC, thus I decided that I didn't need the protection heavy armour provided, as it, as far as I know, doesn't affect VL form. Because of this I use Light armour for mobility so that I can get the breathing space to change to VL form before finishing whatever it was that was foolish enough to attack me off.
    • 2 posts
    September 24, 2014 8:28 PM EDT

I always went light armor. They look better than heavy armor and the stats are almost the same anyway. 

• September 25, 2014 1:24 AM EDT

But light has less armor stats.