Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favourite fighting style?

• 585 posts
    May 30, 2014 8:40 AM EDT
    This is simple, what is your favourite fighting style? This can be a simple sword 'n' board or stealth archer to a pacifist or shield mage. Even though the majority will probably like the more generic fighting styles, the more unusual or complicated the better.
    I'll go first, mine is now a two-handed barbarian with alchemy and some alteration as support skills, this is probably very common for the Skyrim veterans, but I've only played stealth oriented characters with the occasional mage.
    • 585 posts
    May 30, 2014 8:51 AM EDT
    Do you use this (AWESOME!) move on pure mages, spell swords etc?
  • TED
    • 45 posts
    May 30, 2014 8:58 AM EDT

Hi, Billy Mays here for FISTS and BOARD!

• 585 posts
    May 30, 2014 8:59 AM EDT
    I've only used this on spell swords, using fire balls with a fire enchanted sword is just to fun! :)
    I'm gonna have to try this with a pure mage as well though, I can just imagine using fire storm then changing to flames would look epic as well as Magicka effective.
    • 13 posts
    May 30, 2014 9:04 AM EDT

Either a non stealthy archer or an illusionist.

• 585 posts
    May 30, 2014 9:11 AM EDT
    Mother of God! How have I never thought of this before, thank you Billy Mays for your wisdom!
    • 1441 posts
    May 30, 2014 9:11 AM EDT
    The Lord of Bretony prefers to fight as a battlemage, overwhelming his foes with either a blade,mor intents spells.
    • 61 posts
    May 30, 2014 9:18 AM EDT

Has to be witch-hunter. Pop up two flame atronachs, and shoot at a distance at the enemy, with their fireballs and your arrows.

• 585 posts
    May 30, 2014 9:21 AM EDT
    Hmmmmmmm... Am I right to assume that you like being OP?
  • Al
    • 23 posts
    May 30, 2014 9:24 AM EDT

Pure barbarian lately. Its sure as hell fun to go out swinging a massive sword with nearly but your skivvys.

• 585 posts
    May 30, 2014 9:25 AM EDT
    So you can get killed by just about anything, the thing is, does anything actually get to you?
    • 585 posts
    May 30, 2014 9:28 AM EDT
    It's mine to :) What skill do you use for support?, alchemy, alteration, restoration etc?
    • 490 posts
    May 30, 2014 9:32 AM EDT
    Unarmored sword and defensive magic only (Alteration and Restoration). I have a serious addiction to Conjuration summons as well which I guess is considered offensive.
    • 585 posts
    May 30, 2014 9:46 AM EDT

Do you use just a sword and nothing in the off hand, and use alteration at the start of battles, or use alteration and restoration in one hand and a sword in the other? Also, what is your favourite summon for this combination?

• 21 posts
    May 30, 2014 10:11 AM EDT

Agile Swordsman without shield (Bronn in Game of Thrones)

• Al
    • 23 posts
    May 30, 2014 11:10 AM EDT

none son, all i have is a bit of light armor

• 490 posts
    May 30, 2014 12:44 PM EDT

I use sword with spell in opposite hand. Block for me makes things too easy, especially Quick Reflexes.

Summons? I much prefer to have someone fighting by my side, so I do go for melee types. If I choose to take Twin Souls, I do like a ranged summon as well. Favorites would be Frost Atronach, Storm Atronach, Seeker, and Wrathman.

• 585 posts
    May 30, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
    Your more daring then I'll ever be then :)
    • 585 posts
    May 30, 2014 2:03 PM EDT
    I really need to try Seeker, but I've never had the time to get it (I'm not very fond of Apocrypha). I've also never used Wrathmen or any Dawnguard summons, they seem to evil for the majority of my characters and my evil ones don't use summons. I wonder if I can use Seeker and the Dawnguard summons on one character, hmmmmm...
    • 271 posts
    May 30, 2014 2:26 PM EDT
    The monkish swordsman-style. Unhooded brown monk robes + atherium crown + Steel weapons.

OH, alteration, restoration, alchemy, sneak and shouts.
    • 41 posts
    May 30, 2014 3:01 PM EDT

Mine is sword 'n' board. Some times I play a pure warrior, some times I add a few arcane skills to the mixture(restoration or alteration) but I always end up playing with a sword in one hand and a shield on the other.

• 49 posts
    May 30, 2014 4:01 PM EDT

Barbarian (LA+2H) is fun for me, I also like flaming my enemies while I hack away at them with an axe.

• 70 posts
    May 31, 2014 6:00 AM EDT

My favourite fighting style is a spellsword. I normally use one-handed, destruction and light armour along with alchemy. This means I can fight at any range and boost my skills if needed while only using a small number of skills.

• 47 posts
    May 31, 2014 9:52 AM EDT

Fighting? Ugh. Such crass activity is beneath me. I follow a more refined procedure when dealing with threats, namely:

- conjure two Dremora Lords

- unleash my fierce Lydia

- stand back and watch.

If anything is fortunate enough to get past those three killers, then I simply immobilise it with ice or paralysis until one of them can come over and murder it.

• 661 posts
    May 31, 2014 11:16 AM EDT
    These days Im doing something wrong. Enemies always find away behind me, sometimes I'll get killed, or I may let my guard down, and get murdered. So I must have forgotten my favorite style of fighting if I can't fight. Too much damned magic if you ask me.