Forums » Elder Scrolls

Modders: Which mods could you not do without?

• 253 posts
    September 14, 2014 1:37 PM EDT

iHUD, where have you been all my life?

• 33 posts
    September 14, 2014 4:44 PM EDT

SKSE (duh), Frostfall, RND, SkyUI, iHUD, Wet and Cold, Immersive Armors, Dual Sheath Redux, Duel Combat Realism v5, Winter is coming - Cloaks, the Unofficial Patches. These are the most important mods for me. I could also mention the recently taken down Climate Overhaul - Winter mod. Paired with Frostfall it makes Skyrim an even harsher place, and since it completely changes the areas that weren't covered in snow before, it makes Skyrim feel fresh. Oh, and due to the amount of times I've been killmoved at high difficulties Violens has became an essential mod for me (you can finally toggle Player killmove immunity).

As for graphical mods I love Kinematic Enb and ELFX combined (interior module only), and also most of the popular high-res retexture mods (Skyrim 2K, Amidianborn, SMIM etc.)

• 158 posts
    September 14, 2014 8:52 PM EDT

Requiem is a great mod, it's just so infuriating. Yet so rewarding. But I hate it so much. But I also love it. 

I think I'll stick with SkyRe

• 75 posts
    September 15, 2014 2:22 AM EDT

Calipers, they're a must.

• 16 posts
    September 15, 2014 9:36 AM EDT

I will definitely be trying this out once I eventually finish a proper play through.
    Have you found any mods which tend to go hand-in-hand with Alternative Start?

• 16 posts
    September 15, 2014 9:37 AM EDT

What is Requiem's goal as a mod?

• 33 posts
    September 15, 2014 10:30 AM EDT

How could I forget this, Skyrim feels bland and empty without this mod. It truly is game changing 

• 75 posts
    September 15, 2014 10:52 AM EDT

What about the HD Bed Pillows couldn't sleep without those either. 

• 33 posts
    September 15, 2014 1:10 PM EDT
    Oh god that makes rented rooms so immersive I can almost feel my head touching the pillow when my character sleeps :P Have you tried the HD silverware mod? I can't enter the jarl's palace without that installed, it's an all time must have for anyone who wants the best Skyrim experience :D
    • 16 posts
    September 15, 2014 1:24 PM EDT

I wish there were a way to 'like' or '<3' individual comments. :p

• 10 posts
    September 15, 2014 4:07 PM EDT

"Requiem started as a personal project to turn Skyrim into more of a(n) (oldschool) semi-realistic roleplaying experience..."

Straight off the Nexus page.

• 16 posts
    September 15, 2014 4:13 PM EDT

This is the compatibility list. I was looking at it but figured I'd link for anybody watching this conversation.

Unfortunately I have mod clashes if I were to try Requiem.

• 78 posts
    September 15, 2014 4:36 PM EDT

You should take a look at the Patch Central then, if you really want to try the mod that is.

But we'll have to wait till Azirok update the patches. Requiem 1.8.1 has been released a few days ago and there is a shit load of work to be done with those patches. 

If you want Skyrim to become like Morrowind or Dark Souls, you should really give it a try.

• 75 posts
    September 15, 2014 11:15 PM EDT

Can't forget the HD Firewood, the hearths burn even better.  (In all seriousness the modding community can't stand anything that isn't in 4k textures.)