Forums » The Lounge

Shape Shifting

• 12 posts
    May 20, 2014 2:53 PM EDT

Hey guys, first thread and stuff soooooo.. Well when looking at some builds I thought of some game I used to play where everyone could shape shift and stuff and was wondering if maybe that would have been a good addition to the game, I know you can transform into a werewolf and vampire lord but what if you could be a regular wolf or bear. What do you think about it and would you mind it being in Elders Scroll 6?

• 1483 posts
    May 20, 2014 3:06 PM EDT

I certainly won't mind it  There is a spell in Skyrim files but not implemented in the game - Polymorph Skeever (turn yourself into a skeever). I'd love to have it implemented. I would have also liked other forms like hawks and slaughterfish but only if there are predators in their corresponding environments, so you could not safely fly from Riften to Solitude 

• 1217 posts
    May 20, 2014 3:13 PM EDT

Unless I can crawl on walls and ceilings as a spider, I'll probably pass.

• 88 posts
    May 20, 2014 3:36 PM EDT
    In the creation kit? Sick! I was looking for that kind of effect.
    • 1483 posts
    May 20, 2014 3:45 PM EDT
    • 856 posts
    May 20, 2014 3:49 PM EDT

I absolutely think it's a good idea. Not only would I like to be able to transform into bears and wolves, but other creatures like hawks, rats, cats, bats, and so forth. Generally I would like to see more utility type spells and powers.

• 69 posts
    May 20, 2014 8:05 PM EDT

A druid like thing, with various animals to turn into, would be great.

• 1441 posts
    May 20, 2014 9:02 PM EDT
    Is love to turn into a wolf or horse, as I love both animals. Wolves, the fierce, yet noble, predators of forests, silently stalking in the night. Horses, well, because then I could post a picture saying, "I've done it....I AM A PONY MOTHERBUCKERS!"
    • 12 posts
    May 20, 2014 11:41 PM EDT

lol

• 41 posts
    May 21, 2014 2:18 AM EDT
    I like the idea. Perhaps it would be a school of magic, with increasingly powerful polymorph spells and spells that could revert the forms of other polymorphed beings, if enemies could also use the spells.
    • 30 posts
    May 21, 2014 5:24 AM EDT

If you play on pc you can use these mods

Wrath of Nature - The Path of the Druid   http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31485/?

Wrath of Nature - The Champion of Kynareth   http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39928/?

Druid Essentials   http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37665/?

• 622 posts
    May 21, 2014 5:49 AM EDT

I was going to bring those up, ha. Amazing mods!

• 88 posts
    May 21, 2014 12:22 PM EDT
    I need to figure out how to make this usable.... Do you know if it crashes when used on enemies?
    • 585 posts
    May 21, 2014 2:04 PM EDT
    I could be my followers horse! That would be beyond awesome lol.
    • 61 posts
    May 21, 2014 5:05 PM EDT

Shape shifting would be truly epic. I'd love to swim from one end of Skyrim to another as a fish or sneak through a dungeon as a skeever or float through a giant's camp as a butterfly or frighten the residents of Riverwood as a cave troll. If it was in the game, I don't think I'd ever play a character that didn't use it. And I can say that honestly, because I play shape shifters wherever I can.

• 12 posts
    May 21, 2014 5:34 PM EDT

or you could change your follower into a horse and you could ride them