Forums » Elder Scrolls

Unofficial DawnGuard Patch Load Order Issue

• 27 posts
    July 6, 2014 11:08 PM EDT

Hi, I hope i am asking this question in the right place. I need some help. I am having a crash to desk top problem right now and I'm not sure how to fix it. I used TES5EDIT to try and see if I had a load order problem, so I ran it and sure enough TES5EDIT indicated that my Official Dawnguard patch needed to go below my Official Skyrim Patch instead of before it as it currently was. An easy fix, so I thought. Well, I tried changing it's load order in NMM, by using the green arrows to move it, but no matter what I do it will not go below it for some reason. When I clicked on the Dawguard mod to look at it's associated files I noticed there was a note in red, saying that the file was tagged as an esp file when it was actually as esm file. I don't if this is why it won't change position.  However when i tried to launch the game from STEAM directly and I clicked on the data files link on the launch screen I could change the load order with no problem. When I tried to launch the game after doing this the game still crashed however. Can you help me with this? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

• 1441 posts
    July 6, 2014 11:35 PM EDT
    Post this in the Modders Workshop Amdrew. :)
    • 27 posts
    July 6, 2014 11:48 PM EDT

Thanks Chris I posted it there too.