Forums » Elder Scrolls

Stormcloaks,Imperials,or The Thalmor?

• June 8, 2014 2:58 AM EDT

Hey Markiath here,

And right now at 1:55 AM I'm asking you the question of the current time.

As the title says,which one do you choose?

I look at it this way:

Racist Ruler

Military Controller

and Another Racist Ruler.

I picked the Imperials because even though their not the best one,it sure beats skyrim looking like Windhelm.

• 57 posts
    June 8, 2014 11:21 AM EDT

The way I view it, is if the Thalmor stayed the way it was originally made for, I would have supported it.

However, I go with Imperials due to many factors. If Ulfric wins then the entirety of Skyrim just got weaker both in help from outside countries, i.e. Cyrodiil, and is no longer under the jurisdiction of the Treaty, which means that the Thalmor now can start a war. A small group of Nords cannot take down a treaty that spans many countries, and a heavily powerful army. The Imperials hate the Thalmor just as much as the Nords, and are likely planning to rid themselves of their chains, and if they do not keep Skyrim they will be weaker, meaning that both are open then for invasion.

• June 8, 2014 2:58 PM EDT

This one does not like racism,he is kahajiit after all.

• June 8, 2014 3:00 PM EDT

Skyrim dosent need another war.the Thalmor could start a war with the snap of their yellow fingers.

• June 8, 2014 3:01 PM EDT

Indeed they do,but the imperials could wipe out the thalmor for years to come.

• 285 posts
    June 8, 2014 3:05 PM EDT
    They aren't humanphobic, they just hate Talos Worshippers, many of those Elves were alive when Tiber Septim used the equivalent of a Nuclear Weapon on them.
  • June 8, 2014 3:07 PM EDT

For some odd reason in rpg the common factions never just want to find the main enemy...but I agree the stormcloaks fight in good reason but Ulfric fights to become high king of skyrim and a bit of freedom.

• June 8, 2014 3:08 PM EDT

While I agree,I feel the Imperials could be better at keeping skyrim and its people happy.

• 285 posts
    June 8, 2014 3:10 PM EDT
    I'm for the Aldmeri Dominion, to be honest, personal thoughts aside, the Dominion may be the most stable force out there except for maybe Argonia under the An-Xileel.
  • June 8, 2014 3:10 PM EDT

The imperials just can't break away from the thalmor without starting another war,then the stormcloaks could for sure defeat the imperials

• 285 posts
    June 8, 2014 3:11 PM EDT
    Not to mention, if Ulfric wins, there won't be an Empire anymore, the final 2 provinces would be cut off from each other.
    • 285 posts
    June 8, 2014 3:12 PM EDT
    *facepalms*

You do realize Anequina and Pellitine are Thalmor client states and that most Khajiit love the Dominion...
    • 285 posts
    June 8, 2014 3:33 PM EDT
    Not to mention, Skyrim on it's own(as of the events of Skyrim) is indefensible. Between the entire Northern Coastline, the Reach being mostly controlled by the Forsworn, and internal trouble...
  • June 8, 2014 3:34 PM EDT

I do not,I spelled Khajiit wrong.

• June 8, 2014 3:35 PM EDT

If they were not racist and sought to control the world.yeah

• 1441 posts
    June 8, 2014 3:36 PM EDT
    I hate the Thalmor, for various reason. 1. They lied to another race about bringing the moons back. 2. They massacred a number of Blades, and brought their heads in a wagon. 3. They burned, and probably raped, citizens of every Valenwood town that wouldn't bend the knee, 4. They want to destroy all men, or atleast the possibility of them existing. 5. They drag people off in the night just for worshipping and send them to God knows where, 6. They believe Elves are the superior race, or atleast Altmer. And 7. They treat their Bosmer brethren like dirt.
  • June 8, 2014 3:50 PM EDT
    They alienated half of the population. Spectacular job, Imperials. The people of Skyrim know how to make themselves happy. Having someone else telling a Nord how to be happy is asking for trouble.
  • June 8, 2014 3:53 PM EDT
    Never fight a land war in Asia. Skyrim is on the other side of the world. Supply lines alone would make it impossible, not to mention the stubborn Nords who would never bow. Invading Skyrim is possibly the dumbest thing the Dominion can do.
    • 285 posts
    June 8, 2014 3:55 PM EDT
    But Ulfric is hated or at least disliked by a large chunk of the population, if Ulfric comes to power, he will not have full support.
  • June 8, 2014 4:01 PM EDT
    They also caused the "Ulfric Problem" with the Markarth Incident.
    • 285 posts
    June 8, 2014 4:03 PM EDT
    Nope, with Skyrim leaving, the Empire will end, the Thalmor would just play mop up in Cyrodiil and when they crush the Stormcloaks(now the Dominion won't have to worry about being out-numbered), and they will crush the Stormcloaks because face it, although they're brave, they're also stupid, their pride won't let them fade away and fight a guerrilla war, where they could make the Thalmor's life hell, they all get obliterated by the Thalmor wizards is suicide charges. Then where is the resistance, all of the people wiling to fight are conveniently gathered into one group, and any others who pop up will be quickly crushed, there will be no defense against the Dominion's wizards when the Nords are against magic; if Ulfric wins, Skyrim will be isolated and obliterated.
    • 285 posts
    June 8, 2014 4:05 PM EDT
    What, Ulfric charging in and massacring Forsworn who held a relatively peaceful takeover certainly wouldn't create any enmity at all.

Edit:
    The Markarth incident is one of the reasons I dislike Ulfric, in that he proved himself a hypocrite, he preaches people deserve freedom from Tyranny and religious freedom, yet when a group dared try to become free themselves, except from Skyrim, how dare they, they obviously needed to be crushed.
  • June 8, 2014 4:08 PM EDT
    The Empire tasked Ulfric with getting the reach back into the hands of the Empire, and the Empire didn't deliver on their end.
    I'd be pissed too if someone backed out of a deal like that, especially when it's the Empire I was serving.

The Empire created the Stormcloaks, and Tulius is on clean up duty.
    • 285 posts
    June 8, 2014 4:10 PM EDT
    And even better, if the Dragonborn is a Nord, then the Dominion literally just has to wait until he/she dies, that'll happen in probably 80 years max, and for a race that can live over a thousand years...
    • 285 posts
    June 8, 2014 4:14 PM EDT
    The Empire DID NOT task Ulfric with that, the Empire was in talks with the Reachmen to make the Reach an autonomous zone in the Empire(The Bear of Markarth
    The Crimes of Ulfric Stormcloak)!