Forums » Elder Scrolls

Would You Join Miraak?

• February 24, 2015 12:47 AM EST

I'd join him. I actually roleplayed as joining Ancano once, so Id deffinently join Miraak.

• 161 posts
    February 26, 2015 7:09 AM EST
    I would help a Dragonborn out but if he's tried anything funny Im not afraid to fight. But I do admit it would be cool to be like Dragonborn brothers and be unstoppable, just walking around Skyrim LIKE A BOSS!
  • February 26, 2015 8:17 PM EST

This is a tough question, because on one hand, Mora is one of my favorite Daedric princes and I would rather not piss him off; on the other hand, Miraak could teach an entirely different (and, in my opinion, equally legitimate, due to the fact that he was the first Dragonborn) combatative side of the voice.

• February 26, 2015 8:24 PM EST

-Honey, I'm home! 

-Greetings, Dragonborn.

-What's for dinner? I'm famished from determining the fate of Skyrim all day!

-Tonight, I've made roast dragon.

-My favorite!

Dear, I do wish you wouldn't wear your mask at the table. 

• February 26, 2015 8:25 PM EST

It would be really cool, however, to have Miraak as a follower and have a duo consisting of both the first and last (supposedly) dragonborn.

• 58 posts
    March 4, 2015 5:29 AM EST

If Miraak know's how to make bussines am in cause a man gotta do what he gotta do.CAPISCE.

• 1 posts
    March 4, 2015 7:22 PM EST
    But killing Miraak is fun. Letting him live and making an alliance with him means I can't have that cool fight against him. That and defying Mora is just silly. Also, first post. Hi community.
    • 1217 posts
    March 4, 2015 7:34 PM EST

I think plots where you spend all your time undoing the villains work just to join them at the end are kind of goofy. If you could, at the end, convince Miraak to join you, then I'd be okay with that option. But after destroying his cult and all his little mind control shrines, etc. it doesn't make much sense to be like "You know what? I think you had the right of it after all." 

Quick question, though: what is it people hope to learn from Miraak? He doesn't actually teach anything and I find it highly likely that anything he knows about being Dragonborn that you don't, he learned from Hermaeus Mora (the one who actually teaches you Dragonborn stuff, I might add). The only power I can remember Miraak exhibiting that no one teaches to the Dragonborn is consuming a dragon's soul directly for health.

• 149 posts
    March 4, 2015 8:08 PM EST

Miraak, like all Dragonborn and Dragons in general, has the will to dominate. Two people with the will to dominate coming together? At some point you have to wonder if that's really a mesh worth trying to make...

• March 4, 2015 8:27 PM EST

Good point...now apply that thought to Paarthurnax. Suddenly the Blades don't seem so wrong, huh?

• 41 posts
    March 12, 2015 2:17 PM EDT
    No, because he is too arrogant. Does Miraak make sure that the Last Dragonborn is killed? No. Instead, he focuses on boosting his "power" (ego) by corrupting shrines.
  • March 13, 2015 4:21 AM EDT

Would have sided with Miraak, I really dislike Hermaeus and I think Miraak is a great character in game.

• 5 posts
    March 13, 2015 8:56 AM EDT

No, even the offer of knowing dragonborn secrets from Miraak is tempting, I will not join him. One does not simply escape from Hermaeus Mora.

And Miraak has a soul of a dragon. Dragons have a innate will to dominate, My Dragonborn wants to dominate everything in this game. It all depends on your character.