Forums » Elder Scrolls

Does Anyone Hate Ruins?

• 36 posts
    June 25, 2014 12:13 AM EDT

So after a couple of months of being extremely busy I have finally been able to start playing my beloved Skyrim again.  As I was playing I forgot how much I hate ruins. Nordic ruins, Dwarven ruins, really just any type of ruins I hate.  The funny thing is I am not even sure why I hate ruins but I find myself avoiding going into them as much as possible and I always loathe quests that involve me going into them.  I think it may have something to do with me having a slight fear of ruins and some forts in Oblivion, some of those places were so ominous and the undead in that game freaked me out.  So, with all this in mind I just wanted to ask fellow members of the blog there's other people that hate or just dislike ruins for any reason or if I am just some strange nut case.

• 856 posts
    June 25, 2014 10:29 AM EDT

I love exploring ruins; I explore every nook and cranny I can find. I oft work very hard to get to ledges and out of the way places - sometimes I get extra loot, but most of the time I find that I had just wasted my time.

I also agree with Overhate's comment - once I have explored a ruin, it is not as interesting on my subsequent play-throughs.

• 209 posts
    June 25, 2014 10:44 AM EDT
    First time exploring ruins is one of the best things ever.
  • June 25, 2014 11:06 AM EDT

This

• June 25, 2014 11:06 AM EDT

Dungeon crawl is there greatest crawl of all.

• 122 posts
    June 25, 2014 11:20 AM EDT

It's not the ruins, it's the darkness that comes with the ruins that makes dungeon crawling a tedious chore for me. 

• 36 posts
    June 25, 2014 12:55 PM EDT

I honestly don't know why I don't like going into ruins.  I mean yes it does get a little boring and repetitive when a vast majority of quests involve you going into them to get something but I think there's more to it.  I think I mainly don't like dwarven ruins because you usually have to deal with the Falmer then and I hate fighting Falmer.  For nordic ruins I think I might just be a little afraid of them as ridiculous as that sounds lol