Forums » Elder Scrolls

Who do you marry or adopt?

• 194 posts
    August 30, 2014 7:32 PM EDT

Looking to start another longer playthrough with a complete feel. I typically marry Sylgja and adopt the two girls who beg in the cities because they seem the most troubled.

Can you think of an NPC for marriage more troubled than Sylgja or children more troubled than the two girls who are homeless?

• 32 posts
    August 30, 2014 8:06 PM EDT

I wish Aventus Arentino was an option to adopt. He would be an interesting child to raise.

It would be wise not to make him do any chores, lest he call on the Dark Brotherhood. :P

But to answer you're question, I usually adopt Sophie from Windhelm, an awfuly cold place to be wearing a thin dress like hers. She seems the most troubled and lonely to me. 

• 194 posts
    August 30, 2014 9:00 PM EDT

I thought about marrying the beggar in Windhelm since he's the only beggar who can be married. His dialogue was bugged and I couldn't give him a coin to open marriage options. Dear God bring me a PC for Christmas this year.

• 1217 posts
    August 30, 2014 10:10 PM EDT
    My first character married Miuri, having developed an attachment after she hires the Brotherhood. I like the voice of her character. Unfortunately, she glitches after the job and he only thing she talks about outside the dialogue menus is how grateful she is for the completed contract.

My second character enthralled and married Jordis. It was mostly a case of sociopathic infatuation. He planned to destroy Solitude, and wanted her out before then.

I have no interest in adoption, and neither do any of the characters I have planned. Marriage is probably out of the question for most characters now, too. It feels strange to do since my characters pretty much only go home to dump stuff.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    August 31, 2014 12:32 AM EDT

Only married once in a playthrough and that was to Ysolde. Fairly attractive, flirts with the Dragonborn, and knows how to make daddy some coin.

I don't really get around to doing those sorts of things. In my head, my DB sleeps around with some of the women around Skyrim, but no trips to the Temple of Mara.

• 19 posts
    August 31, 2014 12:58 AM EDT

Though I have not yet, I plan to marry Aela from the Companions. I feel that she is one of the only spouses that can equally match the strength and intelligence of the Dragonborn. Hey! Someone has to keep us in check. 

• 1217 posts
    August 31, 2014 1:17 AM EDT

Aela looks attractive, but I find her voice abrasive.

• 19 posts
    August 31, 2014 1:28 AM EDT

I can't fault you there... fortunately though, I feel it fits her persona as well. 

• 19 posts
    August 31, 2014 1:29 AM EDT

Is that what it takes? As long as it's not a dovah-bear.

• 1217 posts
    August 31, 2014 1:35 AM EDT

Aye, that it does.

• 13 posts
    August 31, 2014 1:59 AM EDT

I knew I would adopt Sofie when I found her sleeping outside on the frozen ground.  So sad!