Forums » Elder Scrolls

Best house in Skyrim (Without DLC)

• June 10, 2014 7:04 PM EDT

Hey-o! Markiah here,

The title says it all,what's your favor house in Skyrim?

I'm all up for the house in riften because theirs nothing like a house overlooking land and water.

• 700 posts
    June 10, 2014 7:33 PM EDT

Vlindrel House in Markarth.  I really appreciate all the bookshelves and one-floor layout.  It has a really open feel to it.

• 1483 posts
    June 10, 2014 7:46 PM EDT

Honeyside. Entrance from outside the city allows you to avoid vampire attacks, crafting tables are neatly separated from the living area, there is an open air market very close to it. I also like the layout of bookshelves in the house (although it could've used more) 

• June 10, 2014 8:09 PM EDT

Eh,that house is alright.A bit dull.

• 700 posts
    June 10, 2014 8:13 PM EDT

Even with the grand entrance hall and dwarven architecture?  It feels like a house fit for a Jarl, and I only have to be Thane to live in it.  

• 700 posts
    June 10, 2014 8:15 PM EDT

That place ain't right.  Mannequins watching me sleep and messing with my things when I'm not there...

• June 10, 2014 9:05 PM EDT

Word.

• June 10, 2014 9:08 PM EDT

I dunno if this was a glitch,but one night I came home to Honeyside and it was pitch black.I went downstairs to find the mannequins moved around.I was so freaked I didn't even bother to save

the game before ejecting it.

• 62 posts
    June 10, 2014 10:08 PM EDT

I've only ever managed to get Honeyside once. Every other time I have tried, the option to buy just never seems to become available.

My favourite? Breezehome. It's basic, cheap and in a thriving city. 

• 10 posts
    June 10, 2014 11:07 PM EDT

Breezehome. Cheap, cozy and easy access to the blacksmith.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 11, 2014 1:22 AM EDT

Breezehome is okay. Sturdy little hut, great for a small family with a low budget.

Honeyside - A dinky little house in a bad town. More of a temporary hideout to give the Jarls the slip. I never liked it.

Vindrel - All I can think of is CO poisoning.

Hjerim - A good upper-middle class kind of home, large enough for a family, all the amenities and space a thane deserves.

Proudspire - A home for a proper thane of great riches.

I like the latter two, but I've only really spent much time in Hjerim.

• June 11, 2014 1:26 AM EDT

Hjerim is probably my favorite; located in a major city, decent size, has a lot of amenities and is very atmospheric. It also requires a lot of footwork to unlock, so there's a real sense of accomplishment when you get it.

After that, I like Vlindrel Hall a lot. Markarth is one of my favorite cities, and it's unlike any other house in the game.

• 13 posts
    June 11, 2014 11:40 AM EDT

I will use any of them depending on what character I'm playing, but Honeyside is my favorite. The easy entrance, having a little garden inside the city, the atmosphere, its everything my alchemist could want!

• June 13, 2014 4:51 PM EDT

Honeyside

1.I'm a thief.

2.it is a nice,pretty house

3.the balcony has a beutiful view.