Forums » Elder Scrolls

What features would you like to have in tes 6

• 3 posts
    August 30, 2014 4:06 AM EDT
    If you could choose what features would be put in to the next elder scrolls game!! What would they be I think it would be really cool to be able to become high king of the place that it is going to be in!! Also it would be call to own a carriage or air balloon that you can actually fly or drive in!!! Leave your ideas so I can see your opinion on it!
    • 134 posts
    August 30, 2014 5:12 AM EDT

I'm going to go for simple co-op play, like Ubisoft are doing with Assassin's Creed: Unity. That mixed with the immersion, quests, etc. of TES would make it amazing.

Also, giving the player more choice, such as being able to decline certain quests after they have been started (but the player can restart it by talking to the NPC) and having multiple endings to quests.

I'd also like to see a proper war mechanic in the game, where there are vast armies fighting on the screen at once. This could be for later levels due to difficulty. Maybe an all-out war with the Thalmor would be possible, but the player can choose their side?

Finally, I'd like to have a combination of provinces  to explore, such as Elsweyr, Valenwood, the southern bit of Cyrodiil and Black Marsh, but with each area being vastly different and having a wide range of housing opportunities. Maybe there could even be different methods of fast-travel, such as riding a Senche-Tiger in Elsweyr, a rowboat in Black Marsh and the good old carriage in Cyrodiil.

• 3 posts
    August 30, 2014 6:15 AM EDT
    I agree that it would be amazing to have a massive war on like a battlefield or something were there are like hundreds of soldiers all at once that would be epic!!!!!!!
    • 33 posts
    August 30, 2014 9:22 AM EDT

Wasn't there already a huge thread about this? Why make another one? If I remember correctly it was even displayed on the main page before you made like 10 discussions today.

• August 30, 2014 9:25 AM EDT
    Cannons/gunpowder/firearms come about from a belief that all magic is evil and that is the plot of elder scrolls 6
    • 3 posts
    August 30, 2014 10:14 AM EDT
    Ok ok!! Yes I know I have made a bunch of discussions today but I just enjoy being on the site I may be a weird person but you don't have to get annoyed about it I just wanted to see people's opinions on skyrim and chat to them Please don't argue with me I don't want to get in to some kind Immature debate about how many threads have been made on this ok!!!!!!
    • 33 posts
    August 30, 2014 11:35 AM EDT

Woah, I didn't mean to be rude and I don't want to start an argument, all I said was that it was kind of pointless making another thread when there already is one with hundreds of replies. Just check if there's already a popular thread about what you want to post and keep the thread-creating down a notch, people generally don't answer questions or give their opinions on things already mentioned before.

• 133 posts
    August 30, 2014 12:09 PM EDT
    I want it to be set in valenwood and eleswyr as they seem like the only logical options (and bosmer are so cool) additionally they are both in the aldmeri dominion so there could be some kind of conflict. Like after the war in skyrim, say if the stormcloaks won then cyrodiil gets taken over by thalmor (as if they already havnt) and an uprising takes place in valenwood and elesweyr ya know? Id like to see diffrent gadgets etc maybe smoke bombs and spy glasses.
    • 194 posts
    August 30, 2014 1:27 PM EDT

Air balloon? Let's take it back to Morrowind and levitate all up in this bitch!

I'm boring and want leveling systems to be looked over. Make leveling more efficient for normal gameplay and maybe don't reward ridiculous methods of leveling such as spamming spells/attacks on Greybeards. Of course that leaves us power players in a possible awkward situation. I would REALLY like Beth to try to work in console commands into... Well... Consoles. Not sure what the limitations are but I can't really think why console commands could not be implemented. We could pull up a text screen and enter the code.

• 1441 posts
    August 30, 2014 7:58 PM EDT

I want a Second Great War, and maybe meet either an older Dragonborn, or a descendent.

• 622 posts
    August 31, 2014 3:34 AM EDT

Geez, calm down... 

• 14 posts
    August 31, 2014 4:06 AM EDT

I don;t really like the look of unity all that much..... But I do agree some form of co-op or multilayer feature would be great. However depending on how they develop it it could present a huge problem. I also think that the older weapon types should be reintroduced, along with possibility of newer ones, as the one thing that bugged me most about skyrim was the fact there was so few weapon types to choose from (Sword, war axe, mace, Greatsword[Claymore], Battle Axe, Warhammer, Bow, Crossbow).

