Forums » The Lounge

The biggest falls from grace.

• 209 posts
    August 28, 2014 6:07 AM EDT
    Sometimes, people think they're invincible, that they will always be at the top. The world doesn't work like that, there is always change, change is the only constant.

On this day 3 years ago my beloved Manchester United beat Arsenal, another footballing Goliath, 8-2. This week we were beat 4-0 by a team 2 leagues below us called Milton Keynes Dons, I doubt you will have even heard of Milton Keynes if you aren't from the UK. This cant be called a fall from grace yet, but it is what got me thinking about them.

Empires, the British empire, the Roman empire, the Mongolian empire and the Spanish empire, all crumbled in history eventually.

Singers, actors and comedians can all be on every bodies lips one day, then fade into obscurity in an instant.

Which famous, or not so famous examples do you have of this occurrence ? There are more than a few examples in the video game industry as well.
    • 585 posts
    August 28, 2014 9:06 AM EDT
    Charlie Sheen. He's still famous, but that's because of his fall from grace because of his drug addiction.
    • 75 posts
    September 20, 2014 5:38 PM EDT

Spain and especially England in the World Cup. Still disappointed.

• 773 posts
    September 20, 2014 5:49 PM EDT
    My beloved team, the Bradford Bulls (Rugby League for the uninitiated)

Five successive Grand Finals from 2001 to 2005, plus three World Club championships

This season, relegation into the second tier Championship :(
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 20, 2014 6:00 PM EDT

If MK is correct, Men in TES.