Forums » Elder Scrolls

Vampire Lord or Werewolf

• 6 posts
    April 14, 2014 9:35 PM EDT
    I jus got Skyrim legendary edition and im soon starting the dawnguard dlc.There is a skill perk tree for a werewolf and vampire lord. I have the option of being a werewolf or a vampire lord. Im not sure which route to take. I feel the vampire side is more overpowered than the werewolf side which is a good thing in my opinion but i also always like the sound of being a beast and causing destruction, but then again being a creature of the night feeding upon prey and stuff sounds really cool. So i need your opinion which side is more fun and more rewarding and just flat out cooler. Vampire or Werewolf.
    • 41 posts
    April 14, 2014 10:38 PM EDT
    They are completely different and you should try both of them.
    • 700 posts
    April 14, 2014 11:02 PM EDT

I found the Werewolf to be OP, but a rewarding roleplay experience.  I suggest that your first choice be whatever you think will be more enjoyable to roleplay.  

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    April 15, 2014 1:59 AM EDT

Werewolf doesn't have the debilitating effects of vampirism so if you can't be bothered with that stick to werewolves. Vampire Lord is much better for spellcasting characters, because they get a bunch of cool spells and as a werewolf you lose access to magic. Just weigh the options and figure out what is best for your RP

• 95 posts
    April 16, 2014 6:51 AM EDT

As a werewolf the gameplay is a bit monotone, you have less possibilities, just go an slaughter everything (but still, I like it more than Vampire Lord). The vamplord is better for an eveil character. Just a recommendation: Chose vampire lord for a fighter character and chose werewolf for a mage character (like Ponty's Shaper), thus you will have more options :)