Reintroducing the shortsword/longsword/broadsword/katana/spear/halberd etc.would be awesome.    

• 134 posts
    August 31, 2014 4:23 AM EDT

I'd agree with that, maybe new weapons could include blowpipes (for the Valenwood bit), pistols (as mentioned by Shor) and 'claws' which improve unarmed damage (Khajiit like unarmed fighting, so that's the Elsweyr bit).

• 627 posts
    August 31, 2014 4:25 AM EDT

Yea and maybe before you meet them there could be some obscure question that doesn't really seem relevant until meeting them about what you know of the Dragonborn so that the race was correct for everyone. Maybe your an Aldmeri agent tasked with hunting down them down along with their descendants or something similar for a rebel group who wants their help.

• 14 posts
    August 31, 2014 5:27 AM EDT

Good choices. Things like quarterstaves (As in like long poles used for bludgening people to death, not the magic kind) might be cool too.

• 1217 posts
    September 15, 2014 11:19 PM EDT

I'd want not only unarmed weapons, but the same enchantments for them. Flaming fists, lightning fists, soul stealing fists, it'd all be equally awesome.

• 38 posts
    September 16, 2014 12:13 AM EDT

i would want to be able to own your own shop or inn etc and if you want you could hire someone to work for you or with you.

• 41 posts
    January 6, 2015 1:34 PM EST

I want to see both heavy and light versions of all craftable armors, more weapons to craft like katanas, dai-katanas, lances, spears, bring back long and short swords and make crossbows available in each of the crafting options menu, also capes, cloaks and hoods 

• 1217 posts
    January 6, 2015 2:25 PM EST
    Perfect in conjunction with the return of unarmed and enchanted unarmed weapons would be more freedom with enchanting in general. Skill enchantments on weapons (a legendary sword that could make anyone a master swordsman, etc), weapon enchantments on certain apparel, casting on contact spells (like a cuirass with fire damage lighting up anyone that touches you, but with limited charges like any other weapon).
    • 100 posts
    January 6, 2015 3:33 PM EST

A more realistic usage of weaponry depending on its actual real life purpose. Cutting and chopping swords cut and chop, thrusting swords poke poke poke. Morrowind style. Different animations depending on the weapon type thusly. 

A fallout style damage system; kneecapping foes to make them limp after me, or near insta headshot kills. Not VATS though. And a survival setting, with eating, sleeping, etc. While all that would make a Elder Scrolls game super more involved, it needs to be done.

• 152 posts
    January 6, 2015 6:09 PM EST

Polearms of all types. I miss them, and it would give the game much more depth. Also, I want the conjuration tree and magic in general to be brought back to its righteous might. Just because it is overpowered doesn't make it wrong

• 31 posts
    January 6, 2015 7:41 PM EST

What? Where the hell would you get most of these weapons anyway? It's not like Bethesda just decides to add what they'd like in each game (They do). I mean it's not lore accurate, what Nord in Skyrim would be using a katana? 

I don't know, it's just my take on it anyway. Not being rude either just pointing it out it has to do with the area not the actual game.

• 31 posts
    January 6, 2015 7:43 PM EST

Although that would make for a great Elder Scrolls game no one will go for that as not everyone has the time to play a game so tedious to where you have to rest, eat and drink and such. Good idea's though.

• 1217 posts
    January 6, 2015 7:49 PM EST

I'm talking about enchantments. Something like a set of brass knucles isn't remotely race specific. Enchant it with ice, and you've got freezing fists. Staves, again, are in no way race specific.Most of these weapons have already appeared in TES games, so they're well within the lore. Skyrim even includes Katanas, which can absolutely be used by a Nord. The thing is Nords only represent 1/10 playable races, so there's no reason to include weapons that only they woud use.

• 41 posts
    January 6, 2015 10:18 PM EST

If I remember correctly, Fallout: New Vegas had an optional "Hardcore Mode" that forced you to eat food, drink water, and sleep. People who didn't want to play with it were able to easily turn it off, or never enable it in the first place. It would be pretty cool to have that as an option in the next Elder Scrolls game.

However my top thing would be more weapon variety in the vanilla game. Oh how much I wish I had a PC, all those mods...