Forums » Elder Scrolls

What is Skyrim to you?

• 16 posts
    September 10, 2014 2:41 PM EDT

Okay so with the new banner competition coming up I thought it would be good inspiration to hear what Skyrim is / means to folks; what defines Skyrim as a whole for you? what makes you enjoy it? when you think Skyrim, what is the first image that pops op in your mind?   

If you feel like you have any other help to offer or advice, then leave it as a comment below or PM me 

• September 11, 2014 7:26 PM EDT

Skyrim = you.

• 75 posts
    September 11, 2014 7:49 PM EDT

Skyrim for me is just a way I can escape into my favourite genre of gaming and relax. When I think Skyrim, I think adventure, and really, what makes me enjoy it is how I'm free to do whatever I want, no restrictions.

• 40 posts
    September 17, 2014 7:18 PM EDT

Fantastic world to get lost in and a bottomless time sink.

And what Riggzon said:

what makes me enjoy it is how I'm free to do whatever I want, no restrictions.

Sandbox + no character class restrictions = fun for me

• 93 posts
    September 17, 2014 7:36 PM EDT

Escapism for sure. I love a good fantasy story, like ASOIAF and LotR, but when you've read those and have no other ideas, Skyrim is always there at your fingertips to craft your own story. It's a way to exercise my creativity, to play with character ideas that won't get out of my head.

It's all about the landscape, the people, the scale of it all, at least to me. It's very romantic, adventurous, but can also be peaceful and serene and domestic. I don't know. It just kind of is what I want it to be at different times.